Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • petty insignificant things that really piss you off
  • WTF
    Free Member

Those seam welded clear plastic packaging you get on some smaller items from shops to avoid anything coming out of them.
    Usually it takes a hacksaw and chisel to cut the 3mm thick plastic and will result in injury in the process.

Oh and whinging/pedantic bastids. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

People who blame things on health and safety or political correctness when its nothing to do with either.

mogrim

lol@decimatedgate

Double posting gets my goat, too.

samuri
    Free Member

Those seam welded clear plastic packaging you get on some smaller items from shops to avoid anything coming out of them.
    Usually it takes a hacksaw and chisel to cut the 3mm thick plastic and will result in injury in the process.

The irony being the items involved are invariably something like a chisel or a hacksaw.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Some of the people on here who gang up on someone asking a fairly innoccuous question and end up being rather offensive in the process, just because "the OP didn't know / understand".

Queue jumpers do my box in!

Peregrine
    Free Member

Bad manners.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Here we go…

entering a motorway at 50 mph
    60+ honda drivers doing 45 on a country road
    People who say "I aint done nofin"
    Mission statments
    Managment who justify there jobs by cooking up bullshite rules and prosedures
    My daughter not flushing after number two's
    white folks who think they are black. Init.!

zaskar
    Free Member

Cold, Winter and Rain.

Thats it as I'm easy on everything else.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bad spelling.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

idiots who sit in the middle lane of a motorway when not overtaking.

LEARN TOP DRIVE PROPERLY!

Coppers with speed guns
    Nissan Almera drivers
    people who join a free flowing motorway at 35mph instead of a nice safe 60mph
    People who think its funny to quote lines of of films
    litter bugs
    smokers
    people who chew gum
    dog owners who don't pick up their dog's 5h1t
    BMW drivers in general
    Drivers who use a mobile phone
    Tax
    Stealth tax
    fines
    sneaky ways of fining you

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Road Biking persons who dont wear helmests – WTF is wrong with them ?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

People who wear sunglasses in doors or on a cloudy shite day.

barca
    Free Member

hora

crikey
    Free Member

Cyclists of any persuasion who think a polystyrene hat makes them safe.

CurlyGurl
    Free Member

Would 'of' / should 'of' / could 'of' = grrrrrr…!

0091paddy
    Free Member

Here goes:

Everyone in a supermarket, would you stand in the middle of the pavement and block me walking by?
    People who give way to other vehicles, for no reason other than they have time to burn.
    People moaning about the weather when they drive everywhere.
    Drivers on the phone.
    Radio 1 between the hours of 10am-7pm.

CountZero

Lots of things on here, but one that happened the other evening: following a car out to the pub, gets to the twisty downhill bit to the village where the pub is, and the driver, who's only doing 30mph where I used to do 50 in a C-reg Nova, starts hitting the brakes at every slight deviation from a straight road! Grrrrrrr. Learn to **** drive, you pussy. I've followed drivers in Mercedes sports cars who do the same: crawl along at 35 in a 50/60 limit and touch the brakes at every slight bend. Fer Christ's sake, buy a Micra if you're that scared to drive. Morons.

tyger
    Free Member

Weetabix wrapping – used to be paper, easy to tear open, now plastic and the explodes everywhere.

Ebay's continuous defaults when searching.

People who do their shopping at the Tescos petrol "shop" when it's really busy.

Letter boxes that are really difficult to post anything through due to their stiff brushes.

simonk
    Free Member

Self serving goverments
    People who dont take responsability for their own actions
    People who wont do anything as it is "well not my problem" when trying to tackle social and enviromental issues
    Capitalism
    Celebrity Culture driven by a weak minded media interested in only promoting greed and shallow values
    Slang and text typing
    People with pathetic hates like racism it is a small step every one is different get over it we are all human 😀
    Tribal mentality of the world
    People who insist on publishing their entire life in detail on Facebook or similar
    The complete lack of good manners and respect in the world

Hmmm maybe not so petty really and i think i need to lay off the coffee 😀

SimonK

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Weetabix wrapping – used to be paper, easy to tear open, now plastic and the explodes everywhere.

