Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Phew, broadband restored and I got my new stove installed.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got my broadband back, and can bring those of a stovie persuasion some pics of the latest addition that should bring heat to the lobby in the Towers of Moont.

After delays to promised delivery dates it finally arrived at the end of the drive, the delivery truck was to high to clear our trees. It weighs 140kg+. Too heavy to lift so I had to fire up the Fergie.

The scariest part of the installation is having to break out the cast iron blanks for the top exit flue. I was certain I would fail at the first hurdle and crack the whole top plates, but it was a breeze.

11kw output, I’ve been firing it up steadily to cure the cement and plaster around the stove pipe. It still needs a finish coat and some paint to complete.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cock, wrong forum, mods can you shift this over to the other side?

cynic-al
    Free Member

the delivery truck was to high to clear our trees

I often have this problem 😛

Seriously, looks good, have you any pics of the 60s Swedish TV one too?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

Al, I once had a truck load of glazed frames delivered from Belguim. They made it safely to within yards of the house when a low hanging branch punctured the load area shattering the frames and the glass, huge 8feet by 6feet panes. It was bloody scary opening the back door.

Here’s the funky TV stove.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice. What are you using as the heat shield on the wall?

spooky_b329

I don’t know a huge amount about this sort of thing, but wooden skirting board passing right behind the stove?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

that mirror is super cool. 20s and 60s in one fireplace.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

nice. What are you using as the heat shield on the wall?

Sheet aluminium spaced about an inch from the wall. It’s there more to reflect heat than any fire protection.

I don’t know a huge amount about this sort of thing, but wooden skirting board passing right behind the stove?!

The old stove that this replaced had a void against the skirting board, it never heated up at all. The new one has a space there too, I’ll be keeping an eye on temperatures but I think it will be ok.

Al, that mirror needs a clean. 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

mcmoonter – Member
    Al, that mirror needs a clean

Is that an invite? :mrgreen:

franksinatra

I love Moot Towers. You should take part in Doors Open day!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yer fergie could do with some new rear tires like

leffeboy

what tyres for fergie

trail_rat
    Free Member

A fergie you say – this one has no spare tyres 😉

pingu66
    Free Member

How big is your house! 11kW would heat our street!

leffeboy

ah yes. That did come up on my first image search 🙂

falkirk-mark

ah yes. That did come up on my first image search

and you picked fat fergie. pervert

trail_rat
    Free Member

He likes big butts and he cannot lie !

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Believe it or not fact, Fergie came up to see my etchings, in a manner of speaking.

user-removed
    Free Member

How peculiar – my dad just emailed me a photo of his ‘new’ frontloader. No idea how he fitted it by himself – he’s 76 😯

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Can’t see the pic but the MIL loader on my Fergie weighs a lot. It’s deffo a two man lift, and a third to drive the tractor into position.

Mine was probably built in the 50’s, it’s solid, there’s no chance of it ever rusting away. When you load it up, the steering gets VERY heavy, without a counter balance weight at the back the rear wheels can easily spin, I’ve been close to tipping it too.

Fair play to your old man. 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Phew, broadband restored and I got my new stove installed.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts