Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 7,419 total)
  • Photos you have taken in the last month of which you are proud?
  • DrP

Some of my ‘photo a day’ set:

DrP

big_scot_nanny

IA, that is fabulous, really excellent. Yurs, and the stuff by the chap in brighten from earlier in the thread are really spectacular. lot’s of great photos, but for some reason the time laps videos just really work for me.

If you want ot show a photo, you’d print it the appropriate size and hAng it on the wall, wonder what the best ‘display’ medium would be for the time lapse stuff? Big dark room with a projector and excellent sound system for each video?

theginjaninja
    Free Member
    Denis99
    Free Member

BoardinBob

DrP

Taken early this morning..

To my eye, looks like the HDR edits, but isn’t!

DrP

IA

Oops, not checked this in a while.

big_scot_nanny, thanks for the kind words 🙂

jemima, the images are compiled into quicktime reference movies with quicktime 7 (quick how-to on my blog here: http://doitdifferent.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/lapsed/ ) and then edited together with iMovie. iMovie’s not great for it, as you’re limited to 24/30 fps output. 60 or 50fps would be nice for some effects – some of the clips in that video have frames cut from them for that reason, which is a bit of a shame, smoother motion would be nice.

In windows, I think Virtualdub will compile image sequences into movies for you. An issue is timelapse doesn’t compress well in most video formats, as there’s a comparatively large difference between each frame. So save with ideally something with no/little compression (MJPEG could be a good choice, or quicktime reference files as I do).

Oh, and music can really make or break time lapses IMO. A good source of permissively licensed work is http://www.musopen.org, http://soundcloud.com/creativecommons (to search for CC licensed work) and http://www.mobygratis.com.

bfw

last summer but I love it 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

A few here from last Jan as I slowly work my way though my harddisk…

I’m particularly liking Rocketdog’s rider shot and purplebag by ginjaninja. Ewan’s are brilliant too!

On the way to Scout Road Chippy? by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Pony at sunset by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Lone moss by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Pony in the field by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Moss and a droplet by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

Stonewalled by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

grumm
    Free Member

_MG_1564_5_6 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

IMG_1438 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

_MG_1605_6_7 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

zokes
    Free Member

Is that in the Lancaster Brewery, Grumm?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Finally got my Astrotrac working tonight and for a first photo of the Orion Nebular Im pretty happy with this… (brand new to astrophotography, something a little different!)

zokes
    Free Member

Now that IS cool…

float
    Free Member

taken on my phone camera earlier today and thought it looked quite nice. reminds me of summer sun, but bloody hell it was cold 😆

grumm
    Free Member

zokes – yup. Was originally Yates and Jackson brewery, then Mitchell’s – stopped brewing in 1999.

charlierevell – that is very cool – roughly how much are we talking to get a setup that can do stuff like that?

taka
    Free Member

wish i could take pictures like some of them

Kunstler

I got my son a little point and snap camera for his birthday and he took this shot at Loch Lubnaig just before new years eve.

redthunder
    Free Member

@Kunstler Jnr

Great piccy. Tops

geminafantasy
    Free Member

🙂

charlierevell
    Free Member

Grumm- Thought it would be something a little different!
    If it stays clear Im going to head up to the hills and try some darker shots of a few more subjects!

As long as you have an SLR then it’ll cost you about £8-900
    You’ll need an Astrotrac (search google for it) They do a holiday kit based on a manfrotto tripod, geared head and ball head.
    Works very well, and that was my first ever attempt at doing it.

You can get them off a normal tripod, but you’ll only get 2-3second shots before they blur. You can take loads of them and put them together in deep sky stacker. You’d lack some details from what I’ve found tho.

Have a look at the astrotrac website for what can be done… they’re much better than mine!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Charlie,

I’m wanting to try some astrophotography this year but I’m pretty clueless. So far I’ve managed this not-very-impressive effort:

The Dogs follow the Hunter. by stuartie_c, on Flickr

Recently acquired a 130mm reflector telescope and already have an SLR so I think I just need a t-mount to put both of them together. The telescope has built in tracking motors but it’s an alt/azi mount rather than equitorial so I’m not sure if it’ll work for proper long exposures (field rotation or something?).

I reckon the stack of short exposures and clever software route is the way to go to minimise noise – my SLR isn’t too clever with exposures longer than 30 seconds (lots of hot-pixels on the sensor it seems).

What are you using as a “lens”?

theginjaninja
    Free Member
    _tom_
    Free Member

Took this’un at Woburn today, looked better in black & white due to using my compact which doesn’t bring out colours very nicely.

Denis99
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

I remember standing in a queue in the photography shop waiting for pics that were getting developed and the guy in front of me opened up the envelope with his pics as he waited for the payment to go through and i couldnt help but notice his amazing pics of the moon (i recon he was showing them off as much as i was being a nosey bazza) I asked him what he was using and he said he wangled his old slr onto a telescope.He did say that there was a bit of butchery and said to not use my best kit if i was planning on trying it but the pics were amazing.tons of detail.

spacehopper

_tom_
    Free Member

Took this today, first nice looking day we’ve had for a while!

Ewan
    Free Member

Couple from the honey moon I uploaded yesterday…

IMG_1536.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

This one makes me laugh – Hearst Castle – A truley classy place…

IMG_1576.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

asherh
    Free Member

first attempt at car light trails.. not as successful as i’d hoped but I did get this one with some nice 14 point light bursts

redthunder
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

charlierevell
    Free Member

Stuartie-C…

Go to Firstlightoptics and they’ll sort your Tmounts out, have been getting some made themselves. Your Alt Az should be ok, but not brilliant. I started mine fixed at about 2 seconds, then got the astrotrac and jumped to 2 mins!

Im just using a nikon 180mm F2.8

CountZero

Andy, Tom, love the stair and mono tree shots.
    Here’s three I took in London yesterday I’m quite pleased with, and one of them has a touch of plagiarism about it:

All taken with the iPhone, I had a bag full of books I was getting signed, I didn’t want to carry any extra weight around all day.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

I recognise one of those 🙂

Farrago
    Free Member

Sunset by the.farrago, on Flickr

Sunset by the.farrago, on Flickr

Ok so the sunset did all the hard work for me 😉 Not easy shooting from a train – trees kept getting in the way!

damo2576
    Free Member

damo2576
    Free Member

manitou
    Free Member

Sam Hare playing at Alley Cat Bar in W1
    //www.flickr.com/photos/beaconrun/5413624432/[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 7,419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.