Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • PETITION – driver aggression toward cyclists
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member
    kayla1
    Free Member

Signed. Worth a go, innit?

racefaceec90

signed

dannyh
    Free Member

Signed.

But post 2016, compassion and consideration for others is no longer in fashion, I’m afraid.

fadda

Done.
    It really shouldn’t be too much to ask, should, to just remind people that aggression using a 2 ton weapon towards someone completely unprotected is not really on….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Signed – because why wouldn’t you.

dannyh
    Free Member

It really shouldn’t be too much to ask, should, to just remind people that aggression using a 2 ton weapon towards someone completely unprotected is not really on….

Totally. When they’ve mown someone down and (if really ‘unlucky’) end up in court the contrition and tears flow freely – some genuine, some fake. But that is irrelevant to the poor ****er they killed through their aggression.

slowoldman

Signed.

ginkster

Done.

Trimix
    Free Member

I will sign it, as that takes a moment. But I dont think it will make any difference, sadly. To change behaviour the recipients for this campaign will have to hear and see it and have empathy for it.

Its the lack of hearing, seeing and empathy for cyclists that is the problem.

Perhaps forcing drivers to spend a week commuting to work on a bike once every few years would help.

MoreCashThanDash

Its the lack of hearing, seeing and empathy for cyclists that is the problem.

Perhaps forcing drivers to spend a week commuting to work on a bike once every few years would help.

This.

igm

Perhaps forcing drivers to spend a day commuting to work on a bike once a week would help.

FTFY

Signed

Watty

Signed.

poly
    Free Member

A public awareness campaign not to be a dick?

Your 60 seconds signing the petition would be better spent firing an email to your PCC asking why enforcement is not a priority – most of the behaviour is against the law. Former Police Scotland Chief Constable made it a priority to focus on road traffic because it was far more likely that you’d be killed on the roads than murdered.

MoreCashThanDash

Your 60 seconds signing the petition would be better spent firing an email to your PCC asking why enforcement is not a priority – most of the behaviour is against the law. Former Police Scotland Chief Constable made it a priority to focus on road traffic because it was far more likely that you’d be killed on the roads than murdered.

Not against the petition for awareness, but I agree, if we all pestered our PCCs we’d see better results

redthunder
    Free Member

Signed.

40mpg

Done

sirromj

Me too.

andyflare
    Free Member

Done.
    Thanks for sharing.

plus-one

👍🏻

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Had a close pass like that myself last week in almost identical circumstances but on a narrower road. The guy was speeding too, and I knew what he was going to do because I didn’t hear him throttle off the gas as a car on the other side blocked his clean overtake. I found myself about 6 inches from the curb as my preservation instinct kicked in. Worse than reckless from the driver, almost like they want to harm you. Beware young men in hatches.

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

That close pass up there is positively cuddly alongside the one I got yesterday from some **** in a hired Luton Van thing. Probably six inches away from my bar end and not much more from the car coming the other way.

If I could have dragged the toe rag out of the van and beaten the shit out of him I would have. Happily.

malv173
    Free Member

But post 2016

As late as that?

Signed though.

dannyh
    Free Member

But post 2016

Around 24th June I seem to recall.

malv173
    Free Member

I was thinking more around 2010. But in reality, probably a long time before that!

ugarizza
    Free Member

Signed, and hoping more do the same as the numbers are pretty low.
    It all helps.

kerley
    Free Member

most of the behaviour is against the law.

Sort of irrelevant though if there is nobody to catch them. Of all the close passes, overtaking on blind bends and then pulling in and other shitty driving I have never once seen a police man anywhere near them and even if I did I doubt they would get pulled over anyway.

MoreCashThanDash

Sort of irrelevant though if there is nobody to catch them.

Hence the suggestion that we need to pressure PCCs to review their priorities.

kerley
    Free Member

Hence the suggestion that we need to pressure PCCs to review their priorities.

It is unrealistic though isn’t it. There are never going to be enough police just knocking about watching drivers who are driving badly or aggressively (towards cyclists or other cars drivers). Priorities within the finite number of people available are not going to get far.

JAG

Done.

I hope it all works out but I have my doubts :o(

MoreCashThanDash

Nothing will change if we don’t try and change it.

rhayter

Done. Almost at 10,000…

singletrackmind

Signed. For all the good it will do. Until the cps make it super easy to prosecute with helmet cam evidence, a mere close pass that does not lead to injury wil always be low priority.

DezB
    Free Member

Your close pass is nothing! When you’ve heard this rumbling next to you before a 90degree bend….

It’s usually not the aggression, but the stupidity that causes the issues. But hey, we can address the former. The latter… good luck.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Signed.

But post 2016, compassion and consideration for others is no longer in fashion, I’m afraid.

On both sides of the fence.

b230ftw
    Free Member

@DezB – wow that looked very scary.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

10k+ signatures now. Up from less than 5k yesterday lunchtime, it’s growing. Slowly..

citizenlee
    Free Member

Done 😉

I’m kinda used to it now, which really shouldn’t be the case.

tobymc

Signed and shared

crazy-legs

Click to see the full thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘PETITION – driver aggression toward cyclists’ is closed to new replies.