• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Piano music ID help
  • Jolsa

Series 1 episode 3 of ‘Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone fishing’ has a lovely bit of piano music that kicks in at 12mins 48 seconds.

I’ve tried Googling, checking the BBC site, going through the Spotify playlists that people have created for the show but no luck (why BBC don’t you list the music used?!)

Sounds very Ludovico Einaudi, so next step will be going through his back catalogue but STW has got good form with this kind of thing so would love it if someone could save me a few hours!

CountZero

Just tried to play it, but it’s telling me I have to live in the U.K.
    Now, I know Brexit has happened, but I hadn’t heard that Wessex had made a UDI!

Jolsa

Thanks for trying CZ, forgot about restrictions/log ins etc.

Clip in question here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AJnLK4K3QE1b6SadYK2rGypemQ7qRJLU

nbt

have you run it through Shazam?

TheFlyingOx

Just spent a rather enjoyable morning trying to find this, no luck. I’d have to say I think after a couple of hours listening to piano music I’m convinced it’s not so much Einaudi and more a Nobuo Uematsu-esque piano reprise of another tune used in the show. Not that that helps any.

DezB
    Free Member

Kinda hoped it would be this. But it wasn’t

Jolsa

Thanks for having a go The Flying Ox – glad you had fun trying at least!

nbt – tried Shazam and SoundCloud, plus my phone tends to pick up stuff (Pixel 2, probably using one of those services) but maybe there’s not enough of a clear musical stretch to identify?

Later on in the episode (15 min 50 sec) there’s another bit of music that sounds like it could be from the same piece
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rp6beVJQrzZfWkwMazBPihwmTu2Ssf7u

I’ve gone through Einaudi’s more recent 7 days walking stuff (I have a fair recollection of his older stuff) but no joy.

The search will have to move to the emailing BBC/production company stage soon as it’s turning in to one of those things I can’t drop!

CountZero

I think the issue I was having is possibly more to do with my using a VPN on my iPad, along with browser/search combos that are privacy oriented, google doesn’t enter the equation.

pipit
    Free Member

New here, first post, so trying to make a good impression and be a bit helpful. Try Billy Elliston – he has a playlist on No Sheet Music.

Jolsa

Pipit. You legend 🙂

The No Sheet Music presents Billy Elliston playlist on Spotify had it. ‘Melting’ by Billy Elliston.

Thank you and thank you again Pipit, you’ve made me very happy.

pipit
    Free Member

My pleasure Jolsa. I like a challenge.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s impressive. And not just because it was a first post! 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Bit of a lad 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Piano music ID help’ is closed to new replies.