Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Pics from a brilliant long weekend in the Lakes
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Weather was great and the trails dusty! 8)

The rest are here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/71958789@N00/sets/72157623770296923/show/

DavidM
    Free Member

Niiiiiice. In true STW'er style I reckon that Langdale/Borrowdale route is better t'other way round. Still an ace day out. Hats off for going down Rosset Ghyll

yoshimi

Nic pics, certainly the great outdoors big country view – where is that valley at the beginning of the set – also, theres a picture of one of you pointing to a singletrack line coming off a mountain in the distance – wheres that?

anc
    Free Member

Ullock Pike…its brill but cheeky 😉

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Looking up Skiddaw from Carlside Tarn – about to head down Ullock.

Edit – +1 anc 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

DavidM, yes Rosset is the hardest thing I have ever been down 😯

yoshimi – thats Langdale

Ullock is amazing…

anc
    Free Member

PT Think your right 😀 I thought he meant this pic. Others looking up Skiddaw as you say

Good pics Freeridenick, you definately made the most of your weekend 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

anc – yep, really good weekend.

lowey

Brilliant!!!

Superb pics mate. Dead Jealous. Although I do have 1 full lads weekend coming up in Coniston in June and a 2 day Bivy planned taking in Rosset Ghyll the week after!! Hope the weather is as good for me.

Thanks for sharing mate.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Wow! Nice pics.

marionheck
    Free Member

I passed you on saturday i think, recohnise your bike. I was on my road bike practising for the fred Whitton in a few weeks. I was slightly jealous of you………

chakaping
    Free Member

Great pics.

Makes me wamnt to jump in the car and drive up there now!

freeridenick
    Free Member

marionheck, near Thirlmere??
    yoshimi, doubt they are going to come to Dorking and arrest us!

duir
    Free Member

Mountain Biker.

Andituk
    Free Member

Stunning pics – thanks for sharing.

Makes me slightly fed up to be stuck in work 😆

brad101
    Free Member

look's great

anc
    Free Member

yoshimi. Yes worked out you meant that one, Parkedtiger got it right 😉 you come down that off the summit to do Ullock. It has a very steep loooosse bit half way down :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Nick, what route/each point is that? Would like to ride that.

anc
    Free Member

Hora its the route off Skiddaw to Carlside then Longside edge and down Ullock Pike along the allerdale ramble. Best not done at peak times as it can get busy and its a footpath, brilliant evening ride.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

it has a very steep loooosse bit half way down

We came down there last Saturday (after trying three times through the winter but were scuppered by the snow) – there are two tracks starting appear, running parallel. Stoney (from here) suggested a head to head race might be a fun idea 😯

Edit – I think I was slightly out Anc…Nick looks like he's on the summit of Ullock looking back, rather than at the tarn (pedant 😀 )

freeridenick
    Free Member

yes we did it yesterday, only met one group of ramblers really on the first section. Then empty after that.

hora
    Free Member

Nick thank you for pleasuring my eyes 8) 😯

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

You say Rossett is the hardest thing you've ever ridden. As someone who hasn't done it I'd like to ask, whether you've tried the descent from (just below) the summit of Causey Pike and, if so, how that compares. Causey is the hardest thing I've ever ridden.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Paul, not ridden Causey so can't comment on that! Its certainly up there with stuff I have ridden on the Northshore, Whistler etc.
    PS, thanks for the Helvellyn route advice – Sticks down to Thirlmere was ace!

parkedtiger
    Free Member

paul – YGM

Diane
    Free Member

Wow!

hora
    Free Member

Skiddaw to Carlside then Longside edge and down Ullock Pike along the allerdale ramble.

Is it easy to follow/plan on a map?

anc
    Free Member

Yep, its easy to follow full stop if its clear, most difficult bit is finding the path off the summit. Wouldn't bother if its remotely windy lower down though, very exposed to the wind on Skiddaw and along Ullock ridge.

Drac

Awesomes!

The lakes is fantastic.

anc
    Free Member

Paul Rossett gill super technical big broken rock type riding where as Causey is just steep singletrack. For me Rossett is far more difficult and has more penalty points.

radoggair
    Free Member

Nice pics, looke fantastic although you guys seemed to be walking on trails that could of been ridden

freeridenick
    Free Member

Not freeride bikes. its all about the down anyway. Like to see you ride up castle crags though!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Stop posting these pics of the lakes,peaple will start doing these routes instead of the nft and whinlatter.I won't be able to move when i'm on my bike 😆

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok, sounds like I need to go to Rossett Gill to pick up some penalty points. No idea what that means, but it sounds like the sort of thing I'd want to be involved with!

Glad you enjoyed Sticks Nick, I forgot I'd advised on that, though when I saw your pictures I did think that was one of 'my' rides!

Re Causey; are we both talking about the same descent? I'm talking about the summit towards Rowling End, with a left halfway down to circumnavigate Rowling End. I don't remember the top section being 'steep singletrack' more steep wide slidey rock-fest, it was all back wheel locked, slide down with some ridiculous angles of slip.

yunki
    Free Member

awe inspiring.. mtb mecca?

anc
    Free Member

(Paul) Yes thats the one, yep it's loose but its no boulder fest. Get yourself to Rossett Ghyll and you'll understand 😛 Penalty points = potential for doing yourself a proper mischief and time with the NHS 😆 It would surprise me if anyone could ride it all in one go.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Can anyone email the route of that ride to me, looks mega. Not fully "up to speed" with the Lakes and MTB routes but this looks fantastic.

How long is it, altitude gained ?

Thanks in advance 😛

freeridenick
    Free Member

Paul, tried to get my make down the other side of Sticks first but he was worried he might not make it back up again! wimp I thought!

toons
    Free Member

Wow great photo's

Any chance you could email me the routes?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Pics from a brilliant long weekend in the Lakes’ is closed to new replies.