Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • Petty annoyances
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Self-righteous grammar and spelling pedants get on my wick far, far more than the odd typo or incorrect spelling/phrasing tbh.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m sure a suitable phrase could be murdered in.

😆

neilthewheel

Bikes being described as “trail hammers”, “race weapons” or any other expression used by that Kesteven bloke at WMB

weare138
    Free Member

“Chillax” really boils my p***. As does “at the end of the day”.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Here’s one: When you want to ask an ebay seller a question and you have to go through that whole rigmarole of clicking ‘what is the question about?’ ‘did you get your answer?’ – NO I WANT TO EMAIL THE SELLER ABOUT SOMETHING A LITTLE LESS VAGUE THAN ‘IS THE ITEM USED?’* AAAAARGH Has anyone ever clicked ‘yes’ to ‘did you get your answer?’ Proper ebay trolling.

*ask to complete privately for cash

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

weare138 – Member
    “Chillax” really boils my p***. As does “at the end of the day”.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

Agreed, also ‘back in the day’……

chakaping
    Free Member

Good one jambourgie.

Along with any site that makes you type in nigh-on impossible to read numbers in order to do stuff, under the guise of security.

Then you click for an easier to read option, and it gives you something harder.

johndoh
    Free Member

Apologies if it has been done but…

Can I lend your hammer?

Ohh, so you actually mean ‘May I borrow your hammer?’

That and exclamation marks used to excess!!!!!!!!!!!!

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh shit I’m going now….

New and Improved!

So is it new or is it improved, it can’t be both.

And

‘I gave it 110%’

scuzz
    Free Member

• Bearded pedants speaking in absolutes with self-appointed authority
    • Preceding every sentence with a short, sharp intake of breath through teeth
    • “It is what it is”
    • Undeployed keyboard feet
    • Poorly formatted word templates. (why make a template if you have to make identical edits each time you use it?)
    • “Just that, you know, Jer neigh say kwa”

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

People who insist on telling you a story even although you clearly know more about it than them, and tell them immmeadiately, but they still continue.

along the lines of.. “did you hear about that guy who…?” – “yeh he’s my mate” – “well apparently what happend was…” – “yeh, I know He’s my mate”.

hooli

People who talk/act like gangsters when they were born in Princess Risborough and went to a posh boarding school

chakaping
    Free Member

People who talk/act like gangsters when they were born in Princess Risborough and went to a posh boarding school

I feel ya bredrin.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P3FCPwHvas[/video]

jon1973
    Free Member

Comic Sans MS

weare138
    Free Member

People who close their eyes when they talk to you
    Chihuahua’s
    People who remain very very still when music is on

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Adverts on tele that get louder, like to attract your attention more.

Do one!

vickypea
    Free Member

Scuzz- I’m with you on finding “it is what it is” incredibly annoying!

vickypea
    Free Member

Using “Adorbs” as short for adorable in a Barbie doll advert!

RustySpanner

Most of the grammatical errors quoted above are not petty.
    The use of ‘swap out’ for example should always be countered by a damn good kicking.

It’s the only language these bastards understand.

chakaping
    Free Member

‘Swap out’ is not a grammatical error though, it’s shameful affectation.

ourmaninthenorth

Almost as annoying as people who think “alot” is one word.
    The annoying thing is, that annoys me too, I just didn’t notice the typo.

Worked for one of the country’s best lawyers. He insisted that “alot” was one word.

And my addition: Hollywood films that display on the screen US-centric geographic information. So, for example, “Mumbai, India”. What, like there could be a Mumbai in Arkansas?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

A friend of mine puts his wine or beer glass on top of his phone at the pub. No idea why but it seems to wind a lot of folk but, myself included!

Northwind

People who after ****ing up say “We are where we are”. Yes, I know where we are, the purpose of this conversation is me telling you you’re a useless ****, reminding me of the thing you did that convinced me you’re a useless **** is unwise at this juncture.

Pieface

Shopping baskets kept in the outside of a shop.

Plugholes that don’t drain quickly and clog with tiny bits of food or coffee grounds or tea leaves

chakaping
    Free Member

“Ripe and ready” avocados which are solid as a rock.

weare138
    Free Member

Folding and knotting empty crisp packets really used to wind a friend of mine up, so much so he used to get up and move away when I was doing it.

TheSanityAssassin

People who belch loudly without covering their mouth with their hand. No, saying ‘excuse/pardon me’ doesn’t.

People who say ‘axe/axed a question’. It’s ‘ask/asked’.

chakaping
    Free Member

People who think it’s OK to park with their car covering more than two thirds of the pavement, just because they live on a narrow-ish road.

It’s not, you are a selfish **** and your car wing mirror’s safety is not more important than pedestrians’ convenience.

arrpee
    Free Member

“Everything happens for a reason.”

Rots my jobbie-meat.

brakes
    Free Member

What is jobbie-meat?

bruneep

The current wife piling recycling(plastic bottles tins etc)in front of my coffee machine prior to it going to garage, she could out it to the side Oh no pile it up in front!

If this continues she will be the ex mrs b!

twosheds
    Free Member

People that walk against the flow in ikea.

vickypea
    Free Member

“Everything happens for a reason”
    Arghhh! That is the most meaningless and irritating phrase I can think of!

EDIT: thanks for reminding me arrpee!

Cougar

Websites that pop a dialogue asking you to take a survey, join their mailing list or (kill me) accept cookies, before you’ve actually had chance to look at the page properly. I’ve started just closing the pages on sight now.

Microsoft recently ran one asking if I’d mind completing a ONE QUESTION survey on leaving the site ([yes]/[no]). Didn’t give me much option there did you, sodpots.

Plugholes that don’t drain quickly and clog with tiny bits of food or coffee grounds or tea leaves

Why don’t we have ‘garbage disposal’ systems in this country?

martinhutch

The link box on the top left of the BBC website homepage, for example offering you the Ashes/football scores. You move your mouse over it to click it, and it rolls up a few more headlines, so you end up clicking on some other rubbish you didn’t want to read. 👿

grum
    Free Member

People (mainly just on STW really) saying stuff like:

‘It needed done’
    ‘It wanted gone’

heisenberg
    Free Member

People who have petty annoyances! 😡 hate them lots get a life 😈

Late shift rota..pointless ..even hate more 😡

That bloke australian commentator for MotoGP and Australian version of Topgear.. Most hated of all!! Stupid voice with stupid comments glad BBC not doing it anymore.

aracer
    Free Member

when your not getting any. Why is it the only thing you can think about?

people who complain they’re not getting any, who are almost certainly getting far more than you

badllama
    Free Member

A few more

Ladies going back to their car at petrol stations and then take 10 **** minutes to drive off WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!

People at cash machines who have to use /check the accounts 3 or 4 cards!

People who take large double kids buggies into one of the busiest shopping centres in the country on Saturday afternoon.

People who allow their offspring to treat pub beer gardens in the summer like **** play centres! **** OFF and die with your kids I’m out for a quiet summer drink with my mrs! If I wanted kids running around me I’d go to a bloody play centre FFS

Finally young couples sat in pubs not speaking at all but just tapping into their phones FFS get a life! Why are you both out together??

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 288 total)

The topic ‘Petty annoyances’ is closed to new replies.