Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Petty environmental crimes – whats yours?
  • maccruiskeen

That’s just good sense – tea needs to be brewed at as near to 100c as possible.

no it doesn’t – but the only reliable benchmark people have for temperature is ‘boiling’ so if you want your tea to taste the same each time you need to make it with the same temperature of water – and the only temperature you can reliably repeat each time is ‘boiling’

CountZero

Someone mentioned filling their kettle up to make tea, which I tend to do. That’s mainly because when I make a mug of tea, it’s a proper mug! It’ll take an entire can of soup, with enough space left at the top to allow for some water to be put into the can to rinse out what’s left and top up the mug before I stick it in the microwave.

When I’m at work, I have to fill it up the night before so I can make a smaller mug in the morning, as well as fill my flask with green tea for the day.

I have stopped buying disposable plastic tooth brushes, I can now buy bamboo ones with bio-nylon bristles that can actually be composted! There’s a little shop in town that does all sorts of cleaning stuff that’s environmentally friendly and with refillable containers, which I’m going to investigate as and when things run out.

bikesandboots

Has to be driving long distances to ride/hike relatively short distances.

Olly
    Free Member

Morning routine for the 1 yr old is get her out of the overnight nappy, change for dry one in time for the morning production. You dont want to be packing an overnight turd into a soaking wet nappy, but it does mean that the morning nappy is used for 2 mins tops. You could almost fish out the little (massive) brown fellah and keep on using it. Almost.

Disposable Nappies.

whats worse is weve got stacks of washable ones. Barely used.

Bunnyhop

If I’m in the house alone I have been known to have both telly on in the living room, with a radio on in the kitchen. Its normally when I’m constantly moving between the 2 rooms.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Despite moaning about SUVs in that thread last week, I’m considering getting a beat up 4×4 for mud-plugging around Salisbury Plain…

I’m also a terror for leaving (LED) lights on in the house.

Buuut….. I don’t have (and hopefully won’t ever have) kids, so I’m just a drop in the ocean compared to even the most hairshirt wearing eco-warrior parent 😇

ant77
    Free Member

Sometimes I drive the boys to nursery/school instead of riding the bikes which is a 1 mile round trip. When it’s not even raining.
    But I take the bike in the boot to school so we can ride home (and it looks like we rode in the morning too!)

martinhutch

I run the tap throughout my tooth brushing session. The rest of my family does not, so I also ‘waste’ hot water getting their toothpaste accretions off the side of the sink before I fill it to shave.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just put some copper sulphate on the garden moss.

toby1

Resurrecting old threads with no explanation, poor hamsters!

sirromj

Using clingfilm to wrap my sandwiches because I can’t be bothered to a) find a lunch box, b) find a compatible lunchbox lid. On the plus side, it does mean I save energy on the cycle home from work not carrying a lunch box, because a) less weight, b) aero gains, so maybe that cancels it all out after all.

funkmasterp

Every day I have a long shower at a temperature that would make Satan cry. I shave my head with cartridge razors. I am a monster

joat

I sometimes don’t recycle yogurt pots.

donks
    Free Member

Kitchen roll….we use a metric ton of the stuff each week. And general everyday house hold waste, it seems that when we do the bins each week I have a rubbish wall outside our house, plus full food waste bin and overflowing bottle tub…where as the rest of the street seem to just put out a single bag each and no bottles?? Its like a walk of shame for me on bin day.

Merak

I have plastic grass, and it’s wonderful!

It means no mess in my kitchen, bliss! I have a lawn (patch of grass) at the front and I’d challenge you to tell the difference between the two.

I’m a bit OCD about grass, and most things come to think of it.

enigmas
    Free Member

Having a decent gaming pc – having what is effectively a 500w space heater under my desk is great in winter, but properly wasteful in the summer months.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

What razor type is everyone using?

jonesyboy

30k a year in a large Citroen relay. Mostly for work, installing medical equipment over the UK, but also windsurfing, 200 mile round trip for a day on the water

finephilly
    Free Member

I have 2 extra screens for my PC and could manage off just the laptop. Oh and I bought cheap bog roll instead of using a screwfix catagloue.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I like to uproot mature trees and then replant them upside down.

sbtouring
    Free Member

Turbo training. Instead of going out for a ride which uses no electricity, I’ll go on the turbo, and as such requires a load of other powered devices just to do so. In total there is the turbo, a fan, display screen and music device on, just so I can ride a bike inside not going anywhere 🤦‍♂️

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.