Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Personal Shortcomings
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Nope, because something always does come of it 🙂

Remember, failure is a learning process. Just because you haven’t reached your goal doesn’t mean you haven’t learnt anything!

plyphon
    Free Member

Before people start calling me a robot with no sense of fun or relaxation, I’m not all that bad. It’s all a balance innit and the end of the day, it’s just the fulcrum that’s different for people

loddrik
    Free Member

The only way you better yourself is by pushing yourself. If you do not push every day you’ll only stay where comfortable.
    Failure is a lesson, lessons are to be embraced and absorbed & turned into knowledge to succeed. If we never failed, we would be nowhere.
    You don’t get to the top of your game, whatever your game may be, without pushing yourself each. and. every. day.

This sounds like management bullshit to me.

Maybe if you get someone to repeat it enough times they’ll actually end up believing it…

Kryton57

plyphon – Member
    Nope, because something always does come of it

Remember, failure is a learning process. Just because you haven’t reached your goal doesn’t mean you haven’t learnt anything!

You are so right. I’ve learned that interval training hurts, despite the fact I’ve never won a race.

mogrim

no-one’s last words are “I wish I’d spent more time working”.

I reckon there’s plenty of people who’ve died wishing they’d made a bit more of their lives, including working.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

plyphon – dude I have tried than mantra – worked for a bit, you should have seen how fast I gained muscle when did a load of weight training!

Sadly I feel different now.

That’s fantastic and I envy your ability to switch off

Why not start here?

jekkyl

It’s all about personal goals. My intention for life is enjoy every minute of it, not by inventing or achieving something, but by having a bloody good time as much as possible. I have to say I do enjoy myself quite a lot, Feed the ID? nah, gorge it!!

edit: GFS, mint T shirts, gonna have to have that ‘plain lazy’ one with a bike on.

footflaps

I reckon there’s plenty of people who’ve died wishing they’d made a bit more of their lives, including working.

A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is ‘I wish I hadn’t worked so hard’.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hehe, I about forgot that. Maybe I’m doing more that I thought right, eh?

plyphon
    Free Member

FWIW: I’m more on about hobbies, interests and things that make you who you are. If work makes you who you are then so be it, but I’m more referring to my hobbies and pursuits, rather than going to my workplace and performing flat out :p

That article is pretty interesting though.

Nail and head though:

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

“This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called ‘comfort’ of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again.”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Promiscuity, well it’s not so much a shortcoming, more a hobby.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not very patient and tend towards being a bit frantic, this invariably leads to an encounter with my short fuse.. 😐
    I’m a bit lost in groups of folk, smoke too much and my knee is completely jiggered

scrapheap beckons

Kryton57

3dvgirl – Member
    Promiscuity, well it’s not so much a shortcoming, more a hobby.

And your phone number is…?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

WTF. I turn my back for 2 minutes….?!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Personal Shortcomings’ is closed to new replies.