Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Photoshop CS6
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any cheap deals on this at the moment? I know about the “student/educational discount sites but it is bundled with many other products and is still £180 that I just do not have right now.

Is it possible to just buy the Photoshop part on it’s own?

Ian

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Elements depending on what you want of GIMP.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Regular price for photoshop cs6 on its own is around £660. The student and teacher version is around £190. I doubt that new and legal version of the software can be bought much cheaper than that, which leaves either:

A 2nd hand version of possibly an older version.

If you only need it for a short time then use the free months trial version of CS6.

An illegal download version from somewhere for free. I doubt it would be hard to find.

A copy of the CS2 version which can be downloaded for free from Adobe (although legally you shouldn’t be using it unless you’ve previously purchased CS2)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I want/need the full version of Photoshop, what i don’t need is all the bundled stuff that comes with it.

Ian

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Photoshop on its own is £190 (educational) or £660 (commercial).

The full suite is over £2,600 (commercial)

alexxx
    Free Member

the subscription is fairly pricey… if your brassed why not just take a trial out for 30 days?

If you “NEED” it you can afford it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Why do you desperately need photoshop CS6? There might be an alternative solution.

alexxx
    Free Member

cheaper option buy CS2 or some older version? I doubt very much it’d miss the functionality that you need?

soundninjauk

If you’re on Mac then Pixelmator is a significantly cheaper layer based option. It is lacking in more advanced features though.

Or Photoshop Elements?

Cougar
    tinribz
    Free Member

Does it have to be CS6? You can get Photoshop 7 for about 50 squids if you shop around. Bet you couldn’t tell the difference.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

When I say “need”………. I’ve been really impressed with two of the new tools in CS6, the Blur Panel and the HDR panel that I have used in the trial version. The problem is that I can’t afford to purchase it right now, so wondered if it was available at a bargain price anywhere.

Ian

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

so wondered if it was available at a bargain price anywhere.

No, Adobe control prices fairly tightly.

Unless you can find a version 2nd hand, the best i would expect you to find would be up to 10% saving on the above prices. Anything more than that and I would start to think that it was dodgy.

MrSmith
    Free Member

If you want it that bad rent it from adobe or find another HDR application, there’s loads out there that you can demo.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Keep on getting free trial versions?

damo2576
    Free Member

If its just photo work try Aperture?

ampthill

Google plugins for hdr and adding blur. They may well be free and plugins are compatible with lots of versions of photoshop

elliott-20
    Free Member

The HDR Panel and Blur panel are nothing that couldn’t already be created in photoshop, they just packed them for efficiency.

Play around with adjustment layers etc. and experiment with filters/effects and you’ll soon discover how to do it. I’m pretty sure they be a tutorial or two out there.

It’ll make you better in PS too. 🙂

Pete
    Free Member

You can get free versions of their older CS2 software from Adobe here

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

d45yth
    Free Member

Photomatix is better than Photoshop for HDR

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop CS6’ is closed to new replies.