Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Photograph of a bike thief
  • wwaswas

been stealing bikes from a number of shops, I believe.

keep ’em peeled.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This could be interesting.

Location details?

jedi

been seen around london. its all over twitter etc…

wwaswas

From Bikebiz appearances in Leatherhead, Cambridge, Surrey, St.Albans and Cheltenham all confirmed to BikeBiz. Largely the scammer’s target range is £2,000 to £4,000 road rigs. He’s taken a keen interest in the following bikes to date: Trek Madone 4.7 2012 58, Giant Advanced SL 3 Medium, Trek Madone 4.3, Specialized Roubaix.

Jaz1979
    Free Member

the last comment i saw on this was from Ben Hayward Cycles

http://www.benhaywardcycles.co.uk/news/pg/article==130

soma_rich
    Free Member

Blimey not your stereotypical chav bike thief. Has he actually taken any bikes then?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bizaaaare – they have his name and where he works?? why do they need anything else to go and arrest him? also how has he stolen them? just walked out with a 4k bike?!?!?!?!

jedi

its a false id

druidh
    Free Member

Dad!!!!

wwaswas

Dad!!!!

Oh, the shame.

soma_rich
    Free Member

How did he fake a police ID?

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d guess a test ride or something. Leave ID, dodgy credit card and off you go.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh yeah fake id makes sense – but what does the ‘has customers names’ bit mean??

markyfm
    Free Member

It seems strange they have such a high quality photo of him. Normally cctv type pictures are all grainy.

It also seems to be a bit early and direct, to be putting up pictures of people accusing them of theft.

wwaswas

markyfm – on bikebiz they’ve get the picture ‘trade only’ but given that he seems to be targetting private sellers a bit as well it probably deserves a wider audience.

Given the number of shops involved I don’t think that showing his face is ‘a bit early’

Stoner
    Free Member

It seems strange they have such a high quality photo of him

dont some shops take photos of people before they go out on demos for just this reason?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

yes they do.

CAPTION TIME 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

druidh was more than pleased with the Christmas presnt his dad got him!

😉

mr_mills
    Free Member

He’s probably wearing a Scooby-doo villain style disguise for the photo. I know I would.

LoCo
    Free Member

He’s probably wearing a Scooby-doo villain style disguise for the photo. I know I would.

‘If it hadn’t been for you pesky STW ers! 👿 ‘

mr_mills
    Free Member

Hijack: LoCo can you see if you’ve got an e-mail from me that I sent a couple of weeks ago, re RP23. You may have missed it. If so I’ll send it again!

elzorillo
    Free Member

There’s a guy looks very much like that comes to my business premises once in a while.. Very well spoken chap selling pin badges for some charity providing education for children in Indonesia.

Sorry, but one of my pet hates is people turning up on your doorstep supposedly collecting for some charity or other that you’ve never heard or.

The conversation always takes the same path.. I question him on the validity of the charity.. he points me to a website (usually a one page effort with no contact) then makes a quick getaway with a promise to call back later…. Check on charities website shows that charity posted takings of about £100 in the last accounts.

I then forget about it till next time he comes.

davidrussell
    Free Member

it must be fake, he’s wearing a polo shirt under a hoody FFS.

LoCo
    Free Member

mr_mills can you resend it please it’s not arrived with me and not in a the junk folder either, what was it in reference to?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

From another forum…

The Saturday lad bless his cotton socks let one of the demo fleet out for a spin around the block without the punter leaving any ID/deposit as he flashed a police warrant card…
    So on the off chance that anyone see a 2012 red Specialized Roubaix Expert Testbike (56cm)(spec brand them up with test bike logos) Any info would be appreciated…

wrecker
    Free Member

AHHHH!
    It’s an ADIDAS hoody!!!
    CHAV11111

molgrips
    Free Member

I took a road bike on a test ride from Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham a long time ago. A bike shop guy came with me. I had no intention of stealing the bike but I was rather tempted to try and drop him to see what would happen 🙂

smell_it
    Free Member

It’s odd, he looks like what imagine most stw’ers look like, only less angry. Let’s hope spreading the photo helps stop further crimes and see’s him nicked

Aidy
    Free Member

I took a road bike on a test ride from Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham a long time ago. A bike shop guy came with me. I had no intention of stealing the bike but I was rather tempted to try and drop him to see what would happen

Obviously if you couldn’t drop him, you wouldn’t buy the bike as it wasn’t fast enough 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

face mask? 😆 his clothing doesnt match his face, you can see by looks alone (other than the clothes) how they have been fooled

any accent or anything to go on?

he really does look like the average STW’er indeed.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what does this bit mean on the shops website?

‘good id and names of customers’

obviously fake id, but names of customers??!!?! does this imply he knows customers details or knows of people who go the shop?

very very bizarre!

mr_mills
    Free Member

Is this picture not with the relevant police forces / local newspapers? They put this sort of thing on their websites so people can identify them.

Harry_the_Spider

I guess the drag act just isn’t paying what it used to.

deetec
    Free Member

The new Police Facial recognition software will spit out a name within seconds with that sort of quality photo, shouldn’t take long to get the thieving scum.

belugabob
    Free Member

I took a road bike on a test ride from Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham a long time ago. A bike shop guy came with me. I had no intention of stealing the bike but I was rather tempted to try and drop him to see what would happen

You should have – then got back to the shop before him and waited for him to show up with a panicked look on his face.

wallace1492
    Free Member

The new Police Facial recognition software will spit out a name within seconds with that sort of quality photo, shouldn’t take long to get the thieving scum.

Surely only if they have him on file?

z1ppy

Wallace, I was going to make some facetious remark about us all being on file, but then realised if they had access to the DVLA photo files and the passport office, they actually probably do…

wallace1492
    Free Member

Possibly Z1ppy, but I don’t have a photo driving license (OK have a passport) however, I do not think the Police have access to these databases or photo’s.

Could be wrong……

Goz
    Free Member

bump

ski
    Free Member

He looks kind of familiar..

Has he targeted any bike shops in the Cheltenham area?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Photograph of a bike thief’ is closed to new replies.