Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • photoshop type stuff help…
  • meeeee
    Free Member

i've got a photo of me and me little nephew who i dont see very often but the camera strap is in the image as well.

its this photo

So… how difficult is it to fix and will a complete numpty like me manage to do this (dont mind spending a few evenings learning how to do stuff)? Or will the result still be a bit obvious?

Any reccommendations for reasonably cheap software?!

Thanks!

GrahamS

Bugger, that's a shame

It's such a large area that it'll be pretty obvious if you clone out the whole thing.

I'd crop in close and clone out whats left of it.

meeeee
    Free Member

yeah i just tried cropping it so theres only a bit of strap just left in the corner,and the picture still looks ok. I think i could do something with that and as it wont go across such a big bit of the photo it should look ok even with my amateur skills!

Whats good easy to use software (or do good, easy and cheap not go together?!). Dont mind buying something reasonable as long as its fairly straightforward to learn as theres plenty more photos i can try and improve!

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye, photoshop is the way forward if you don't mind splashing the cash. I've also heard a lot of good things about Gimp, which is free. Just had a quick play in CS2 (I'm bored!) and got this – not perfect but a wee bit better.

Before:

After:

If you'd like me to sort out the hi-res file, just email it through to me (address in profile).

meeeee
    Free Member

wow! For a 'quick play' that looks brilliant to me!

i'll email you the file if its ok, and sort you out with some beer tokens if you want 😀

edit: Actually i just saved the image from here and for what i was going to use it for (its just being added to the photos in my digital photo frame memory) then the resolution of the pic you posted is enough.

Can you pop the pics off the page if its possible? I dont mind having my pic up just not sure if my brothers family might object. Was going to delete the flickr one once i'd had some replies and advice.

Thanks!!

user-removed
    Free Member

No worries man – the above was quite literally two mins work – don't mind helping out where I can! Off to check email…..

EDIT: photos deleted as requested….

meeeee
    Free Member

thanks!

Just emailed it to my brother, he was very impressed with the results too.. i was thinking of telling him i did it but theres no way he would have believed it as he's seen my artistic skills before 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘photoshop type stuff help…’ is closed to new replies.