Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 7,419 total)
  • Photos you have taken in the last month of which you are proud?
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

a few of my faves

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4514866775_a8c5d8d3fe_b.jpg[/img]

grumm
    Free Member

Could you see anything through the viewfinder….

It's ok in bright light – you can focus and compose etc fine with it on. My camera also makes a pretty good job of judging the exposure correctly with it on as well.

doug_basqueMTB.com

This thread must be the best in ages! I'll try not to mess it up too much…

Grumm, you must be upping GF1 sales all by yourself, you should ask them for sponsorship (not that it's just down to the camera!)

I'm not 100% happy with the stitch but don't know what I did wrong, any help would be fantastic!

BigCol
    Free Member

Sailing on the broads yesterday – was in a bit of a precarious position to take these!!

grumm
    Free Member

Love the last one with the crashing waves doug

Got up early this morning…

Bigger one here

Bigger version

robgarrioch

Sunset over the Hebrides, last Saturday…

(photopage)

big_scot_nanny

Love the top one grum. Cracker.

Rob, stunning westerly shot, miss those from when I lived in Gourock! (Sunset over sea/hills a bit lacking in Switzerland!).

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Wow – this thread is still going! Some brilliant recent additions as well.

Here's a few from the last couple of days:

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers big_scot_nanny.

Robgarrioch – superb pic. I was up there a few weeks ago but there was never any sunsets like that!

V nice flowers pic stuartie_c

Gonna post another meerkat shot just cos they are ace 🙂

.duncan
    Free Member

quite a few nice pics so far… i'll add a few

quite an eclectic bunch.

scotia
    Free Member

grum, fantastic two there..

Rob, stunning westerly shot, miss those from when I lived in Gourock! (Sunset over sea/hills a bit lacking in Switzerland!).

if you live close to lac leman you can get sun over the lake…not the same i know but..

and as for sun over the hills..well you cant be in the same part of switzerland that i am! (where are you?)

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Taken just over a month ago, now furnishes my dining room wall!!

robgarrioch

Thanks for nice comments guys – no technical skill involved, just right-place, right-time luck.
    For your interest, another taken that morning, facing east, not very far from the same spot…

(photopage)

crewlie

Seeing as this is still running I'll add a few.

big_scot_nanny

scotia – Member
    grum, fantastic two there..

if you live close to lac leman you can get sun over the lake…not the same i know but..

and as for sun over the hills..well you cant be in the same part of switzerland that i am! (where are you?)

Aye OK, hills: yes. Sea: no! I'm in Basel, NW Schweiz (the Swindon of Switzerland), but even in the alps, whilst undoubtedly spectacular, there is just not the same light as a sunset over Argyll. Where are you Scotia?

big_scot_nanny

OOh, and by the way .duncan, love the remote flash into the umbrella shot. Looks like a marketing shot for a magazine cover. Are any of these stock shots or are you pro? It's brill! In fact, your top 3 are fab.
    Kev

will
    Free Member

Crewlie – Nice car 😉

Love the last shot as well!

Creg

Some of these are just amazing, Im insanely jealous of you all.

This one isnt anywhere near the high standard already set but Im posting it anyway because it makes me smile so much

My cat Moo

manitou
    Free Member

hamilton loomis Texan guitar god.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Weekend over in Snowdonia

Kuco

I really like that bottom one Matt-P.

PePPeR

Its quite funny that I read Talkphotography and end up finding much better photographs over here! Does it mean mountainbikers are out there with their cameras more often than some other people?

Taken with an Old Nikon F5 with a 85mm f1.8 lens! Great camera shame its soo heavy!

slugwash
    Free Member

Mainly been shooting 'em from the 'cockpit' whilst on the move……

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4491045432_ca7108e290.jpg[/img]

.duncan
    Free Member

OOh, and by the way .duncan, love the remote flash into the umbrella shot. Looks like a marketing shot for a magazine cover. Are any of these stock shots or are you pro? It's brill! In fact, your top 3 are fab.
    Kev

they're all mine, and i'm no pro 😉 just teenager looking to do maths at uni.

amodicumofgnar

Stuff finally going places after the snow melted and also alot of my helicoptering pics were getting kind of boring in a samey way.

Swalsey
    Free Member

My 2p 🙂

With a point and shoot hand-held 🙂

will
    Free Member

Matt – That last one is very nice!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

Agree about .duncan's pics – very professional looking

And Matt P's last one is a cracker.

mangoridebike

Some amazing photos on here, very inspirational. here's one of my faves from recently

spacehopper

A couple from a few days away in the sun last week.. 🙂

and this one was taken by my other half.. one of my fave pics ever! 🙂

scotia
    Free Member

big_scot_nanny: Lausanne..got the lake, and mountains…i live in Echallens, so often have sunset over the jura, v nice..

shame my skills are well below par..otherwise i'd have some to show here!

mossimus
    Free Member

One shot on the commute home last night

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Three_Fish – love that second macro.

Here's another just to keep things ticking along:

ononeorange

Excellent thread.

How do you do those ones that are B&W but just have one focal point in colour? (Like the brilliant chain link one on page 1)??

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You need to create a layer using Photoshop (or similar). Using a selection tool like the magic wand, select all the pixels you want (like all the gold-coloured pixels in the chain example). This takes a bit of patience and some tweaking of the settings to get it just so. You then create a new layer with the selected pixels, de-saturate the background layer and you end up with something like this:

That one is a bit crude because the selection is quite rough – I got bored.

grumm
    Free Member

Also, if the thing you want to highlight is the only thing of that colour in the pic, you might be able to just desaturate all the other colours.

grumm
    Free Member

Here's another 10 stop filter shot from me – just to keep things ticking along 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Come on people!

robgarrioch

Was kinda pleased with this one from 2 nights ago, purely from subject p.o.v. – crappy phone-camera though –

(photopage)

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 7,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.