Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Peter Kay tickets.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Looks like he could be breaking all records again. All ticket sites seem to be chaos already.

Drac

Garlic Bread! Hilarious

simondbarnes

I don’t get it. He’s about as funny as the plague.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

I knew it’d bring out the haters.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I like him. I prefer his TV stuff though over his stand up.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It’s not like in the old days is it? [ 😆 ] Remember the old days when you could buy tickets in a queue outside the venue. [ 😆 😆 😆 ] Let’s all laugh while we remember familiar things from the old days. [ 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 ]

johnw1984
    Free Member

Brilliant. Watch everyone who doesn’t like him, open a thread to comment about how much they don’t like him.

Incidentally, All the sham ticket websites can go **** themselves. Waited since 9:30 to get tickets, all sold out.

Then you go on Facebook and people are saying they just went on at 10:05, straight through and bought them, no fuss!

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

To be fair to him he always does his bit for Children in Need by promoting his latest tour.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got tickets for the Newcastle show, Feb 2019. Leeds had sold out apparently!

If he’s half as funny live as John Bishop that’ll do for me! Took 2 days for me pants to dry out!

Drac

My Mrs is trying to get some for Newcastle or her mother is for them, I won’t be going to see the same jokes.

theboatman
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea, but all the boat’ettes want to go. Rang the Sheffield fly and bought 4 tickets no worries. Brother-in-law text as he was out and about wanting some, took about 5 attempts and bought 4 more. Ticket madness……

Edit

If he’s half as funny live as John Bishop that’ll do for me!

That’s what worries me, had to see him at the O2 and couple of years ago, and I’ll never get that time back.

leffeboy
    funkmasterp

Loved Phoenix Nights and his first stand up. Not really seen much since then tbh. Is the standup just more of the same “good at remembering” stuff?

funkmasterp

double post

RustySpanner

If I want to see cheerful fat Northerners who aren’t as pleasant as they first appear I’ll go and speak to my family.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Not a hater, but I love the Shooting Stars Peter Kay on Masterchef sketch. (iPad youtube link not working)
    “Remember old fashioned trousers?”

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

So good 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6RdlpCXHk[/video]

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Got 4 June at Manchester

wrightyson
    Free Member

After 40 mins we got 6 tickets for Birmingham. Tickets now for sale on twickets at original price.

CheesybeanZ

Someone on our local Facebook is trying to sell a pair @ £150.00 each !!

wrightyson
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ – Member 

Someone on our local Facebook is trying to sell a pair @ £150.00 each !!

So **** wrong! The sooner you have to register your name and it goes on the tickets the better.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t get it. He’s about as funny as the plague.

Yeah, but look how many people succumbed to it’s charms.

colournoise

Paddy and Max. Great.
    Car Share. Pretty good.
    Don’t like his stand up.

Got tickets for Bill Bailey’s new tour though, so all’s good.

RustySpanner

Car Share and Phoenix Nights were indeed excellent.

Watched his standup DVD’s and tbh, I knew half the gags anyway because they show clips all the time on TV, which spoilt it a bit.

I have a mate who was on his course at Salford Uni.
    Apparently he used to sit in the pub with a soft drink and write down anything he found funny, then build his routines around that.
    He was a popular, pleasant bloke by all accounts.

The Dave Spikey row put me off him a bit tbh, but he does what he does incredibly well and you can’t deny he puts a shift in.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Car share was funny and Phoenix Nights was ace.

The Dave Spikey row put me off him a bit tbh, but he does what he does incredibly well and you can’t deny he puts a shift in.

“I did lots of research for it on my own. I took Peter to loads of clubs and I even sent my own wife to an Ann Summers night for research!

kerley
    Free Member

His sit coms are good, Phoenix nights especially, but his stand-up is aimed at a wider audience (a lot of older people) who would just look at the TV in a confused state if faced with an episode of Phoenix nights.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I like him. I can imagine that won’t help his STW street cred

DezB
    Free Member

Everytime there’s a comedy thread, it stuns and amazes that not everyone likes the same comedy!!

