Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Phone help please
  • timbur
    Free Member

Morning,
    Can someone point me in the direction of a cheap mobile phone that will talk with iTunes and be able to download the podcasts from it (iTunes) on to it (the mobile) if you see what I mean.
    It’s for the Mrs so easy to use without excess techno fluff would be ideal :O)
    Please don’t tell me to not to use iTunes, we have it set up and can make it do what we need/want.
    Cheers
    Tim

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Gotta be a cheap iPhone, nothing else makes any sense with what you say!

dannybgoode

Both Android and Windows Phone 8 will talk to iTunes but need apps to help them so a little more complicated than just using an iPhone.

If you can live with that then my suggestion would be the Nokia Lumia 520 (around £120 on PAYG). Runs very smoothly for a lower spec phone and can take a memory card to boost the storage (important if you want to store lots of music on it0.

An idea of how to use iTunes with it here

Why Windows Phone over Android – simple, at that price point Android phones can struggle performancewise to run smoothly. The cheaper Nokia’s running WP8 do not suffer from this.

Cheers

Danny B

Cletus

There are programs available that allow you to transfer content from iTunes to Android phones – see the article below:

Can I Sync iTunes With My Android? Three Sync Apps, Compared

tbh in your situation I would go for a separate iPod for music and podcasts and just get a basic Android or MS phone for calls/text/Internetting.

I still use iPods (Classic and Nano) for stored music rather than my Galaxy Note 2 – Nano is great for biking and running. I am starting to use Google Play Music alot on the Galaxy – streaming is the future (once full coverage is available)

timbur
    Free Member

Thanks techno guys.
    I know what I need to do now 😀
    Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Phone help please’ is closed to new replies.