Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?
  • gottapickapenny
    Free Member

Started a couple of days ago…..

See here

http://adayatatime-lardy.blogspot.co.uk/

Quite tough to do one a day every day!

Murr
    Free Member

Here is a couple from my ride today. Breaking the rules with 2 photos but Im new to this. Hope it works.

Sun Setting Over Loch Leven by Paul Murray2, on Flickr

Sheep munching cabbage. by Paul Murray2, on Flickr

Murr
    Free Member

sorry stuartie am a wee bit early with photos .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Murr, are you mcmoonters mate who was on the STW Clova ride a few years back? With Gary Beall as well?.

I’m in too, found my camera, it’ll be going out on a wee road ride tomorrow in rural ayrshire.

Murr
    Free Member

yes that’s me how u doing? should try and get another weekend trip some time again it could even be a road bike some great routes in Perthshire or wherever any way hope you have a good new year look forward to looking at the photos.

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ll be beginning this again tomorrow after one successful year (2010) and two faltering starts (2011 & 2012). Probably mainly convenient instagram & smartphone piccies as I seem to have difficulty motivating myself to upload anything from an SD card these days 😕

365 Flickr Set – Slugwash

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, hope yer well Paul!. Aye, need to get a stw weekend going again, march or April sound good? Been keeping any eye on Gary’s results, he’s flying these days, tell him I’m asking for him.

mangoridebike

Can you use a phone camera ? Or does it have to be a proper one?

Also do the photos have to be uploaded on the day or do they just have to be taken each day?

rOcKeTdOg

upload when you want, just make sure they are taken one a day, camera, phone, cardboard pin hole, anything goes

mangoridebike

Cool, v tempted by this, will be good to force me to record a bit more of what happens

forge197
    Free Member

I am going to try this but think I will do stealth and see what my pictures are like and if I remember 🙂

thv3
    Free Member

Aye, go on then, I think it’ll be a good idea to spur me on to take more photographs.

CountZero

Nice idea, but I can’t even do it with Bliphoto, cameras and phones are prohibited at work, and taking a photo going to work and coming home would be very tedious, and I don’t go out much in the evenings. Great for people who are out and about during the day, though.
    I wish I was… 🙁

matt_outandabout

Gwahn then.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Looks like the numbers may swell again this year!

I have done 2010, 2011 and 2012 and am going to keep going. This year saw far too many snap shots of my two wee boys, the cats and the dog so I need to try and get some more interesting stuff for 2013… it would be nice if life and the weather were on my side this time!

My attempts thus far…

The reason I love the project is that it just maps life – which for me has been mental over the last 3 years with so many changes that it is good to look back and be reminded of everything that has happened.

Now… what should I do for my first photo of 2013. I may still get out on the bike – but after a late night and an enforced early start due to “Number 1 Son” I am slightly less convinced and may leave it until tomorrow 😉

trout
    Free Member

would it be possible to have a daily photo thread on here then we can all see whats happening

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve requested to join so I’m in.

grahamh
    Free Member

Went out for a ride with all the intention of getting some good photos for day one. Then once I found a suitable subject to photograph I discovered that the battery in my camera was flat 😳

spooky_b329

So, an idiot question…

I’ve joined the group.

How does it work? How do I choose which photo goes into the group? I presume when I upload 10 photos from a holiday that they won’t all show in the group…

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Graham – I have lost count of how many times that has happend to me!

Muke
    Free Member

Sounds like a good challenge so I’ve requested to join the 365 group 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

spooky_b329 – Member

So, an idiot question…

I’ve joined the group.

How does it work? How do I choose which photo goes into the group? I presume when I upload 10 photos from a holiday that they won’t all show in the group…

You take one photo every day and post that up on the group, you can take hundreds of shots that day but only the one that YOU think is best from that day can be posted up, no cheating as they are date stamped.

You can take a shot a day while on a holiday (or if your too busy to do it every evening) and post the shot a day up when you return in bulk.

Trekster

Just added my first 🙂

Pig by the river by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

What I have done is create my own 2013 group on my Flickr account.
    You should have the stw group listed in “groups you belong to”
    Select the stw group, click add.
    You then get to select what photo you want to add to the stw group.

If I can do it anyone can 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

tempted, can I clarify the ruleage, do they have to be posted every day, or can I take them daily and post when I get round to it?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Brilliant response guys!

The old hands will need to keep us newbies motivated. I’m away out for a New Year’s Day daunder up a wee hill to get started.

@Greg & @Paul:

yes that’s me how u doing? should try and get another weekend trip some time again it could even be a road bike some great routes in Perthshire or wherever any way hope you have a good new year look forward to looking at the photos.

Road ride would be excellent – lots of great routes around here as Paul says.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

tempted, can I clarify the ruleage, do they have to be posted every day, or can I take them daily and post when I get round to it?

You can post at your convenience but you must TAKE one photo every day for the whole year. You can take more than one, obviously, but only one gets posted to the group. You might decide to post all 7 for a week on a Sunday, for instance.

Trekster

Last one I did was organised by Sanny, riding out of Pitlochry and just by coincidence I came across a photie of the group yesterday. Will try scanning but not a great pic…..
    His idea of an “easy Sunday” ride turned into a 50ml hill ride and darkness before we got back!! Nice warm up, beer and food at the Blair Atholl hotel with Peter Laing and others whilst Sanny rounded up and kept the stragglers motivated and pedalling 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think I can commit to at least have go at that since I have one of them there smart phones now…

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I tried and failed miserably a few years ago ( 2010 ? ) so I’ll give it another bash …

At least I got todays photo OK

So lets see how long I can keep going

DrT
    Free Member

Great response to this thread Stuartie_C, lots of people taking up the challenge for 2013. Good luck to you all, looking forward to seeing some of your year in pictures 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve requested

ski
    Free Member

I have put a request in too

Tried to do this a few years back using polaroids, without giving it much thought, got a tad expensive 😉

Murr
    Free Member

Heres ma picture from todays walk over Benarty.

Ochil Hills from Benarty by Paul Murray2, on Flickr

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Up on Cadair Bronwen this afternoon. At 2500ft just too cold for words…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m in, request sent.

I’ve got a good enough phone camera to have a stab at it now 🙂

spooky_b329

Thanks for the help, however;

I use the Uploadr app on PC and my Android phone to upload pics to Flickr. Can I set my account so I can add a tag or select a set at the point of upload, rather than needing to upload and then remember to log in to Flickr later on to submit that photo to the group?

i.e. I want to upload a photo and by tagging it STW or adding it to my STW set, it would automatically be submitted to the group.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Day 1:

1/365 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

I’m not intending posting any more of my pics in here – they’ll all go in the Flickr group.

clubber
    Free Member

mine. just to make the point that it isn’t just for **** arty types 😉 (ie mine will be rubbish)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

i.e. I want to upload a photo and by tagging it STW or adding it to my STW set, it would automatically be submitted to the group.

No. You need to explicitly add it to the group, as follows:

Click on the photo once to take you to the photo page (ie so that it is displayed on its own)
    Click on the “Actions” menu at the top left of the photo
    Choose “Add to/remove from group”
    Find the “One Photo a Day 365” group and click to add to it.

spooky_b329

OK, thanks Stuartie

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Photo a day, 2013 – who's in?’ is closed to new replies.