Hey, you know that Michael McIntyre bloke? Nobody! BUT NOBODY finds him funny yeah? Gets his own TV shows n everything! No, but someone posted a video of him on my Facebook and I couldn’t listen to it, but it was subtitled – and I was laughing! It was about Waitrose shoppers and very well observed. I think it gained something from not being able to hear the twonk. Yeah, just that. Still don’t like him though.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Tickets for Glasgow – front stalls – £414 each!! FFS!

He’s a funny man but…..

wrightyson
    Free Member

I could probably sack him off and do the wrong thing and easily make a quick 400 quid on my 6 cheap seats tickets. But to further enrage the haters I’m gonna go to the show and undoubtedly laugh and have a good time even though I could have made money.

DezB
    Free Member

£414 each!! FFS!

Jeez. That’s insane. When are ticket prices going to reach a point where nobody is prepared to pay such stupid money for an hour or two of entertainment?

pocpoc
    Free Member

We managed to get tickets for Leeds.
    It took two computers, 3 ticket sites each and lots of refreshing and hope and disappointment but Mrs PP stuck gold after about 20 mins!
    It still amazes me that gigsandtours site was still crashing. It’s like they didn’t expect a million people to suddenly try and get tickets for a massive arena tour from their ticket website at the time they went on sale!

Oh and for the arguments, I like Peter Kay. Some people don’t. They probably didn’t buy tickets, I did.

johndoh
    Free Member

So **** wrong! The sooner you have to register your name and it goes on the tickets the better.

Iron Maiden did this for their last tour. Well, they brought in a rule that the ticket buyer had to be present at the turnstile with all ticket holders and have the original payment card with them. It worked for them – didn’t sell out as quickly but still sold out and the tour was full of people that simply bought full price tickets. Granted it was a bit chaotic at the venue at times but I felt that inconvenience was worth it.

whitestone
    Free Member

Always strange how the resellers manage to get a large number of tickets very quickly whilst ordinary punters struggle to get one or two. It’s almost like there’s some sort of collusion between the original ticket site and the resellers 😯

the-muffin-man

There were still £80 tickets available at 3pm on Sunday, so it didn’t sell out within minutes.

When I saw they were £80 I left the queue! I like him, but not that much!

fasthaggis

Always strange how the resellers manage to get a large number of tickets very quickly whilst ordinary punters struggle to get one or two. It’s almost like there’s some sort of collusion between the original ticket site and the resellers

Yup..
    Was hearing from someone at work who had been trying for Glasgow tickets.They were trying the sites as soon as tickets came on sale.All sold out,but within minutes there were lots available at a returns site for £400 😯 ..
    Makes ya think 😉

jekkyl

I wonder if he’ll say ‘what’s that all about eh’
    I like him too, I like the sorta look at normal life in a funny way approach. I’d like to see someone do a mix up between his style with a bit of Frankie Boyle thrown in.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve only seen 3 other comedians live so looking forward to Peter Kay.
    Ken Dodd. Hilarious.
    Sarah Millican. Hilarious.
    John Bishop. Maybe more hilarious.

RustySpanner

Ken Dodd is the funniest comedian I’ve ever seen.

He does go on a bit though, show started at 8, we left after midnight.
    There were a couple of musical numbers though and he started to repeat himself about 11ish.
    🙂
    Without any exaggeration, he’s a genius.

All imo, obviously, before the sneering starts.

Second funniest was Shazia Mirza, just after 9/11 at the Manchester Comedy Store.
    ‘Hiya, my name’s Shazia Mirza. Well, that’s what it says on my pilot’s licence…’

whitestone
    Free Member

Crikey! My folks took me to see Ken Dodd in Blackpool either late 1960s or early 1970s 😳

Bloody rubbish – I can’t remember any of his jokes 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Peter Kay tickets.’ is closed to new replies.