Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Picked up new car and someone has dented it already!!!
  • Guess it must be frustrating since you’ve just picked it up, I know I’d be annoyed. It’s probably best just to shrug your shoulders and accept it’s only and car, and this sort of accident is bound to happen every now and again

Unless you are like me and cannot stand unnecessary damage to my valued possessions.

I’m fine with smashing my bike on the trails, but if some unconsiderate twonk chucks his heap of iron on top of mine in the back of a van, then I’m annoyed.

Accidents happen, unnecessary damage though, grinds my shit

samuri
    Free Member

I was sat in my car in Sainsburys car park once, wife was in the shop, I was reading a book.
    Car banged and shook, I looked in the mirror and saw some guy had driven into the back of me,
    Got out, looked to see what had happened, he’d hit my towbar, crimped his front facade, no damage to my car.

I shrugged and started to get back into my car and he got out of his and started kicking off. Said he’d never hit me. I told him I didn’t care but he had hit me. He ranted for a while so I told him to eff off and got back in my car. He ranted at his wife for a bit and then started banging on the window so I wound the window down. He told me he’d not hit my car and he’d checked. After a brief argument of me telling him I didn’t care he left. Big crimp in his car.

Get a towbar.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Unless you are like me and cannot stand unnecessary damage to my valued possessions.

I’m fine with smashing my bike on the trails, but if some unconsiderate twonk chucks his heap of iron on top of mine in the back of a van, then I’m annoyed.

Accidents happen, unnecessary damage though, grinds my shit

I hear ya. People can be inconsiderate arseholes, although sometimes accidents do happen. Best not to let it bother you to much. I have an S reg Honda Civic so I couldnt give a shit either way really!

samuri
    Free Member

I have an S reg Honda Civic so I couldnt give a shit either way really!

This. I could never spend too much on a car. It’s a utilitarian device at best.

Fair play David. I have a 17yr old Lava Dome, a 7 yr old S-Works Enduro and a 1 yr old Navara pick-up – the scenario described winds me up with any of the above in equal measures.

johndoh
    Free Member

This. I could never spend too much on a car. It’s a utilitarian device at best.

Arsehole alert.

Shall I stamp all over your bike then. After all it’s just utilitarian…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, I know what you mean, it’d piss me off if I knew someone had done it on purpose. My car isnt in the best of nick anyway, so if someone does put a ding in the paint work, it wouldn’t stand out like a sore thumb, staring me in the face everytime I use my car.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

So I guesss what I mean is; I’d soon forget about it 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Comments saying it’s just a car are missing the point

It’s a big investment. Some of us like to take care of them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve vowed that this one will be our last expensive car. Well I say expensive, it was just under 10k which is a lot of money for us. Great car but no one seems to have respect for other peoples stuff anymore. And the latest episode was the last straw after the kids decided to race back to the car (competitive siblings) and both were pushing so hard ftw that neither of the **** had enough road left to break. Both ran in to it 👿

squirrelking
    Free Member

Arsehole alert.

Do feel the need to announce your presence everywhere you go?

I used to care about my car, I even washed it. After the dents and scrapes started appearing I stopped giving a shit and just got on with my life, saves me money on lotions and potions that I can spend on other stupid shit.

I get the wanting to keep it nice and all that but there does come a point where you realise it makes as much as no difference anyway. Ripped the front bumper off on an errant heras fence the other month, cost me ~30p and 20 minutes of my time (due to darkness) to fix from the multipack of clips I already had.

Back to the OP though, I feel your pain, despite the above it still **** me off when people don’t treat things they don’t own like shit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

jools182 – Member
    Comments saying it’s just a car are missing the point

It’s a big poor investment. Some of us like to take care of them.

hora
    Free Member

A woman dropped her car keys onto thr bonnet of my Forester on the ferry. I didnt flinch. If it’d been a CRV I’d have had to put my hand in my beige slacks and pay for a repair out of my pension.

What car have you bought Renton?

