Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Philips Park – worth it for a couple of hours?
  • teenrat

I’m up in Audenshaw this weekend, and in order to avoid shopping etc, i’m thinking of heading over to philips park on Saturday morning for a couple of hours. Not sure what to expect. Any info?

Harry_the_Spider

Philips is good but it is only a couple of miles long. You can do it 6 times in two hours!

Strava link to a longer route that can be added to Philips if you are interested. http://app.strava.com/activities/82300322

BTW. The new “owners” think that riding bikes on the trails will wear them out. So no naughty skidz.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

which one? prestwich, or clayton vale?

Harry_the_Spider

Good point. I was talking about the Prestwich one.

Scapegoat

It’s short, but fun. The red trail is only a few minutes of fast flowing trail. One side has some great tabletops, the other more berms and mid-trail jumps, including Tourette’s Leap…. I won’t spoil the surprise!

Head off from the red trail down into the lower park and you’ll find a fast pedally blue run that’s fun to lap a couple of times. Be sure to take the red diversions…. the little downhill bit is great fun, and see if you can’t clear the stream crossing.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I can vouch for Tourette’s Leap although its not what it was – more an ‘Oh’ now than an ‘Arggh’…

Think that its time for the one they call ‘Grotbags’ to get it sorted!

As the others have said, its a good place for a couple of hours but worth combining into a longer ride around Prestwich Clough and up towards Nob End.

teenrat

cool, will definitely be off there then, followed by indyman beers in the evening. I was talking about the Prestwich one btw.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Harry-t-s, have you got a gpx file of that route, I would like to do it from the Bolton end, maybe linking to Bradshaw.

Thanks
    Matt

terrahawk
    Free Member

there’s a gpx button on the Strava map.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Philips Park from Bromley Cross / Bradshaw

Hows that for you? Practically all off road!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Philips Park – worth it for a couple of hours?’ is closed to new replies.