Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)
  • Picard – Amazon 24th Jan (Spoilers)
  • Cougar

What’s Guinan?

Some sort of chocolate seashell I think.

cookeaa

What’s Guinan?

The face you make when number one burns?

Or something to do with a ‘ten forward’ which is probably very niche and needs you to synchronise several like minded people…

Cougar

Discovery has made me less than optimistic anything good can come of Star Trek anymore.

Discovery is the best thing to happen to Star Trek since the Dominion War.

dirkpitt74

Watched the first episode on the train this morning – pretty good, if not a bit slow getting going.
    Will see how it pans out.
    Next Gen was the last Star Trek series I watched properly – only ever caught a couple of episodes of Discovery.

zilog6128

Quite enjoyed it – not Star Trek though is it!

weeksy

Yeah was perfectly watchable, no issues for me. Way better than the other one that i watched for 6 mins.

kimbers

They are uploading one episode a week?

That sucks

What a crap way to watch tv

Drac

Well that wasn’t bad at all fat better than the other excuse of Star Trek that is Discovery.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I find it hard to like Discovery, it’s all a bit “nudge, look, there’s Spock, we put that in for the fans, and wait till you see who else turns up”

I’m hoping Picard is just loads of Patrick Stewart being Patrick Stewart, but we’ll see tonight (hopefully, if the wifey in charge agrees)

jamj1974

I enjoyed it.  Although, I enjoyed Discovery too!

zilog6128

I’m hoping Picard is just loads of Patrick Stewart being Patrick Stewart

tbh we were joking that if it was just an old Picard chilling out at his french farmhouse & reminiscing about the Enterprise, that would’ve been great 😂 Maybe Riker pops over for tea every once in a while and sits down in that funny way of his.

As it is, so far it’s enjoyable but with a fairly generic plot (shades of Firefly/Serenity) with a bit of conspiracy stuff chucked in. I hope there is some substance to this show & it’s not just Patrick Stewart running around (although to his credit he is VERY sprightly for a 79 year old!!) saving the galaxy from baddies.

Kryton57

I quite like it.   Very Patrick Stewart at the start with grammatical and historical references, a hint a Picards Churchwellian passion in the interview.

I wonder whether theres a younger / american audiences that doesnt understand Patrick Stewarts Shakespearian idiosychrosies and have already turned their nose up at it

Spoiler:
    Anyone else think the Romulan reclamation site looks suspiciously like a Borg cube?
    Drac

American schools are much better than U.K. schools for teaching Shakespear.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I don’t really do Star Trek since the Shatner days, but I really liked that. Looking forward to the rest of the series,

Kryton57

Drac that they might be, but the English way comes as a mystery / can be alien to them in the main, in my experience anyway and many dont understand how we communicate based on our historical references.

I image – in the majority – they see and celebrate Patrick Stewart as very “English” but dont quite “get” why.

IMHO of course.

shermer75
    Free Member

How do you do that fancy pants spoiler thing?

jimdubleyou
    Spoiler:
    Ok, so I watched it, but had no idea about simulants being banned etc. What can I watch to catch me up?
    Drac

How do you do that fancy pants spoiler thing?

Spoiler between [ and ] then /spoiler between [ and ]</span>

belfastflyer
    Free Member

I thought it was decent. Hopefully he doesn’t pick up too many hangers on during his journeys.

Billion times better than that cosplay Discovery

fossy

Thumbs up from me.

rOcKeTdOg

I enjoyed that, I like the way they made Data look old and podgy 😄

vongassit
    Free Member

I am still hoping Captain Wesley Crusher makes an apperance & gets told to shut up. 1st episode was good enough for me.

moonsaballoon

Yep definitely enough there to get me back next week . The whole romulus star and mars thing ? how much of that stuff was in Nemesis ? Its ages since i have seen it and cant remember to much from it , i just remember not liking it very much .

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

First episode enough to keep me intrigued. Liked how the first scene was similar to final scene of Next Gen. I got distracted by mobile interweb browsing far less than most things we watch on Prime Video.

tinribz
    Free Member

Doesn’t have the soap feel of the old star trek. I guess thats not going to be easy without a ship or space station.

The producers have said it is more of a long film. Might have to watch Nemesis again to catch up.

For Wesley fans, he is hosting a new washup tv series called ready room. There’s a working link in this review:

Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Series Premiere – “Remembrance”

seosamh77
    Free Member

An excellent first episode! 🙂

devash
    Free Member

I used to love The Next Generation when I was a kid and they broadcast the series on BBC 2 in the nineties. I bought all the series box sets on DVD when I was at uni and watched it through again then (mid noughties) but sold them all a good few years ago.
    Last Christmas the wife bought me the complete Blu Ray remastered box set and I watched them all again over the course of 6 months and there were some great episodes and memories. However, overall I didn’t think the series had aged well so wasn’t sure what to expect going into this new series but so far so good. Looking forward to next week’s episode.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I always thought they should have taken the piss out of everything and made it a sitcom like Roseanne and showcase the private times leading up to Picard and Crusher getting divorced.

kimbers

The data/b-4 storyline was from nemesis (the song in picards dream is the one data sung at troi riker wedding)

Romulus supernova was only mentioned in the reboot movie, with Eric Bana

doom_mountain

I really enjoyed the first episode. Although it could’ve been spread over two episodes, it felt like there was a lot of story to get through.

I loved the line about the romulans ” not romulans lives…lives”. It was quite dusty in here….

I’m looking forward to detective Picard solving the mystery. How long until he gets a ship?

dudeofdoom

However, overall I didn’t think the series had aged well

I think that Picard,The Borg and 7 of 9 were the only thing it had going for it tbh.

leffeboy

Loving the ‘imagination’ type work that goes into creating the future  and  Stewart really is a joy to watch

It’s Star Trek Jim, but not as we know it

breatheeasy
    Free Member

My missus is apparently ‘a massive Star Trek’ fan. To be fair she did drag me arond the ST convention in Vegas and actually scared a couple of the ‘actors’ away with so much trekky BS

but ‘Oh look, thats Seven of Nine from Deep Space Nine’ now has me wondering on her fanboi claim….

boomerlives
    Free Member

I enjoyed thta. Obvisouly setting up the longer story arcs but well done.

The cube at the end was a bit unexpected, and Harry Treadaway is too significant an actor to be a throwaway character, so we’ll see how it develops.

I enjoyed Discovery; and the theme music was much better.

FuzzyWuzzy

FFS no HDR version!

darthpunk
    Free Member

answers to above spolers:

1. Yes, because that’s what it is

2. It was explained in the first episode, which apparently gets fleshed out more as it goes on

I liked it, a few good easter eggs for the fans (nerds……me) but not too Trekkie’ish to put the wife off

boomerlives
    Free Member

I think that Picard,The Borg and 7 of 9 were the only thing it had going for it tbh.

I doubt it, because 7 of 9 was not in that series

hols2
    Free Member

I thought the first episode was ok. Not awesome, but alright. I watched the original Shatner, Nimoy, etc. stuff when I was a kid and was never amazed by it. Watched the occasional episode of the later series, but was never into it. Discovery was disappointing, had some good bits, but too childish overall. This was better than that.

jekkyl

They’ve got to write a Q episode, they’ve just got to!

retro83
    Free Member

jekkyl

Subscriber

They’ve got to write a Q episode, they’ve just got to!

please no

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Picard – Amazon 24th Jan (Spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.