Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Phil Wood Spares ?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just made a right horlicks trying to remove the axle on my rear SS disc hub, so need an axle replacement. Any recommendations for bits please ? Ta

one_bad_mofo

Try Tim at Sideways Cycles. I’m sure he used to do Phil’s stuff.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Didnt know if Tim still existed tbh ?. Website seems minimal,not seen him here etc. Tried Brick Lane Bikes and got an email back saying they ‘had a huge delivery from Phil’s . I asked if they could tell me if there was any axles and was told to check their website. Not very progressive in selling then…… so just emailed Phil’s direct in US to see what part numbers and i believe they will ship. Will see…

simondbarnes

Didnt know if Tim still existed tbh ?

He does still exist 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Had an email from Phil’s and advise on being a rare old hub and not many sold. They havent sold any spares to Uk for these for a long time. They said they will sort it out , so just waiting on a cost. Was interesting finding out on youtube about the spoke thread roller machine that Phil Wood initially designed. Worth a look. Hope that its not just an axle in my stocking next month…….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Been a while but I have managed to purchase a new axle and a pair of bearings direct from Phil Wood in the US. The new axle is stainless steel, replacing the alloy version that was on mine. They gave me a discount for the axle, a guess at the alloy one probably wasnt the best idea to use, so the carriage was more expensive than the parts. Wasnt the quickest in emails or post purchase , but patience means its fitted, although the Stooge is now bust, see the other thread somewhere, so the wheels are hung on the wall until I get the frame repaired……….. rains/ pours etc….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Phil Wood Spares ?’ is closed to new replies.