Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pick my rim…..
  • Shackleton

Having just killed my second Stans Flow ex inside of 2 years I need a new rim.

Considering a flow ex3, xm481 or ex511 as I’d like to go to 30mm width but open to other ideas.

Never really been a wheel smasher before, in fact I think I’ve only destroyed one other in over 20 years of mtb riding, but either I’m getting clumsy or I’m riding harder stuff! I’m 14st and the wheels will be going on my 135mm r/150mm f travel banshee prime and used for “enduro” style riding (Golfie, Dunkeld, Ballo, etc) rather than trail /xc rides.

Erring towards the ex511 for longevity, does this sound sensible? Will also be my first wheel build so don’t want difficult rims.

Cheers,

S

escrs
    Free Member

Had the Stans EX3 Flow rims for two years before the rim started cracking at the spoke holes

Had the Flow EX’s before that and they were great hence trying the EX3 Flow rims

Now on DT Swiss EX1501 wheels which have been faultless (they use the EX511 rim)

All used on a 23+kg e bike with a 103kg rider

Shackleton

Cheers, now I just have to find somewhere with ex511 29er 32 hole rims in stock!

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

Have a look on European sites for the rims….. They seem to have more stock than the UK.

TheGhost
    Free Member

DT Swiss with Squorx and washers = outstanding

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pick my rim…..’ is closed to new replies.