Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pete v Goretex Paclite.
  • zippykona

Looking at 2 jackets.
    Which would be more breathable?

jam-bo

Pete. definitely pete.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Paclite is OK but it is not very robust and also, being so thin, it transfers the cold from rain to your body so feels much colder than a thicker goretex jacket.

Same with Active Shell.

zippykona

How about pertex , is that better than pete?

scotroutes

What kind of Pertex? That’s a brand name covering a few different fabrics. If it’s a fully waterproof version then it might be about the same as Paclite. A wind/showerproof version will be more breathable.

scuttler

Are the hipsters all over Pete? Pete cagoules for the win! Long live the Pete!

nickc

I’m not buying a jacket made of pete.

it sounds a bit weird, and not massively waterproof if I’m honest.

zippykona

Rab fuse pertex or a gore paclite.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Rab fuse pertex or a gore paclite.

gore paclite and some ducktape to stick the rips back together because you rode near some brambles.

My paclite jackets lasted about a year and a helf before they leaked on the shoulder where they had been worn by the strap from my messenger bag whilst on my short commute. The Active Shell might be slightly better but the material has still frayed open on the ridge by the hood peak, and that is mostly commuting as well.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m not buying a jacket made of pete.

It’ll be waterproof just as long as you manage to keep the subcutaneous fat layer. Not very breathable though, and the shelf life will be quite limited..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pete v Goretex Paclite.’ is closed to new replies.