Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Peugeot partner/Citroën berlingo real world experiences
  • hjghg5
    Free Member

I have a 1.6 petrol multispace, an amdro kit* and and a towbar bike rack. When we just need bikes they go inside. When we want to camp we use the amdro. And when we want to camp with bikes the bike rack goes on with the amdro inside. We toured round Ireland for a couple of weeks quite happily using an awning to dump stuff in while we slept.

Not a looker, not smooth and not quiet. But I wouldn’t swop it for anything.

*cash rich time poor pretty much sums me up at the moment. I know it would have been cheaper to come up with a DIY option, but it would have taken years to find the time to actually do it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any pics hjghg5

allfankledup

Had a 1.9d Peugeot partner – not sure that the quiksilver stuff on it helped add any kudos.

Ran it for several years – used to replace the exhaust and a couple of tyres every couple of years.
    Bulletproof, cheap to run, not a car that I ever loved – but I’ll get another, but it has to be faster

70mph was thrashing it – 55mph was manageable, wouldn’t want to do massive trips in one, I never had the patience. Super noisy on the road.

Slidy doors rule – replaced it with a t5

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

photos high 5?

neil853
    Free Member

Its looking like a 2.0hdi then really isn’t it. Prefer the look or the Peugeot’s probably too. I need to have a look at some but i really think this is a goer

birdage

Just got a 2007 one a few weeks ago and we’re loving it so far. Took it to France and got loads of stuff in there including enough distractions to keep the baby entertained. Even got my bike in there though it was an Airnimal…….

So is it possible to put a 2 bike rack on the back?

i_like_food

They are so good we have two! Got the 1.9D (no turbo version) and the 2.0 HDi version. The 1.9 is slow but v. cheap and reliable. The 2.0HDi is faster but very cheap and reliable.

They are huge inside. Our record is 4 bikes (2 x road and 2 x mtb) and all the stuff for a two week holiday in the Alps… all with the rear seats still up (for sleeping on the overnight drive – the footwells in the rear were stuffed with clothes though). We cruised down at 80 mph all the way (HDi one!). We did do the same trip in the 1.9D once… we ‘cruised’ at 65mph!

We’re selling the 1.9D as we can’t fit our kiddyback tandem inside and still have one seat up in the back (see Classifieds, pm me if you’re interested). We’ve got a 1.9 Tdi T5 panel van which is bigger, faster than the 1.9D and slower than the 2.0Hdi.

Birdage – yes it’s possible to put a 2 bike rack on the back. No problem. We didn’t obscure the numberplate or lights.

mick_r

OP – just seen you might come from near Preston.

If you need a decent Citroen dealer then Rigbyes at Eccleston are great – the only car dealer I’ve ever found a pleasure to visit. Family owned (almost all the employees are the same family), zero staff turnover, good rates for parts and labour and regularly wins dealer of the year award.

We’ve used them for 20 years, and on the one occasion when things did go wrong they had the skills to do proper fault finding (rather than randomly throwing parts at it) and then did a very decent deal to sort things out when we decided to change the vehicle (it was a Nemo that went sick – never had any problems with the 1.6 HDI or the earlier XUDs).

The Preston Peugeot dealer is also good with a very keen mtber on the staff.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

my blingo ready for a roadtrip- 5 bikes and luggage.

jedi

my berlingo van has done 200,000 with little worry

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why all the hate for the lil diesel chugger.

My 1.9 dw8 did 130kph almost all the way from the dutch border to alpe dhuez last week….,and did 800k at 130kph yesterday wih little effort.

Getting it there took time but once wound up it maintained it well without the temperature shooting up- it ws 3750 rpm though 🙂

Id have a 2.0hdi if my time came again. 8v engine roughtly based on old 1.9td from the 306. Bomb proof.

trail_rat
    Free Member

On and it did 94mph at the red line on the autobahn when we passed theough germany on the wy to catch the tour.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

my berlingo van has done 200,000 with little worry

my blingo still has muddy hand prints on the a pillars from the time it couldn’t get up the hill in herts shore one snowy easter . Grunting & pushing and old carpets and it eventually got there. Froze my bollocks off that weekend but still loved it 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bawlocks

As i declare how reliable its been ….just as we were leaving alpe huez it developed a tick/chirp at idle with the belt jumping slightly …..then a chirp at certain revs – then a tick/chirp at all but high revs.

How ever she made it back to aberdeen and now im off to find the cause…..

Either the crankshaft damper , the aux tensioner , the alternator or the power steering pump has gone queer….or the auto tensioners had it.- had a new belt on it about 5k ago 🙁

Yay for euro carparts being shut on sundays! –

wiggles
    Free Member

Mine had the rear bumper caved in whilst parked today 🙁 no note or anything.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thats crap.

I pullled aux belt off…. Started it – no noise

Felt alt/ps pump bearings al good.- all idlers and auto tensioners are rough and the crank shaft pulleys sold…..sliht oil leak from the crankshaft seal but ill live with that since the timing belt has to come off for that.

Checked belt…badly ripped down one side.

Alignment is out on something.

Refitted – no noise…… But the auto tensioners jumping so im going to get a new idlers belt and auto tensioner tomorrow from dayco/ina for it would seem 70 quid

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot partner/Citroën berlingo real world experiences’ is closed to new replies.