Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PeterPoddy’s ‘How To’ guides are teh awesome!
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I followed his excellent guide to adjusting the travel on a Reba fork, and it was a piece of cake. The photos made it much clearer than Sram’s own manual. And the honest, plain language was really easy to follow.

So, nice one, Peter! Thanks for taking the time to produce that. And maybe Sram should be bunging you a few quid for making their customers’ lives easier!

Bloody messy procedure, though, isn’t it? And I got a nice face full of oil spray, letting a bit of air out after I’d pumped them up again.

atlaz
    Free Member

Got a link to them?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Personally, I can’t see how you can fail to go wrong with the tech docs on the SRAM site.

DezB
    Free Member

I did a Yeti bearings one cos the Yeti instructions were absolute crap.
    Peter ain’t gonna need it no more though ❗

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can I have a link to his work ive been thinking about getting rid of the spring on my motion control pop lock thing and need to refresh my memory.

chakaping
    Free Member

These testimonials are useless without links!

emac65
    Free Member

I did mine with no mess & no Poddy instructions 8)
    It’s pretty straight forward tbh………….

I_Ache
    Free Member

I probably could remove the spring with no instructions too but i dont want to remove the wrong one and end up with locked out forks.

Dont know what your problem is with the travel adjust dont you just turn the twisty thing on the top of the left leg? 😕

emac65
    Free Member

If it’s not U-turn you have to remove(or add) the spacers from inside the fork leg….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yes I did get that it was a joke. I thought it wasnt a bad one but obviously I was wrong. 🙁

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Whats “teh”?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think its mleh speak.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, it’s like ‘all of teh awsum’, what you get with geeky kids on tinternet. Nowt to do with Mleh.

Actually, I don’t have the links to the instructions! Peter sent me the Reba instructions as a Word doc. I think. But there are other bits on Tunnel Hill Trolls site, I think.

I just thought the instructions were very clearly laid out, the photos were excellent for illustrating the points, and it was very simple and easy to follow. Hats off to PP, for going to the trouble of producing such guides, for the benefit of other people. Think that deserves respect.

As for the mess, well, just a bit of oil comes out when you take the lowers off, but it’s no big deal.

PPs guide to converting the Poploc thing to the adjuster knob was so clear and concise, I swear I could do it without looking at the guide, as the procedure is fixed in my head.

I agree that it’s not difficult, but until you’ve done something, you don’t know that.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, guys. 😀 The travel adjust one I knoked up in double-quick time at work for someone on here.

Sadly they aren’t online anymore as AOL decided to shut their homepage service and not having enough PC-geekness I don’t have the skill or time to get them online again right now.

I have copies as do lots of other people on here, feel free to pass them round.

I did them because I believe that eveeryone can do stuff like this if only someone will take the time to show them how…. Yes, SRAM have manuals but they can be daunting to say the least for us ametures. I was bricking myself the first time I took my Rebas apart, and when I found it was sooooo easy I decided to try and pass the knowledge on in simple, easy steps.

😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Whats “teh”?

I write teh all the time by accident, its just a very common typo when typing fast.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Anyone with copies can post them to me, I’ll host them for nowt.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PeterPoddy’s ‘How To’ guides are teh awesome!’ is closed to new replies.