Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pet insurance recommendations
  • colp

Need to get insurance for our 11 month old Cockapoo. I’m looking at some comparison sites and M&S are reasonably priced with good cover.
    Any recommendations before I click buy?

Cheers
    Col

kerley
    Free Member

Don’t go for cheapest as a lot of them don’t pay out. I use PetPlan for both of our dogs and they have paid out every time for everything we needed to be done (including some alternative stuff as long as it was referred). Got a couple of dogs that didn’t have a good start so have claimed around £3,000 for each so far.

xora

Not petplan, they **** around until my vet finally refused to accept any new customers with petplan plans!

mattbee

We’ve had nothing but great service from Petplan.
    Have claimed dozens of times for thousands of pounds worth of arthritis treatments, heart problem investigations etc for our ‘sicknote’ springer x lab.
    Always paid quickly direct to the vet and we have easily claimed more than the cost of premiums over the years.
    Whomever you go with just avoid E&L like the plague.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Boughtbymany seemed to be the popular choice on the cavapoo group on Facebook when we were looking a few weeks ago.

dovebiker

We had insurance for years, but monthly premiums are now what we used to pay annually and the exclusions far more prohibitive. About 12 years ago we decided to put the premium into a savings account for our 2 hounds – it now has over £10k. We had an emergency admission last week for bloat with our 12 year-old basset hound – bill was £1200 – the only major episode in the last 10 years.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

PetPlan for me too. Never any problems.

riklegge

Another – 1 for e&l. Recreate their cover by burning £20 notes and shouting at the phone.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Petplan, paid 1500 our no quibble when my stoopid pup broke his toe which he then had to have amputated because it had zero chance of mending whilst attached to stoopid pup!

mattyfez

Pretty sure ours is on pet plan through pets at home, but but it’s an arena ferociously defended by the Mrs. Not worth an argument.

They seem good apart from most instances it’s not worth claiming due to the excess so you end up coughing up as the excess is a hundred quid I think.

3 cats and a pupper.

mattyfez

We’ve saved a pretty penny when the one of the cats got hit by a car though, xray and treatment etc etc. and the vets seem competent.

Pupper has had 3 visits including one out of hours emergency when we took him in, but it didn’t get expensive enough to claim, so we paid cash.

colp

Thanks for the replies.
    Boughtbymany are quoting £22/month with zero excess and £7k/year, Petplan look around £27/month for a similar cover level, not what excess.

mattyfez

I apologise,

It seems we’re insured with ‘animal friends’ currently.

Ignore what I said above. Really sorry for misleading you.

Life time cover
    High per condition cover
    It’s surprise in how much things cost at the vets I wouldn’t get anything less than 2000 per condition cover

That’s if it’s a cat if it’s for a dog no less than 4000 per condition cover

Sorry for misleading..

myti
    Free Member

I’m with animal friends and it’s been great. Not as expensive as pet plan but lifetime cover and a good level of cover. We’ve claimed 3 or 4 times over 9 years.

cardo

Avoid Ultimate Insurance Solutions or UIS or Ultimate Pet Insurance… what a bunch of ***** wriggled out of paying for our old boy when he got ill towards the end of his days, they even charged us to cancel the policy!..
    We bank it and hopefully won’t need it.

colp

Animal friends come up pretty reasonably on the comparison sites, I’ll have a proper look, cheers

pocpoc
    Free Member

We’re with animal friends for both dog and cat. They have paid out on bith policies in the past with no delay or debate.

andyl
    Free Member

We did have more than but they kept hiking the price up each year with no claims beyond what seemed reasonable for a dog over 5. We are now with petplan.

andybrad

i dont have any pets but my other half is a vet nurse and deals with insurance claims.

get petplan!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pet insurance recommendations’ is closed to new replies.