Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PF30…
  • oxym0r0n

I’m not convinced but I have seen a frameset I like which is discounted. I much prefer a standard threaded BB – as that is what I am used to, seems more straightforward and no horror stories of creaking.

Flame away and convince me otherwise (or not)!

creamegg
    Free Member

Get an adaptor and use a threaded bb. Thats what ive done on my ht, no problem so far

oxym0r0n

I guess my argument is I shouldn’t have to. What adapter did you get please creamegg – easy to fit and no creaking?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    creamegg
    Free Member

Sram adaptor, easy to fit no creaking or problems yet. I think hope have brought one out now, which will be fitted if and when the sram dies

mboy
    Free Member

Hope, Praxis and Wheels Manufacturing (to name but 3) all do proper convertor BB’s (not the Heath Robinson adapters to sleeve the BB down) and are fairly readily available. You just need an LBS with a Hope account (quite a lot), or an Upgrade account (again, a lot), or a Madison account (every LBS really).

lipseal
    Free Member

Try this PF30 BB ……..but grease the bearings first, before you use it.

JCL
    Free Member

It ain’t that bad. Just keep degreaser away from the bearings and you’ll be okay for a year at least.

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve been using the “cheap” SRAM PF30 adapters to run standard BB cups.

Having an interference fit between a plastic part and metal frame isn’t great IMO – mine slightly un-located (by maybe a mm on one side) after an off, which caused a bit of an issue over time.

I read-up about it online and people were securing them using a particular type of loctite – which I then did, and it’s been fine since. However, if the Hope/Praxxis versions had been available then – I would have just used one of those. Threading both cups together makes much more sense IMO, and arguably makes more sense than having BB threads in the fame.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PF30…’ is closed to new replies.