Petty annoyances

Home Forum Chat Forum Petty annoyances

Viewing 45 posts - 181 through 225 (of 288 total)
  • Petty annoyances
  • Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

batfink – fully agreed.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

bufty – Member

People filling from the wrong side is actually one of my pet hates.

What’s the “wrong side?” Most cars have their fillers on the right, 50% of pumps are on the left…

hooli

Noisy eaters, I work in an open plan office and there is a guy who sits on the other wide of the office to me but I still have to leave when he eats his daily packet of walkers or I will kill him.

How can that much noise come from 1 packet of crisps?

hooli

Oh and clutter, wanting to use the microwave and having to move 7 things out the way just to get the door open

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

People who whistle in public. You might think it makes you seem like a jolly old cove as you trill away in the supermarket, but it actually makes me want to embed a potato in your face.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The fact that BT Sport have employed Michael Owen to do their Premiership Commentaries. He’s bloody awful. No matter whats going on on the pitch, all I can think about is; ‘Jesus christ! This is like listening to Marvin the paranoid android read a telephone directory

bikebouy

“quiet areas” these things in open plan offices that encourage deep thinking and intense working where piece and quiet encourage concentration… No not them specifically… Noooo it’s the twonks that sit in them almost shouting down thier mobile phone disturbing all around who are actually trying to work.
    Go
    Get
    Another
    Desk
    With
    A
    Phone
    On
    It
    🙄

Parking in the middle of a space big enough for two cars. Ooooh.

Mister P

Parents who continually park on the access road to my daughter’s school, despite the repeated requests from the head teacher for them to not park there. It annoyed me so much this morning I have photographed all of them and sent A4 pictures to the head teacher in the post.

twinw4ll

Greedy shallow people obsessed with money and stuff.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

People who leave their motor running at the level crossing, which they know takes about five minutes normally.

Planet-raping ****.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Do the hoses on petrol pumps really extend all the way round to the other side of the car? Genuinely didn’t realise this.

Just about. It was a bit of a squeeze on the Mondeo, but if you drive a Fiat 500 you’ll be fine.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Buffoons who drive with their fog lights on when it’s not foggy.
    Asshats.

Jamie

Do the hoses on petrol pumps really extend all the way round to the other side of the car? Genuinely didn’t realise this.

Some are a bit better than others, but most will stretch.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

😆 I’m lying on my deathbed* reading this and it’s really cheered me up.

Up until now I thought I was really tense and intolerant. I’m now beginning to realise I may be one of the UK’s most chilled people 😯

I do agree about all the parking stuff though.

*this might be a slight exaggeration

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

usually Nissan Jukes, usually white.

I think they only come in white.

Work colleagues who don’t make eye contact with you when they pass in the corridor/office, just so fn rude!

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Strange-looking work colleagues who insist on making eye contact with you, even though you are socially awkward and it makes you feel uncomfortable… 🙂

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

The sound of someone whispering. A woman was doing it on the train last night and it took every ounce of self control to stop myself going over to her and smashing her face repeatedly into the seat back in front of her.

david47

People that hold meetings across corridors/pavements…
    People that decide to wait at the narrowest point of a pavement, effectively blocking it…

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

I’ll second those hideous Nissan juke headlights. It should be legal to take a hammer to them at traffic lights

anono

Why does every bottle of shampoo, soap, etc describe itself as being made with “aqua”. Why not water?

I think I know why – because some marketing-speak arse thinks it sounds more exotic – but they’re wrong. All it does is annoy people.

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

TfL

And prices that end in -99, eg £4.99. Do they really think people are stupid enough to think that it only costs £4 and not £5?

IA

People “curating” things. YOU’RE NOT A MUSEUM.

I’ll just curate a collection of slaps to your face shall I?

Premier Icon skellnonch
    Subscriber

My mrs opening any kind of packet, destroys it so that half the contents end up on the floor or fall out as soon as you touch it

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Gambling adverts.

Specifically, the one with the grey, miserable couple who look like a pair of unwashed alcoholics.

And those 118 inserts during films on ITV4.