Another vote for that – it really does my nut in – especially as it is breakfasttime, so patience is spread quite thinly as I try to wake up.

ski
    Free Member

Showing my age with this one:

Hair!

That suddenly seems to want to grow out of your ears, eyebrows and nose but for some reason decides not to, on your head, where you actually want the darn stuff!

One for parents – those plastic ties used to hold a plastic toy to its packaging!

Movie trailers that make a crap film look good!

A good cup of Tea that goes cold.

Last one, with some relevance – Cyclist who cycle towards you on the wrong side and force you to move to the right to pass them?

GrahamS

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures… and the Dutch.

GrahamS – Member
    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures… and the Dutch.

A good percentage of the fookers that move here then?

Lol @ your irony though.

Bunnyhop

Eastenders,
    Coronation st.
    Emmerdale farm,
    Xfactor,
    Big brother, etc.

frenchie
    Free Member

Dog owners who drive their dogs to open spaces simply to empty their bowels and then load them back in the car to return home. Seen it in about every car park I have been in.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

People who use cutlery like Edward Scissor Hands and who lick knives.

redthunder
    Free Member

You've created a trail from scratch and used for years just as you like it. Then some twunt comes along and discovers it then decides to hack trees out to make it faster in their opinion and build jumps along it.

Why don't they build their own **** trails to their design next to the discovered one or add to it at the end.

It's not ethical to mess with other peoples trails…. Grump 🙁

nickc

If I can taste your aftershave/perfume at ten paces, you've got too much of it on…

iDave
    Free Member

people who doggedly resist change only because its different and before they know what the new way/thing will actually be like

johnny_met
    Free Member

People who sit really close to the windscreen when driving arghhhhh!

genghispod
    Free Member

People who cannot use Latin correctly; The plural of ignoramus is ignoramii.
    Also hypocrites of any denomination.
    And those who drive to the woods in a £35k car with £100 bikes on the back.

Gary_C

Drivers who brake when approaching a green traffic light.
    "Its on GREEN for **** sake!!!!!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Bloomin Ramblers walking into oncoming traffic in Borrowdale (Keswick) when theres a perfectly good path on the opposite side of the road!!

And just walking on the roads in general,I just cant understand why? 🙄

And also LITTER on the start of the Altura trail in Whinllater forest! 😥

NZCol

bought and brought. You buy things, not bruy things.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Fat people on trains taking up 2 seats. Go on a diet you fat fecker and let 2 people sit down!

firestarter
    Free Member

still got no pix from you idave no that pisses me off 😉

duntstick
    Free Member

Ridiculous Ads to coverage ratio on 'The Tour of Britain' 👿

eldridge
    Free Member

And it's kill-ometer, not kilo-meter. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kilometer

if you look carefully you'll see there two little speaker icons, one offering your incorrect version and one offering my correct version

if you're going to quote a source supporting your point of view, at least choose one which does that! LOL!

eldridge
    Free Member

People who cannot use Latin correctly; The plural of ignoramus is ignoramii.

Hook, line and sinker! I new someone would fall for it!

"Ignoramus" means, in Latin, "we do not know"

It's already plural as a singular English word, and as such in English therefore needs a distinctive plural form, as for example with the word abacus, whose preferred plural form is abacuses

the alternate plural for abacus is abaci (one i)

ignoramii (with two i's) could never be correct, unless there was a tribe from the non-existent province of Ignoramia (as in the Helvetii, from Helvetia, or the Nervii, from Nervia

RustySpanner

The term 'swap out' instead of 'swap'.

Deliberate misspellings such as 'Kwik', 'thru' etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘petty insignificant things that really piss you off’ is closed to new replies.