Phone damaged in transit to purchaser – they want reduced price

Home Forum Chat Forum Phone damaged in transit to purchaser – they want reduced price

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Phone damaged in transit to purchaser – they want reduced price
  • Pieface

I was offered a price for a phone using the O2 recycle service and posted using their packaging.

They are now saying that they have received the phone and that they are gong to offer me a reduced price due to screen damage.

I have no evidence that the phone was in pristine condition before I posted it but if their is any damage it will be have been damaged in transit.

They offered me £47.50 and want to reduce the price to £9.50. Hardly a hill of beans but where do I satnd on this? I used their packaging so surely they should accept some of the responsibility and take it up with Royal Mail, or as I’m posting it would I be expected to take it up with RM as I’m effectively the seller?

Thanks kindly

monkeychild

Ask for it back??

allthepies

Sounds dodgy. Refuse and get them to send it back to you 🙂

Pieface

I was thinking that but what if it gets damaged further?

globalti

Get it back, this sounds like a standard scam. Either that or ask for a photo of the damaged screen.

Pieface

How does this sound?

Hi,

It would seem to me that the phone was damaged in transit whilst contained in the packaging that you provided.

I am disappointed that your carrier has failed to deliver the phone in a good condition and ask that you take it up with them and that you honour the agreement made with me, your new customer.

If you are unable to offer this level of service, please send the phone back to me, however before doing this please email me a photograph of the damage so that any further damage caused in transit can be taken up with the carrier.

clubber

Get it back. I had this before, got it back, sent it to a different place and got full price.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Whilst there’s many dodgy phone “recycling” companies, it seems unlikely that O2 would scam you.

It’s the sender’s responsibility to ensure that something is packaged “safely and securely for transportation” – ie, if it *is* broken, it’s your fault.

Either way, I think I’d be asking for photographic evidence of the alleged damage in the first instance, with a view to asking for it back if there’s nothing wrong with it.

Pieface

Apparently its pixellation damage that you can only see against a white background and is generally due to the phone being dropped. They said that they could stretch to £13.

I asked them to post it back as I’d be better off with eBay (although I’ll probably take it to the T Mobile shop).

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Scams scams scams. Everywhere you turn someone is trying to scam someone else. What the hell.

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

if that’s the case – maybe it was slightly out of whack when you sent it..

if they’re happy sending it back, punt it on eBay with spares or repairs detailing the defect fully. Some folk like a bargain 🙂

Junkyard

it seems unlikely that O2 would scam you

Indeed they are one of those lovely capitalist firms who have your best interests at heart and are absolutely not in business to make as much money as possible from you 😉

I bet they send you some flowers to say sorry for how upset you are.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Judging by Drac’s link, you’re stuffed Pieface (pun unintentional!).

All you can do is add your own review to the list of glowing reports.

Pieface

I asked O2 to send it back and a few hours later (just now) i got a phone call back saying that as part of the returns process they do a QA check and found that there was actually no fault found. They’ll credit me the full amount agreed.

Bloomin chancers.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I rest my case m’lud.

Mrs Toast

Bloody hell, judging by Drac’s link, they seem to follow a pattern in many cases. Shocked that a company as big as O2 appear to be so shady. WATCHDOOOG!

We’ve always used Mazuma, never had any issues with them.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

please post a review up, stating the stunt they tried to pull.

Pieface

Once the money is in the bank…

wysiwyg

What phone?

glasgowdan

Cougar – Moderator
    Whilst there’s many dodgy phone “recycling” companies, it seems unlikely that O2 would scam you.

Surely it’s not O2 but a 3rd party!

bigyinn

Funny how its mostly iPhone customers…..

Pieface
    bent udder

Mazuma has always been good to me.
    Check the pages on trading in mobiles on moneysavingexpert.com – always some good advice there, too.

ricky1

Mazuma just send bags to send phones to them,I wrap the phone up in bubble wrap first then put it in the bag.

bland

Its not going to be O2 doing it, it will be outsourced at such a high rate that the only margin remaining is in scamming people.

Simples!

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Dodge city. If it was actually sent via O2, I’d be reporting it to O2 themselves and soliciting comment. I’m sure they’d be interested to know what their “appointed representatives” are up to.

jock-muttley

Bloody hell, judging by Drac’s link, they seem to follow a pattern in many cases. Shocked that a company as big as O2 appear to be so shady.

Remember that this probably actually isn’t O2 it will be the cheapest contract bidder, so whist O2 have standards to uphold their sub-contractors will just ignore this.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Phone damaged in transit to purchaser – they want reduced price’ is closed to new replies.