Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Photoshop effect help please
  • scruff
    Free Member

I have proposed builing floor plan line drawing, I want it to look like an arty farty pencil sketch. I’ve tried applying the sketch filters but it still looks too CAD like with straight lines.
    Using CS3- Any ideas?

binners

Forget filters.

Print it out, crumple it up a bit, so some of the toner starts to come off and smudge, straighten it out and then scan it in. Get it into Photoshop, whack your contrast up to maximum, then take it into Illustrator and Live Trace it

nickjb
    Free Member

I use the ‘graphic pen’ filter than maybe add a ‘photocopy’ filter or the other way round. It’s OK for quick sktechy look but not perfect

LenHankie

Download SketchUp for free ( Which is great to have anyway) and import it into that ( If it’s a dxf/dwg), then put some nice styles on it.

zilog6128

The built-in Photoshop filters are a bit pants TBH. Alien Skin filters are a lot better IMO. There’s one called “crumple” which will do something pretty much exactly as Binners describes – sort of turns it into a slightly wobbly “freehand” looking line drawing (if that’s what you want). It used to be in Xenofex but it’s in Eye Candy 7 now I think. You should be able to download a free trial from their website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop effect help please’ is closed to new replies.