Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?
  • grum
    Free Member

Can someone please post some lyrics or videos which show his apparent genius, to give us all a laugh try and change our minds?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

A flawed genius

his only flaw being that instead of being an actual genius, he’s a runt*

* re-posted since a nasty email about avoiding the swear filter

binners

I’d think that’d probably be a pointless exercise fella. You either like his stuff or you don’t. I do personally, but I do agree that, in general, he’s a complete numpty

Oh go on then

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO7F_pQKhX4[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9o8XDaf8GM[/video]

and for pure ironic gold..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jVXfAZdr6I[/video]

Let the mocking commence 😉

Oh… just to point out… that last one is pretty sweary… so if that offends you…..

Can you tell who’s recently had a telling off?

grum
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be pointless in terms of providing fodder for me to mock you and slate him. 🙂

TerryWrist
    Free Member

No way would I give him a job though. Tattoos. Doesn’t matter how handy he is with the photocopier or “singing”.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I for one think ‘don’t look back into the sun’ and ‘cant stand me now’ are easily two of the best songs written this century.
    Would both be on my desert island 1000

F@C$ Forever would be a conteder too.

Some of the others are a bit beyond me though

slimjim78
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter how handy he is with the photocopier or “singing”

Dylan is hardly a ‘singer’. His fans wouldnt change his voice for the world.

scuzz
    Free Member

His fans wouldnt change his voice for the world.

Hitler had his supporters, too
    (I couldn’t resist…)

slimjim78
    Free Member

Dylan was a not quite as pro-active..

I doubt Hitler would have liked him either

deluded
    Free Member

Some would see him as a persecuted, misunderstood musical genius and romantic rake shrouded in profundity. What I think – he’s a whiney self obsessed bore, whose music and lyrics are totally lost on me.

Neither I nor my music collection is going to be everyone’s cup of tea.

… it’s all subjective in the end.

jota180
    Free Member

I doubt Hitler would have liked him either

Robert Zimmerman – let me think

wrecker
    Free Member

One of the first names into my fantasy mass grave.
    Pond life.

Duggan

But PeDO guilty? He doesnt have the strength. The ‘roided bodyguard however?..

He definintely isn’t a ‘roided bodyguard’, despite the fact that’s what the media call him. Doherty could never afford a full time bodyguard.

He is clearly useful to Doherty in other ways though, in a mutual relationship kind of way.

emsz
    Free Member

Warning stalkerish content

I have one of his cigarette butts

God, that’s really bad isn’t it 😯

bazwadah
    Free Member

Mr Doherty appealed to his minder, Johnny Jeannevol, known as Johnny Headlock, and to Mr Roundhill to come to his aid.

Mr Roundhill says that he tried to distract Blanco by setting light to his tweed cap, which was resting on a table

I would have thought having a minder called Johnny Headlock would have made it easy to get someone to leave without having to set fire to his tweed cap..

binners

Or indeed throw him off a balcony. Some may see that as overreacting…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdkksDaSXPU[/video]

emsz – yes it is. Have you heard of Hepatitis? 😉

warton
    Free Member

AS with all conversations that involve people saying:

but his music is really very average and extremely derivative

the stock response I favour is:

Play us one of your songs then Grum, they must be really, really good.

wrecker
    Free Member

To be fair, grum isn’t a professional musician and nobody’s claiming he’s the best songwriter of the last decade.

warton
    Free Member

OK, fair enough, but, he must be able to give us a critique then, with examples, of why they are derivative and very average?

BTW, not a huge Docherty fan at all, can’t stand me now is a great song, but it annoys me when people dismiss music as shit with no explanation, just because they don’t like it

Junkyard
    Free Member

you just answered your own question twice then

it annoys me when people dismiss music as shit with no explanation, just because they don’t like it

I think I know this doeshe not like it because

his music is really very average and extremely derivative

Anyway thank god we are not actually discussing the death of a person in mysterious circumstances where doherty running from the scene, his minder confessing and experts saying he was dropped not jumped.

Lets get the importan issues dealt with

Grum give us a song please or a very long critique using the harvard reference system 😕

BigJohn

Murder cover up or murdered a cover version? The latter more likely I think.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No way would I give him a job though. Tattoos. Doesn’t matter how handy he is with the photocopier or “singing”.

LOL! It took a while but I got there in the end. 8)

bullheart
    Free Member

But PeDO guilty? He doesnt have the strength

You would be gobsmacked at how strong someone off their tits can be. Truly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have you been wrestling with Fred again 😉

I dont know what happened or who did what but the account given does not seem to match the film and someone knows.

warton
    Free Member

Anyway thank god we are not actually discussing the death of a person in mysterious circumstances where doherty running from the scene, his minder confessing and experts saying he was dropped not jumped.

Lets get the importan issues dealt with

Yeah you’re right, it’s incredibly important that an internet forum discusses and no doubt comes up with the explanation to this case, maybe we could sell our services to the police as well.

Where would the world be without STW and it’s incredible crime solving powers???

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s subjective though is it not?
    I think most modern pop music played on radio 1 is shit but couldn’t break it down and give you legitimate reasons for this, other than; well it’s shit!
    You don’t need to be a musical genius to have an opinion.

If I hear one more ****ing Flo Rider song I’m going to drive my car into a ****ing wall. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

grum
    Free Member

the stock response I favour is:

Play us one of your songs then Grum, they must be really, really good.

It’s not a great argument is it. So, unless you’re a great politician you can’t criticise politicians, unless you’re an amazing footballer you can’t have an opinion on a football team?

Also, funnily enough, I am a professional musician (sort of – I earn about half my living working for a music education charity running music workshops etc) – I don’t really write songs though. 🙂

Notice I didn’t actually say his music was shit – I said it was very average and very derivative.

Junkyard
    Free Member

straw man I simply said the issue of the death was more important than Grums opinion of his music

Would you like to disagree – is it not more important ?

binners

Yeah you’re right, it’s incredibly important that an internet forum discusses and no doubt comes up with the explanation to this case, maybe we could sell our services to the police as well.

As Hitler has already been mentioned, I blame Thatcha!!!

joao3v16
    Free Member

Is there an exact specification for ‘good’ music?

If not, then all anyone can really say is whether they like it or not, not that it’s good or bad.

Have any actual accomplished and well-respected musicians/song-writers said that Pete Doherty is one of the most talented song-writers of the decade, or is that just what some people on the internet who don’t know anything about writing songs/music think of him?

😀

grum
    Free Member

Well, I have a degree in music and make my living from music, so I reckon I’m more qualified than his fan-boys on here. 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

Ah, so you’re opinion actually counts then 😆

Shibboleth
    Free Member

It’s not a great argument is it. So, unless you’re a great politician you can’t criticise politicians, unless you’re an amazing footballer you can’t have an opinion on a football team?

Well, I have a degree in music and make my living from music, so I reckon I’m more qualified than his fan-boys on here.

Make your mind up Grum 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the wink[ you omitted] in no way changes that or altered what he was saying

I think you need to work on your sense of humour

Pigface
    Free Member

Didn’t he have a song writing partner in the Libertines?

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?’ is closed to new replies.