When your fingernail gets a tiny little split that catches on every piece of clothing you touch until you manage to cut it.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Grossly overweight people using those free mobility scooters in supermarkets!

Walk a bit, it might do you some good.

bomberman

People “curating” things. YOU’RE NOT A MUSEUM.

I’ll just curate a collection of slaps to your face shall I?

Hilarious.

For me it’s middle lane drivers. OK it’s white van drivers. OK it’s all drivers.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

And prices that end in -99, eg £4.99. Do they really think people are stupid enough to think that it only costs £4 and not £5?

My housemate always quotes the exact price of things, so if hes sees a good offer he will say ‘Wow (he’s says that alot too, regardless if the situation warrants it), that is reduced to four pounds ninety nine pence!’ As opposed to ‘four ninety nine’ or how I imagine every one else says it. ‘A fiver’

First to the wall….

Premier Icon neil the wheel
    Subscriber

On a similar theme, ads (usually for furniture or computers) where they try to make the price sound not like a price by just saying the digits. eg; “This leather sofa is now only six-nine-nine”. Stop it.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I’m not sure if this counts as petty but,

Nonsensical marketing lies with meaningless statistics.

For instance, I heard an advert for some diet plan on TV the other day that proclaimed “lose up to eight pounds in a month.” People hear that and think “wow, eight pounds a month!” but that’s not what they’re promising. They’re saying that, best case scenario, you might lose eight pounds but no more, you could lose less, you might not lose any at all.

Sales boast “up to 50% off!” So at most, you’ll only ever save 50%. They could sell a £1 bar of chocolate for 50p and have the rest of the store at full price or 10% sale price, and you’d still be saving “up to” 50%.

LIES!

Jamie

Cougar’s post can help in the fight against boredom.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

For instance, I heard an advert for some diet plan on TV the other day that proclaimed “lose up to eight pounds in a month.” People hear that and think “wow, eight pounds a month!” but that’s not what they’re promising. They’re saying that, best case scenario, you might lose eight pounds but no more, you could lose less, you might not lose any at all.

My above mentioned house mate is using that very plan! He’s lost more than 8lbs. Though he was 19st to start with.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

He should sue them for false advertising.

plyphon

There’s been a lot of research into sales marketing language – my favourite was the JC Penny case –

Instead of saying “But one get one free” or “up to %50 off” they just cut the prices of everything to be lower and transparent. They told their customers this extensively, that instead of having sales and 50% deals, they were just lowering prices permanently.

however it flopped massively, and their sales hit rock bottom. So they abandoned this and went back to the usual “buy one get one free sales” and their sales have began to turn but are still suffering from the setback.

Customers outright preferred being lied too and have prices inflated to give the impression of savings, than have clear, transparent, low pricing. Even when they knew they were being manipulated.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Customers outright preferred being lied too

SALE ENDS TOMORROW!

(New sale starts next week)

the BMW tagline ‘Intelligent thinking’. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

emsz

2 things today

Thing 1: biscuits that look like the are soft and chewy so you buy one but it turns out to be crunchy and crumbly

Thing 2 when your not getting any. Why is it the only thing you can think about?

Premier Icon pictonroad
    Subscriber

Vouchers.

You receive them from company X (usually unsolicited) and you just KNOW the reaction you’ll get that when you present them for redemption, which, we must remember, is what they want you to do. The person on the till gives you a look as if you’ve presented them with a moist turd.

Step forward BP this morning. They had everyone behind the till to come and tut at the imbecile daring to use the voucher THEY sent ME.

I

vickypea

Drivers who do 40 mph everywhere, regardless of whether the speed limit is 30 or 60!

weare138

Yellow cars. All yellow cars. What a waste.

Premier Icon zbonty
    Subscriber

Forgetting to apply the 10% discount code for an online order i placed yesterday.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Drivers who do 40 mph everywhere, regardless of whether the speed limit is 30 or 60!

I hate monospeeders almost, but not quite, as much as I hate middle lane drivers.

chojin

When people say “I could care less” when *clearly* they mean “couldn’t”.

That really grinds my gears!

Viewing 45 posts - 181 through 225 (of 288 total)

The topic ‘Petty annoyances’ is closed to new replies.