Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Petersfield / Warnford SDW Conditions?
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Thinking about doing a 20-30 miler tomorrow on the South Downs Way between these two locations.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what the conditions might be like?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

To answer my own question, very wet and muddy!

For anyone riding this way, avoid the bridle path between Winchester Hill and The Old Wickham Railway! I already committed myself to this section so ended up riding through a feet deep of water which was completely unavoidable – my feet were soaked!

Otherwise very rideable and fun as always….

caspian
    Free Member

Yup, I live near Warnford and the off road conditions round here are NOT GOOD

daveagiles
    Free Member

It wasn’t quiet that deep when I did it on 2nd, but not surprised. It seemed to be damned at one end, preventing it from draining.

That decent in the Mud is fun though…

benmotogp46
    Free Member

As you’re heading towards the old railway from Winchester Hill, there is a section about 30m long in a foot deep of water from the barbed wire fence over to the brambles. There is litterally no way round it!
    There was no way I was going to turn back an make my way back up the quagmire of mud though….

Then at the end of the railway when you come off for Exton, the railway arch is copletely flooded too, again around 1ft deep. My feet were already soaked by this point!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Petersfield / Warnford SDW Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.