Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Phone cases which one?
  • feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Last two phones I’ve used Lifeproof FRE cases. Have been very happy with them. They do everything I want waterproof/adequate impact protection without being overly bulky and keep dust and dirt out. However they appear to have gone crazy price wise. I have just got a new phone. Any good alternatives that are worth looking at. Have had a look on Amazon and to be honest i dont trust the reviews and ratings.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I always use Spigen cases, but I buy waterproof phones, so really only need bump protection.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I always use Spigen cases, but I buy waterproof phones, so really only need bump protection.

Olixar cases have been good for me, also on waterproof phones.

Latest is one of these. https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-sentinel-samsung-s10e-case-glass-screen-protector-black-71126

Phone had a screen protector on in the box, so having a spare made sense. Nice, tough, plain case.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lunge

All the phones in our household have JETech cases from Amazon and tempered glass screen protectors. Not waterproof but they are bump resistant and they work well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glass screen protector, Spigen case and a custom fitbag sock on mine. When I’m riding, I swap the fitbag for a ziplock bag to keep it dry.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never used a screen protector, current S7 is over 5 years old, I just try not to be a clumsy oaf.

DrP

I love the tech21 cases..
    have kept my old s8, and new s20 pristine. dropped em loads too…

DrP

Cougar

Otterbox wound be my go-to if I used such things, which I don’t. I’ve always felt that the disadvantages outweighed the advantages, with the caveat the beerless one eloquently raised above which is that I try to look after them rather than throw them across the car park.

If I needed something that would survive a more hostile environment I’d buy something designed to do so. Eg,

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Ulefone-Armor-X7-Smartphone-Photography/dp/B086D48KJ4

CountZero

I’ve had several hard cases on my phones, including an Otterbox, but as Cougar says, they’re bulky, the built-in screen protector is garbage, and after a while I binned it and just used a clear silicon case with a glass screen protector.
    My current phone, an iPhone 11 Pro Max has a glass screen protector on, cost I think about £7 for two, goes right to the edge of the screen, and I have a clear silicon case on it that cost about £8-9. It butts right up to the screen protector which gives a bit more protection, and there’s a place to connect a lanyard as well – I’ve got an old Garmin lanyard with a quick-release buckle attachment on the end, and I’ve used 50lb fishing leader to attach the phone to the lanyard, which I wrap around my belt, so if it slips out of my pocket, it can’t go very far. Works perfectly, and with virtually no extra bulk.

burko73

I was facing the same dilemma. I’d had 2 x fre cases on my previous 2 iPhones and each time they’d been amazing at protecting them. They literally came out of the case 4 yrs later each time and the phone was in mint condition despite me using the thing daily outside in grimy wet and miserable conditions in the countryside, as well as very often attached to the bike with the mount. I’ve still got both cases here and they’re perfectly serviceable and could prob sell on eBay.

I went through the same thought process as you and then just bought another fre for my iPhone 11. They just work, are not intrusive, don’t get stuck in your pocket etc. They don’t need a screen protector and they just keep on going. I baulked at the cost of them but given my experience was happy to pay for the good design, warranty and peace of mind.

hugo
    Free Member

Waterproof phone, a “liquid” silicone case and glass screen protector.

I like the silicone cases because the are very bump resistant, low profile and, crucially, not slippy so don’t fall off surfaces/out of pockets easily.

I’m not a phone smasher however. Also had an S7 for 4 ish years.

TiRed

Leather Apple iPhone case. Protection seems fine and I presume that they spent time designing it to match and work seamlessly with their own phone. I don’t use a screen protector and I’ve dropped it a few times. They seem to have better glass than they used to. My first iPhone. But my son used to break screens regularly until his 8.

finishthat
    Free Member

Mous case , had one on iphone7 then on new iphone11pro , was up ladder trying to take picture of my single handed lockdown roof replacement and dropped phone onto concrete floor – Two week old phone completely fine , owner gibbering wreck…

jamj1974

Dr P +1. Never broken a phone or screen and I am a “clumsy oaf” sometimes. Used them to exclusively since the 4s…

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cheap and cheerful, never broke a phone since I started using them many moons ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Phone cases which one?’ is closed to new replies.