Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Photobucket – Under new management & less expensive
  • JoeG
    Free Member

BLUF – I got an email this evening that says Photobucket’s subscription price is temporarily $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year. Only gripe is that it will rise to $2.49 per month and $26.99 per year on May 22 (not much time, even where I’m at in the US!)

http://photobucket.com/beginner-plan/?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:13394516&utm_campaign=2018-05-21%2013933%20Changes%20100K

and

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004314254?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:13394516&utm_campaign=2018-05-21%2013933%20Changes%20100K

That price is a lot more reasonable than the previous pricing!

weeksy

If they’d done that at the start, i’d still be a customer.

DezB
    Free Member

I wouldn’t when I can get postimages.org etc for free.

globalti
    Free Member

I gave up months ago when it got slower and slower.

Who’s got my holiday snaps?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Nope they can go **** themselves ..robbing thieving bastards

stumpy01

Meh. Website was virtually unusable with all the ads before they started charging. Then came the ridiculous cost of a subscription.

I’ve just created an ‘internet upload dump’ on Flickr & use that.

Won’t be going back to photobucket!

CHB

I relented and just rejoined. I have too many forum posts in various sites that were killed by the previous management approach. $20 a year is OK in my book and I can confirm the adverts are gone and all my old links in forums now display images in all their glory.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Apparently they got a new CEO who didn’t like the images that were made last year so have reversed them.

CHB

Working?

Northwind

Yup.

I feel like this change is going to be good enough for a lot of people with a lot of trapped photobucket content to buy it. But it’s not going to be enough to re-establish photobucket as a good option, or to draw in many new customers, or to fix all the damage they’ve done across the web…

I’m (ab)using imgur now. The only real issue is that sometimes someone posts a cat picture so powerful, it destroys all their servers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Photobucket – Under new management & less expensive’ is closed to new replies.