Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Photoshop experts..
  • bearnecessities

I gather there are a few of you on here…

I don’t like the brickwork and am thinking an off-white colour with some ivy growing up the front.

IF…anyone would give their time to show what options might look like, not only will I be very grateful, I will present a staggeringly mahoosive crate of beer for one that looks most appealing. (I really will, I am a man of my word)

Thanks 🙂

Cougar

This will end well.

crikey
    Free Member

I don’t like the brickwork

It’s a brick house. What were you expecting it to look like?

Drac

Jamie Jamie Jamie

MrsToast MrsToast MrsToast

Bring on the fun.

matt_outandabout

Jamie & mrstoast to the forum, jamie & mrstoast to the forum.

maccruiskeen

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bearnecessities

It’s a brick house. What were you expecting it to look like?

It’s my first house, purchase going through and I think it could look better externally. If I wanted it to wilt as a victim of cynicism and devastating wit, I would have sent you an email 😉

grum
    Free Member

Leffe please.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I see a familiar pattern here. Person asks for help, few light hearted responses, request or gets pissed off so the responses get worse.

Hobnob anyone?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s still a brick house, built out of brick, and is semi-detached which implies that the house next door is also built of brick. In my admittedly unartistic view, I think you may have to find space for a brick built house in your vision of the future.

bearnecessities

Flantastic – Member

I see a familiar pattern here

Well done you! Your comments have won you a piece of carrot up your arse – enjoy.

I love the humour of such threads and and am happy to be a victim of such!

Hopefully though, something useful will come of it as it’s a genuine question.

crikey
    Free Member

Your garden walls are brick as well; no need to thank me.

sc-xc

Is it a semi? If so, it will look daft if it looks different to the house it’s joined to.

EDIT: in the spirit of the original question, fwiw I think that white houses look really ice. Just not when they’re joined to a brick house.

bearnecessities

It’s still a brick house, built out of brick, and is semi-detached which implies that the house next door is also built of brick. In my admittedly unartistic view, I think you may have to find space for a brick built house in your vision of the future.

Have I asked to to render it?

Have I asked you to change the basic structure?

Actually? Can you contribute in any way to my OP?

No? Well that’s weird because you otherwise just sound like a smug dick with nothing much to shout about.

maccruiskeen

It’s still a brick house, built out of brick, and is semi-detached which implies that the house next door is also built of brick. In my admittedly unartistic view,

a totally artistic view – ‘truth to materials’. Very modernist, very Henry Moore.

But for mr necessities – find a photo that shows the house in the context of its neighbours, if you want to see how painting or rendering it will look you really need to see how it looks in its setting.

grum
    Free Member

Where’s my Leffe? 😡

The off-white is there – it’s just behind the ivy.

Drac

fwiw I think that white houses look really ice

I’ll think you find that’s a chest freezer.

crikey
    Free Member

Well that’s weird because you otherwise just sound like a smug dick with nothing much to shout about.

I know a brick house when I see one, son.

a totally artistic view – ‘truth to materials’. Very modernist, very Henry Moore.

I’m thinking more Arts and Crafts movement, Ruskin FTW.

bearnecessities

This is what next door neighbour looks like..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it a semi?

No, it just looks smaller because it’s a bit cold at the moment.

sc-xc

In that case…paint it white.

By the way…what is the story in Balamory?

crikey
    Free Member

Lol.

In that case, thanks for providing us with all the information at the beginning of the thread, oh, you didn’t….

I suspect it won’t make any difference at all given the neighbourhood desire to do whatever they want to.

bearnecessities

In that case, thanks for providing us with all the information at the beginning of the thread, oh, you didn’t….

“Us”? Do you imagine you are someway part of a collective?

Just to clarify, no, you’re not. You’re a little willy.

I was asking for some help from some talented PS folk here, who are unfortunately absent, but that’s life.

What I am left with, is some mocking (which is fine) but also some dregs who think they can wade in and try very very hard to look good by mocking my OP.

I’m not saying you’re dregs of course…

Yak

tada! ( a bit ropey)

crikey
    Free Member

Ok, ok, I apologise.

That’s a real apology, not a false internet knobber apology.

It looks like you would be better asking next door who and how they got the finish they have and having it done yourself to er…carry on the theme or to make it look sensible.

Sorry again, I appreciate this place can be a tough audience, and I didn’t want to annoy you.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Surely it’ll look a lot like next door but with some ivy. For what it’s worth I wouldn’t have ivy anywhere near brickwork unless you’re very sure of the variety and are confident that the brickwork is tip top to begin with.

From the RHS website.

common or English ivy (Hedera helix sp.) supports itself by aerial roots and where these penetrate cracks or joints they may cause structural damage.

Other varieties of Ivy are less destructive but personally I still wouldn’t, it just makes any future maintenance more of a chore than it need be.

bearnecessities

Cheers Yak, I like that! The wall colour is actually bang on! ~Can you tease the ivy to the blank bit though?

bearnecessities

Crikey, accepted thank you. Life’s too short etc 😉

I am worried about the effect of ivy, but it just has that “cottage” effect that I yearn!

Regarding brickwork, the only reason I ask is it will cost a reasonable amount to get repointed and cleaned, and I do fancy that cottage look, so I imagined and off-white with some Ivy would work well. However that was in my head, hence asking here to see if anyone could mock it up!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Without ivy, also a bit ropey

With a little ivy, even ropier.

crikey
    Free Member

No worries fella, my fault.

I’d ask next door, but also ask generally about the upkeep of the rendered surface; how often does it need repainting, how long does it last and so on. Try not to saddle yourself and possible future occupants with an ongoing expense.

Yak

tweaked:

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

it will cost a reasonable amount to get repointed

If it needs repointing then it needs doing, hiding behind a layer of ivy is not a good idea.

Yak

Or maybe Virginia creeper – nice red colour in the autumn…

Yak

hmmm… maybe not – looks a bit fierce 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Get rid of that awful front door to improve the look 900%

Solid wood door will make all the difference. Good wood is what you need.

JoeG
    Free Member

What do I win? 😀

Mantastic
    Free Member

Joe don’t take the piss he will get upset.

ski
    Free Member

Joe’s not far off though 😉

[edit] I would spend more time sorting out the garden, garden wall and drive out before hacking at the brickwork to the property

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s not the brick that makes it look odd – it’s the fact that there’s an enormous expanse of upstairs frontage with no window. If you changed the windows and doors you’d improve it dramatically. Houses of this era tend to be spacious and well built so congrats on picking this instead of a new build.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop experts..’ is closed to new replies.