Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Phishing – moving up a notch?
  • sadexpunk

was just checking my junk folder in outlook, trying to find a recently discarded email.

i noticed a few from ‘Save You’ that proclaimed to know my password, had opened up my webcam and watched me er….pleasuring myself’ and were going to plaster it all over the internet unless i chucked them $800 into their bitcoin wallet, which they provide me the number for.

now ive seen these before and theyre laughable, but…. this time i noticed it was actually one of my old passwords! in fact my old one from here.
    a bit further down was another email exactly the same, but also another old password, one of my wifes actually, so she may have used it on this laptop, dont know….

im quite relaxed about it, dont use those passwords any more, but i wouldnt have expected them to actually have the correct passwords, thought they were just generic ‘ive got your password, ill ruin your life unless you pay me some money’.

and no, i dont er….. pleasure myself in front of my laptop in case anyone thinks it could actually be true 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

and no, i dont er….. pleasure myself in front of my laptop in case anyone thinks it could actually be true

I do.

I’ll send you a video for $800.

willard

The miscreants would have access to some sort of password dump that had been sold on to them from one of the big breaches. HaveIBeenPwned.com can help you find out where your e-mail address has been used and gives you an idea of where a password is exposed.

Good job on not paying up. Even if you had been spanking it out in front of a webcam it is best not to pay the scum. It only encourages them.

kelron
    Free Member

They’ll have been revealed in one of the various hacks on poorly secured websites.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

footflaps

I used to get loads of those emails, but the fad seems to have tailed off now and not had one for ages…

DezB
    Free Member

Would you take $400 PP?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Would you take $400 PP?

For $400 it’ll need to be in front  of my own laptop.

Cougar

The miscreants would have access to some sort of password dump that had been sold on to them from one of the big breaches.

I used to get loads of those emails, but the fad seems to have tailed off now and not had one for ages…

Yeah, there were several password dumps released onto the dark web relatively recently, might be why they’ve started up again. They make for interesting reading.

Cougar

For $400 it’ll need to be in front of my own laptop.

£500+VAT?

perchypanther
    Free Member

£500+VAT?

For that I’d need to get my brother-in-law to do it on my behalf.

It’ll be Superb though.

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit. Outbid.

neilbarnsley

A site I use a lot, involved in 13 breaches and still going strong.

DrJ

Just had a few of these. I think most people will pay ME to avoid watching a video of me bashing the bishop, so I’m waiting for a nice cheque.

DickBarton

Hang on…Perchy pleasures Sadexpunk? Have I read the second post properly???

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hang on…Perchy pleasures Sadexpunk?

That’d be extra.

funkmasterp

How much extra? Asking for a friend

jonba
    Free Member

wasn’t myfitnesspal compromised at some point.

These are pretty common but I don’t see them unless I go in my junk folder. Gmail filters them all out. IT is a good reason to be wary of people contacting you claiming to be your bank etc. as they can access a little bit of information in some cases.

stumpyjon

Wife’s just had one of these emails. Took me about 10 minutes to get her to think back and realise it was an old password that fitted the recent hack dump theory and not a current password.

shermer75
    Free Member

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Turns out I have. Thank MySpace and MyFitnessPal!!

Cougar

Just checked my spam folder, I’ve had seven of these in the last week. All from “save you / save yourself,” same compromised password, different email addresses and bitcoin wallets.

willard

You can set up alerts on HIBP for specific e-mail addresses or domains and get notifications when you appear. I recommend doing that, or at least considering it.

I love this kind of e-mail though. Mate at work got one that said pretty much the same thing, laptop compromised, frottage viewed and saved, BTC wanted, but then told him they had never seen “such perversity”. He was really pleased with that. Sadly he could not write back and thank them for the compliment, so I passed the BTC wallet ID onto some other friends that track them for a hobby.

rickmeister

£500+VAT?

For that I’d need to get my brother-in-law to do it on my behalf.

It’ll be Superb though.

Plus, Citizens Advice approve of the paperwork / tissues

Happy ending all round…

DrJ

I RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

I’m not sure why anyone would want to watch me eating cakes …. ?

easily
    Free Member

Drj
    If you send me the video I’ll give you $800

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Phishing – moving up a notch?’ is closed to new replies.