Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • photo organising/manipulating software?
  • Del

been using the freebie jasc stuf on our old dell, but having bought meself one 'o they netbook things i need to copy the photos over and have some way of organising them, and doing a small amount of editing – cropping, rotating, etc. nothing fancy. if a photo is bobbins it get's binned unless it's required for sentimental reasons. 🙂
    paintshop pro? have heard of picasa and had a very brief look – any good?
    suggestions and recommendations please. oh yeah – needs to be free or very close to.
    ta muchly.

grumm
    Free Member

picasa is pretty good imo.

Stoner
    Free Member

second picasa.

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup I would go for picasa as it sounds like it fits your needs – Windows live image gallery also similar and also free – GIMP is a clone of earlier versions of photoshop if your interested!

redthunder
    Free Member

Picasa
    Paint.net or Photoshop
    Zooomr or Flickr

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Picasa is the best photo organising software I use.

A bit limited on manipulation but the "I'm feeling Lucky" button if far better then it sounds and brightens up most photos quite well.

Picasa is free too. 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

somebody on here kindly posted a link to paint shop pro recently. I can't remember where it was, search the forums?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Get a Mac and try Aperture. It's worth buying a Mac for if you're serious about photography. It has some similar features to Picasa though – such as non-destructive editing, so that's a good choice if you don't want to splash on a new computer 🙂

Del

picasa it is then. thanks very much fellas.
    Mac? **** MAC?! are you being intentionally obtrusive?
    'bought meself one 'o they netbook things'
    😆
    thanks anyway!

grumm
    Free Member

If you had a Mac then you would already have iPhoto and not be looking for anything else. 😛

Del

yeah, yeah, but using pcs i've had access to mapping software for 5 years, and i'm not some sort of metrosexual designer type… 😀

tomzo
    Free Member

I must say iPhoto is a fantastic piece of software. Windows really lacks a comparable one-microsoft or otherwise.

tomzo
    Free Member

I must say iPhoto is a fantastic piece of software. Windows really lacks a comparable one-microsoft or otherwise.

tomzo
    Free Member

tomzo
    Free Member

billybob
    Free Member

No matter how many times you say it tomzo, I still prefer picasa over iphoto…

HTTP404
    Free Member

Others to consider are irfanview and photoshop elements.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I prefer DPP (Digital Photo Professional) that came with my DSLR but can be downloaded for free from Canon websites around the internetisphere.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘photo organising/manipulating software?’ is closed to new replies.