Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Phillip Schofield
  • GrahamS

*insert suitably colourful WTF*

That is frankly ridiculous, BBSB. Was it a hospital in an area with a large population of unusually stupid people?

These people should be given an encyclopaedia 😉

*(and a note explaining that it is a book, not a paedophile on a bike)

IHN

an area with a large population of unusually stupid people?

The UK.

GrahamS

Paedophile paranoia is by far a bigger threat to civil society than paedophiles are

100% agree.

Kids being kept indoors away from the nasty paedos is built on media hysteria and ignores two major facts:

1) the vast vast majority of abuse occurs with an abuser that is known to the victim.

2) the potential threat from random stranger paedos is absolutely tiny, but the threat from obesity and sedentary lifestyles is huge and very real.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well Schofield looks to be getting the reaction he deserved. Not often that a panel on BBC’s QT comes to a unanimous conclusion.

If the newspaper reports “This Morning” (sorry!) are correct – that Lord MacAlpine was wrongly accused – then hopefully people we see the folly of trial by internet.

Schofield should stick to autocue reading and delivering the words “…..IS…..” and “…..to be revealed after the break……” with suitable levels of gravitas (sic). Either that or go over to Channel 5 where he might be more suited.

Blimey we will be turning to Max Clifford for the truth next, oh wait……

Fantombiker

I think Scofield was right. I sense real frustration with the failure of our public servants to take decisive action against people who harm our children.

There has been a widespread failure by the media, politicians, police, the bbc and social services to protect vulnerable children.

The reaction to the Saville, Rochdale, Wrexham affairs has been pathetic. I applaud Schofield in a provocative action designed to elicit a faster justice for those accused.

What we don’t want is more inquiries. We need evidence collected and given to the CPS and a trial.

Pigface
    Free Member

Some very od bloke just phoned Radio 2 and described Philip Schofield as a vile man, when asked why he replies “He’s a chain smoker” I nearly stalled the car 😀 there are so many nutty people out there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you think schofield showing a list [printed from a website so it must be true] will somehow help this – we are debating his actions as are the media rather than the story – then you are mistaken.

we all know what we want and i dont think some McCarthy style paedo hunt fuelled by un-evidenced internet rumour displayed on day time tv is the vehicle for achieveing this

GrahamS

I think Scofield was right.

So if some random nutter put your name on a list on the internet, then you’d be quite happy for the prime minister to talk about that live on national television would you? And for the police to come round and confiscate your PC and phones, maybe have your children taken away?

Pigface
    Free Member

or get lynched by an angry mob

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Paedophile paranoia is by far a bigger threat to civil society than paedophiles are (and, for the sake of stating the bleeding obvious; yes, paedophiles are bad)

Well put, Sir! (I assume you’re a chap, apologies if not!)

lynched

Hmm. Notable by his absence recently. Banhammer, I wonder?

rogermoore

Retaliation 😀

RM.

MrOvershoot

Pigface – Member

Some very odd bloke just phoned Radio 2 and described Philip Schofield as a vile man, when asked why he replies “He’s a chain smoker” I nearly stalled the car there are so many nutty people out there.

Your not alone with that I was sat at the lights on green thinking “this bloke is a nut job” you could tell almost straight away with his strange pauses and random statements!

glenp
    Free Member

What is the difference between this being an actual list of names and it being a blank piece of paper?

You, me and no-one else saw it, and DC didn’t look at it.

The problem is what, exactly?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Totally moronic thing to do. Trial by speculation, the internet and daytime TV. Unfortunately there are plenty of twunts out there ready to lap this sort of thing up and start baying for Cameron to stop ‘covering it up’ or whatever.

binners

I think Scofield was right.

Dear God! If you were to devise a system of justice that would be almost guaranteed to deliver the wrong outcome then it would probably involve daytime TV hosts, using ‘evidence’ purloined from Twitter 🙄

theotherjonv

What is the difference between this being an actual list of names and it being a blank piece of paper?

apparently some names were visible

GrahamS

I think you’d need to add a phone-in for maximum madness. 😆

kimbers

to be fair on schofield he didnt name them on tv

it was a dumb thing to do but ill repeat what i said before

if cameron had the testicular fortitude to face some real interviewers (eg paxman) he wouldnt have to deal with this tabloid approach

binners

Maybe they could display the names and we could do X Factor style voting*

* Calls will be charged at £5 per minute, calls from mobiles may be considerably higher

GrahamS

to be fair on schifield he didnt name them on tv

Shame really because he would be out of a job and facing enormous libel damages if he did. And rightly so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if cameron had the testicular fortitude to face some real interviewers (eg paxman) he wouldnt have to deal with this tabloid approach

He has seen on today [ radio flagship and interviewed by Humphries]twice that I have heard but you are not wrong

glenp
    Free Member

Unless any names were displayed there is no material difference between using the piece of paper as a prop and simply mentioning the problem of some names being in circulation. I think a lot of the stink derives solely from Philip Schofield being expected to do strictly fluffy stuff.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

. I think a lot of the stink derives solely from Philip Schofield being expected to do strictly fluffy stuff.

..and demonstrating why that’s all he’s expected to do.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

lynched

Hmm. Notable by his absence recently. Banhammer, I wonder?

CFH, I was wondering what had happened to Ernie myself this morning. Hammer or off in Argentina perhaps?

Northwind

It is quite funny though… Second time Cameron’s been ambushed by someone who’s supposed to be a nice easy option on a lovely family show. First Matt Baker, now Sconesbury, who’s next? Maybe he’ll go on Flog It and get called a **** by Paul Martin.

Pembo
    Free Member

The interesting for me is the mistaken identify on the Wrexham abuse has stopped this being swept under the carpet again. If the true alleged abuser had been identified correctly would this story have even made Newsnight and resulted in the subsequent inquiry?

grum
    Free Member

Messiah on a velocipede, really? We can’t use words because they sound a bit like other words and halfwits might get confused?

I think you should refer to the paediatric theatre as “the paediatric theatre”, loudly and vociferously, because that’s what it’s called.

Apparently the word ‘niggardly’ is somewhat controversial, in America at least.

GrahamS

Apparently the word ‘niggardly’ is somewhat controversial, in America at least.

0% of US voters have a problem with Obama being black

Fair enough.

GrahamS

This sign caused a stir:

To be fair, there is some evidence that some Republicans have slightly racist views:

http://www.allthingsdemocrat.com/not-racist/

edlong
    Free Member

It’s paedogeddon. Since the phone hacking thing started really kicking off, I’ve increasingly felt like I’m living in some sort of Truman Show world, where the scriptwriter is Chris Morris.

Which is both completely brilliant and utterly, utterly terrifying.

CountZero

It’s paedogeddon. Since the phone hacking thing started really kicking off, I’ve increasingly felt like I’m living in some sort of Truman Show world, where the scriptwriter is Chris Morris.

Which is both completely brilliant and utterly, utterly terrifying.
    You’re not wrong. 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

Schofields in the Saville thing?

No, no, no – that was Bruce Wayne.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Phillip Schofield’ is closed to new replies.