Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?

Home Forum Chat Forum Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?
  • Jamie

Allegedly.

wrightyson

Waste of oxygen is that lad!

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

An overdose would do us all a favour

hora

I must admit the cctv images dont look right interms of his fall.

ScottChegg

That’s been doing the rounds for years.

Plod will have looked at it and found the ‘evidence’ a bit shakey.

Funny the Beeb dragging it up to make themselves look like the upholders of the law.

If he wants to increase his popularity he should reinvent himself in the manner that Jennifer Lopez did.

bullheart

Allegedly.

Of course, of course. That goes without saying.

Albanach

If he wants to increase his popularity he should reinvent himself in the manner that Jennifer Lopez did.

Release a fragrance?

spchantler

didn’t some young girl die in dohertys flat of a heroin od after going to make a film about him? stay away from drugs, kids

grum

stay away from drugs Pete Doherty, kids

Jamie

Celebrities were much better behaved back in the 70/80s.

*ahem*

Rebrand himself with an abbreviated version of his name? 🙂

Rebrand himself with an abbreviated version of his name?

Very good… 😆

khani

Rebrand himself with an abbreviated version of his name?

P’Doh.. 😀
    Edit, tooooo slooooow…

grum

Funny echo in here…. 🙂

khani

sick great minds think alike… 😀

Junkyard

My opinion is that i find it hard to believe that no one there knew he returned and that they are all unaware of the events that happened

Perhaps a joint enterprise charge would help with memory recall?

Allegedly.
    Of course, of course. That goes without saying.

No need it is indeed a strange case and you have made no claims as to the participants [unlike me]
    I know to preface it with my opinion as its hard to prove that it is indeed not my opinion and I have made no claim as to whether it is true or false simply that its my opinion 8)

Shibboleth

One of the gifted songwriters of our time. A flawed genius. And the fact that he’ll probably be dead before long makes some of his work even more poignant.

bullheart

You kids are good today!

*doffs hat*

sputnik

One of the gifted songwriters of our time. 😆

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Shibboleth +1

I love the Sun readers pub banter you generally get about him.

“He’s a bloody waste of space, smackhead etc etc. Whats he ever bloody done eh?”

“Have you ever listened to the Libertines?”

“Erm… no…”

Basically this seems to amount to they don’t play his stuff on Radio 2, like that Snow Patrol stuff you like so much, so therefore it must be rubbish 🙄

“The truth will out.”

It probably already has, and this – like every single other ‘conspiracy theory’ – is just a load of old cobblers!

PeterPoddy

One of the gifted songwriters of our time

In opinion only. Other opinions are available. 🙂

“Have you ever listened to the Libertines

Yep. Very average. Forgettable. Unremarkable. Nothing new. Pick one of those

Junkyard

Whilst its not been a great decade for music it is surely not been that bad has it ?

Binners to call this a conspiracy is silly

Have a read of the link

He argued with doherty , he was evicted , he returned, no one noticed him at all as he crept back in and silently jumped to his death in a manner that looks like he was thrown and no one saw anything

I find it hard to believe that this account is actually accurate whatever you think of his music.

Shibboleth

Yep. Very average. Forgettable. Unremarkable. Nothing new. Pick one of those

Nothing new? Hmmm… Well you could say that about any musician, even the oh-so-trendy dickwads trying to invent new genres like dubstep in order to showcase their “creativity”.

Or you can look at the sheer poetry in his lyrics, the abstraction, the beautiful way he splits couplets. Check out “Music When The Lights Go Out” as an example… His genius is the apparent simplicity, but the structure is far from simple.

I find his songs just keep growing, something new every listen. He’s the only songwriter in recent years that can give me goosebumps when I recognise another clever twist in a song I’ve heard hundreds of times.

Then look at his Babyshambles work, much written whilst in prison. “Down in Albion”, a stunningly wistful reminisce and “Pentonville” itself, maybe not groundbreaking but brilliant in its own right.

Duggan

He’a a pretty talented guy musically, regardless of whether you think he’s an idiot or not. For sure, if I decided I didn’t like music made by idiots, half of my music collection would disappear.

I watched the programme on BBC last night about this (think it was an excerpt in Newsnight) and there’s definitely no conspiracy theory and there is 100% a case to be answered. I really don’t think that much is in dispute.

I’ve always thought of Docherty as a nice guy but with big problems, but I have to say that he did not come across well in the Newsnight investigation, even when taking into account his addiction problems.

jota180

Still doesn’t mean he’s not a ……….

Any talent he may well have/had is far outweighed by him being a knob

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting he isn’t a nob. He is. But he’s a (maybe annoyingly) talented little sod

As Duggan pointed out, if we only listened to music made by people who weren’t dicks, where would that leave us…..

😯

grum

Oh, Shibboleth wasn’t joking. 😯

Junkyard

there is possibly some middle ground between those two binners

dabble

Pete Doherty is a prick of the highest order. In my humble opinion.

Junkyard

ok you win 8)

grum

I have no interest in what he’s like as a person but his music is really very average and extremely derivative. He seems to be one of the massively overrated artists of recent times – usually by people who buy into the whole ‘flawed genius/junkie poet’ persona.

Edit: thekingisdead put it more succinctly. 🙂

fasthaggis

DO you mean the rock star genius turned actor ? 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvP80qKy6k[/video]

He’s the only songwriter in recent years that can give me goosebumps when I recognise another clever twist in a song I’ve heard hundreds of times.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

What? Even….

? 🙂

slimjim78

I love some of his music, Libertines/Babyshambles are tinged with genius, I even tend to enjoy watching rock & roll antics, but I lost 99% respect for him when I watched an interview where he went off camera for a couple of minutes (to shoot up) and came back to rejoin the band – and promptly squirt the camera lens with fresh blood from his syringe.

Given the circumstances, how anyone could think this chap genuinly decided to re-enter the party like a silent ninja and kill himself within 57 seconds is beyond me.
    Manslaughter at best.

But PeDO guilty? He doesnt have the strength. The ‘roided bodyguard however?..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Pete Doherty involved in murder cover-up?’ is closed to new replies.