Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pet friendly places to stay in the Lakes.
  • desboy3
    Free Member

Having had a couple of jaunts to the Lake District with biking friends I would quite like to take Mrs Desboy away for a break. Probably like to stay Ambleside way and would like nice accommodation that will allow our dog to stay in the room with us. An inn/restaurant with rooms or a hotel would be preferable to B&B. Thanks in advance.

montylikesbeer
    Fishd

Given the insane-o prices of hotels in the UK compared to most other places in Europe, don’t rule out hiring a cottage … we go every year with friends and for four of us, hiring a whole house usually worked out the same price as B&B and then factor in the added bonus of privacy and a lounge / kitchen to hang out in. Ok, so you don’t get an expertly cooked full English every morning (unless you or the missus are expert full-English cookers) but I believe the pros outweigh the cons… you can also usually store the bikes in the living room* … which most B&B owners for some reason object to.

Can look at a few companies for the best bargains… Wheelwrights, LakeLovers, Welcome Cottages etc…

*Always remembering to keep them vaguely clean and remove traces afterwards, this is someone else’s property after all…

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I can highly recommend the watermill at ings in-between stavley and ambleside. Stayed there with our dog earlier this year and it was first rate.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hoathwaite farm campsite, dog friendly, lovely toilets…..

Maybe not wife friendly though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pet friendly places to stay in the Lakes.’ is closed to new replies.