Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Photos of my new Jones
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Pitch/Leith/Holmsbury? I hope to get there tomorrow (depends on roads/snow) if I see you I'll ay 'Hi', I like the Jones bikes, or the frame at least….not totally sold on the trus fork but love the frames….maybe when I get my promotion….. 🙂
    Neil

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I have to catch 3 trains to get to Leith Hill – so I'll wait for better weather!!! Hope you had a good ride today. I went for a short local ride – snow was drifting in 30mph winds – not much fun – and I forgot to put the memory card in the camera DOH!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Blimey that was hardwork! took 1.15 to cycle to the Leith Tower from westcott!
    Here's a couple of pics from the top, and my own rigid single speed, not quite a Jones 🙂 The mahoosive 2.4 motoraptor on the front still struggled for gip. Hope the endomporph helped you
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/15458377@N00/4260251282/in/photostream/
    DSC00061

Chainline
    Free Member

Futon,

That 464g maxxis tube is 400 odd grams less than the Surley tube!!!!!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I've just spoken to Jeff Jones about innertubes for the Endo – he uses 2.1" Maxxis superlights !!!! They weigh 99g – he says it works. He casually mentioned he'd had one in there for 3 months before it exploded – so not an ideal solution! But a great way to loose nearly a pound in weight.

Do you use rimtape? I thought you wouldn't need it – as the pressure is so low that the tube does not touch the cutouts in the rim, or the spoke nipples – forgot to ask Jeff about it. My LBS said I'd need one and gave me an old 20" tube which I've cut down and it fits well.

Napalm
    Free Member

Futon,

Hello, I'm guessing that you're the Jones rider I saw on the cycle path heading towards the knackered pier in Brighton last Wednesday (yellow jacket).

I'm a Brighton based Jones owner – fancy meeting up sometime?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

That was me.

Any ideas for a ride?

singlespeedstu

futon.
    If Napalp's half as twisted as his brother I'd be carefull. 😯

Napalm
    Free Member

Futon – glad that cleared that up, it did make me wonder.
    Would you send me an Email (address in profile) and we'll get the ball rolling.

Stu – I have 2 brothers, both are a little (ahem) 'eccentric', which one do you know?

singlespeedstu

Stu – I have 2 brothers, both are a little (ahem) 'eccentric', which one do you know?

That'd be Dunk…….

Napalm
    Free Member

Then twisted it is; and not averse to a bit of the old ultraviolence too.
    Last saw him in New York over Christmas having a ball despite not having a clue how to get from A to B despite an easy to read grid system.
    Not seen on a bike much these days; unure if he still has the Marin B17(?).

singlespeedstu

I've not seen him for a while now.

Think he's too busy trying to be a rockstar. 😉

I do remember him attacking the swingarm on the Marin with a hammer once when the rear brake wouldn't work. And and there was that insident when he…. No I best not mention that one. 😯

singlespeedstu

Here you go this was about the last time he rode an MTB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76GIwbwXRY

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Photos of my new Jones’ is closed to new replies.