Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Photo printed on canvas triptych – where?
  • MrSparkle

I would like to get a photo printed on canvas for our living room BUT I’d like a triptych with two smaller frames either side of a larger one. After a lot of googling I found somewhere that did exactly what I wanted. Then checked a review to find out that despite being a .co.uk they were actually based in China, the quality wasn’t that good and I’d get stung for tax. Super. So, does anyone know where I could get this done in the UK? https://postimg.cc/bZ8D0mqL

zilog6128

Prepare the artwork yourself in Photoshop etc and just treat the order as 3 separate canvases.

Or any local digital printing place will probably be able to print the canvases for you, then you can take to a local framers. This is gonna cost £££ though compared to an online place – but obviously the local places will be much more flexible!

binners

Find yourself a local printer that does large format digital print. A signage place will be your best bet.

I do a lot of large format digital print on to paper, vinyl, canvas etc. It all goes through the same printer.

For a top quality job I use fellow mountain biker and all round top bloke Andre at Signprint Design

He’ll be able to sort you out

tomski
    Free Member

These guys are great:

http://www.amc-photographics.com

MrSparkle

Thanks all. 👍

Cougar

A mate of mine does this. You’d surely need the source photo though, not some thumbnail on a hosting site.

https://www.facebook.com/creativeprintco

Tell him I sent you. He’s a top bloke, I’ve known him for 30 years.

binners

D’oh! I answered the question without looking at who it was who asked it.

Are we getting this one done at the same time? 😉

Mate, message me. I get trade prices for print. I’ll get it sorted for you. I can sort setting your artwork up for print and I’m sending a print run in the next couple of days

lesgrandepotato

I like that running image. Sort of has a tones of a giant greggs based landscape.

MrSparkle

Thanks again everyone.
    Binners – that one was for work and has gone for a Burton, sadly. I’ll drop you a line.
    lesgrandpotato – it’s an image that Binners created for a print I was going to get done to commemorate me doing the Joss Naylor Challenge a few years ago. Background is Great Gable. The idea was to do it in club colours of yellow and black.
    Cougar – It’s my photo, I just dropped it into that site to illustrate how I wanted the frames.
    Damian – thanks for DM.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I don’t understand why you would want to put a photo on a canvas, it’ll make the photo look worse, just have it printed maybe as a giclee print so it has a high quality finish but a decent print life as well. Then get some quality frames or mount them on board.
    I can recommend a printer to do giclee prints.

MrSparkle

Each to their own. We have several images on canvas already and have had good results with them.

leffeboy

That running print is lovely

zilog6128

I can recommend a printer to do giclee prints.

they are having you over then, it’s just a buzzword and doesn’t actually mean anything! Always sets off my bullshitometer 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Photo printed on canvas triptych – where?’ is closed to new replies.