Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photoshop help/advice
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Ok I’m not fantastic with photoshop, but can usually figure out how to do something through just trying lots of things/googling, however this one has me completely stumped.

Instead of the black fading to white, I want it all to be black – but I want to keep the wavy lines, but I want them to be green. Is this do-able?

Cheers 🙂

AJames
    Free Member

Magic wand tool over one of lines you wish to keep, right click select ‘similar’, adjust tolerance if it selects too much of black/dark. Then go to top tool bar and under select choose inverse, then fill black, select inverse again and fill green.

Quite crude but depends what you want it for, try making duplicat layer and masking and also ‘feather’ for more subtle effect.

RealMan
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for your help. Gave it a few goes, but you’re right, it is quite crude (and I suck). Will have to hand it over to an expert I think. Cheers.

fisha
    Free Member

Ok – yes perfectly doable in photoshop.

What you need to learn up on is layers and layer masks.

For each layer in photoshop, you can have a layer mask(s) applied over it. the mask basically controls what sections of that particular layer show. Where the mask is white, the layer shows, where its black, it doesn’t ( or is it the other way round … cant remember half the time ) . The gradient Between black and white controls the amount of the layer showing or its opacity in other words.

In your example, you would want to have a layer which is completely green, then have a layer mask which controls which parts of the green show through the mask …. i.e. the mask should be your bubble effect.

—————————————–

an alternative is that you can select the area, then hit crtl-u to bring up the saturation panel, there should be a check box which says colour tint. It should then allow you to colour tint the whole selection … select green and you’ll see the change. That panel should also allow you to select just the highlights to change colour ( up and the top of the panel ) So that the black remains unchanged.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Invert it so its white on black and then colour the white areas? Or usese the ‘select colour range’ thingy and then Hue/saturation/brightness adjustment layer to change the colour.

user-removed
    Free Member

WTF is that?! Looks like Dante’s Inferno seen through beer goggles.

I’m guessing it’s a scanned in drawing – why didn’t you just use a green pencil? Easier to draw whatever it is than spend hours in PS polishing a jobby.

FWIW, I just had a quick shot at it, purely out of interest, and whilst not impossible, if it were mine, I’d outsource it to an Indian fellow and get the job done for £20. Or buy a green pencil.

user-removed
    Free Member

OK – layer > new fill layer, pick the colour of green you want > change blend to ‘overlay’ makes the wavy lines green. Which is a good start, and very simple.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop help/advice’ is closed to new replies.