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Some people don’t give a shit and deliberately damage other peoples property. The best one I had (after loads of incidents of being victim of dings) was parking on Sainsburys car park one Sunday away from any other cars when the car park was less than half full. Came back to the car to see someone had parked so close to me that I couldn’t even get between the cars let alone open my driver side door. When I had a look down the gap I could see a huge crease in my door from his drivers door, even left paint on my door.
    Promptly got into my car via the passenger door, moved my car over then keyed his down the full length……
    His was a total deliberate act of vandalism answered by my deliberate act of retaliation.

clubby

Salesman managed to drive my new car into the showroom door just after I signed for it. Then he couldn’t understand why he got 0 out of 10 in the customer service questionnaire.

hora
    Free Member

‘Get a twbar’

Until you realise its cracked a weld or twisted etc.

br
    Free Member

It’s a big investment.

No, it’s a big cost…

johndoh
    Free Member

I was in a local Pets At Home last week and saw a brand new BMW drive into another car then speed off. So I followed him, got a picture of his reg number and went back to the store and waited for the owner of the other car to come back to her vehicle.

Selfish muppet – I hope it bites him hard.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

*gets really paranoid as he is picking up new car tomorrow*

monkeychild
    Free Member

renton
    Free Member

Bought this hora ……

brooess
    Free Member

I also look after my stuff and get upset if someone else doesn’t respect that – and as getting inside a car seems to do something very odd to some people’s minds it makes sense not to have a car you care about.

Whether people are incompetent, stupid or vindictive, it makes sense to not buy a too nice car IMO.

zilog6128

Yep, there are too many things in the world already to stress or worry about. A ding/dent/scratch on a motor car does not even pass the “give a shit” test for me now. YMMV.

hora
    Free Member

I approve

samuri
    Free Member

Shall I stamp all over your bike then. After all it’s just utilitarian…

LOL! No-one would notice. Unless your stamping removed some of the mud that I never clean off it.

I’m interested in what your issue is though. How am I an arsehole if I don’t like spending a lot of money on a car because I see it as just something to get me and things around the place?

hora
    Free Member

But you can appreciate that someone works hard and may be proud or want to look after what his wages pay for.

natrix
    Free Member

Yep, there are too many things in the world already to stress or worry about. A ding/dent/scratch on a motor car does not even pass the “give a shit” test for me now. YMMV.

Exactly, compared to cancer, heart disease, divorce, having your child seriously ill in hospital, you chaps should be feeling really lucky that all you’ve got to worry about is a scratch on your precious cars. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Nice troll.

nant
    Free Member

I tend to park my crappy but immaculate bodywork mondeo between 2 super expensive cars in the hope that they don’t want to damage their cars. Ha

LMT
    Free Member

I’ve said before when I traded my last car in, we counted 17 dings and dents, only 2 bigger than a 10p piece but other little dings, its one of those things with car ownership, it shouldn’t happen but it does far too many people out there that care for there cars but don’t give a shit when they bang there car doors or shopping trolleys into others!!

renton
    Free Member

Here is a crappy picture of the dent!

And this one is of another mark left by a nice person in their white 4×4 in the retail park in Elgin yesterday……..

weeksy

You going to do this with every mark?

Any stone chips?

Have a word fella, its a car not a priceless piece of Japanese art

renton
    Free Member

Weeksy, when you buy a car on condtion that it has not chips or dents you would expect it to last a little bit longer than a day before it gets knocked about.

Top picture dosent really show the mark that well, its quite a big dent.

Would you be pissed if someone dented your brand new bike?

weeksy

I was with the first mark on my new Mondeo, but then you realise its just a car. It doesn’t have a value as it’s not for sale.

My bike, its designed for throwing down mountains.

aP
    Free Member

A dent in a car doesn’t affect the operation of it, a dent in a bike could well write off the frame, it’s not the same thing.
    Our Focus has had buses drive along both sides, of course no one stops any more, so we’ve just had to live with it.
    Does mean that more precious people give us plenty of room in tight manoeuvring situations which is nice.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just get a dent remover to get it out and move on. Its an arse when something like this happens. We had the front of our Audi resprayed and then the next day someone took the front end off it and had to go back into be done again. That’s 2 lots of insurance paperwork in a week….. I am of the gutted type, when something you work for to own gets damaged by a twunt. In fact the wife has just put a scratch down the side of our XC60 from the front to the rear bumper yesterday……..cant say what I called her. She caught the same thing 3 months ago, but its not going to polish out this time. And I let her loose in my £20k car? Going to get her a sodding banger……

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Picked up new car and someone has dented it already!!!’ is closed to new replies.