Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Peston
  • scaredypants

I thought he’d left the BBC – sure I put up some bunting earlier in the year

Either they cloned the irritating **** or else he’s back

Was it all just a beatiful dream ?? 🙁

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

His leaving do was only lastnight.

edhornby

can we have stephanie flanders back please ?

MrOvershoot

edhornby – Member
    can we have stephanie flanders back please ?

Here you go

I bump into her with her bike outside Broadcasting House on my way to the interview. She is dressed in a smart blouse and skirt, and despite the roar of the traffic on Wood Lane, and the sirens and the litter, she looks as if she’s about to cycle off to have tea with her tutor, a nice chat about Keynesian economics over a buttered crumpet or two.

It’s her usual cycling gear, she says, although she has one of the easiest commutes of her working life – she lives just five minutes away, and nips home between bulletins to put her children to bed. She wrote a newspaper article on the control theory of risk and how it relates to cycling, and once delivered a report for Panorama from her bike, cycling around Britain to investigate our economic status. She wore her usual skirt and blouse, which prompted one cycling website to complain that although she helped “normalise” it as an activity, it wasn’t going to do much for sales of fancy gadgets.

Flanders’s view on cycling is simply that it’s an efficient means of transport. “Efficient” is one of her favourite words when it comes to cycling. “Apart from a taxi, the only way you get as close to your front door is to cycle. I’ve always thought cycling was quite a lazy option. It’s for people who really don’t want to walk anywhere.” This seems to me to be very Flanders: level-headed, practical, no nonsense.

scaredypants

she’ll get oil on her nylons

MoreCashThanDash

*lies down in darkened room*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve always thought cycling was quite a lazy option. It’s for people who really don’t want to walk anywhere.”

The feeling I get, my commute it could be done chainless if I got the lights right, I change my mind as soon as I leave work though

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Stephanie Flanders left the Beeb in 2013 to go and work for the banking overlords at JP Morgan (boo hiss – it’s behind you etc etc)

loddrik
    Free Member

Peston has been hiding behind his hair, maybe the indie band thing didn’t work out….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Peston’ is closed to new replies.