Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Personal milestone reached :)
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve been off the bike for just about 12 months due to illness.

Initially really missed it but then days became weeks and weeks became months. A few times I thought I’d never ride again due to my condition and what you read about it.

But yesterday I managed to do my old loop, albeit slightly slower and I had to walk some of the climbs. But when I got to the highest point, where there happens to be a spectacular view over to the Malverns, I had a bit of a moment realising how far I’d been and how far I’ve come in the past 12 months, plus I was reminded how much I love and have missed riding my bikes. Soooo Sweet!

To those of you who have illness, injury or something else keeping you off the bike – keep focused – your day will come sooner than you think 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Sweet. 🙂

MartynS

good one..! little steps for now, don’t set yourself back.. we’ll have you up to the Peak soon!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jameso

Soooo Sweet!

I can imagine.. enjoy! : )

Bushwacked
    Free Member

MartynS – I look forward to that. Strangely I was thinking about the peaks while riding yesterday.

sharki
    Free Member

great stuff buddy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well done

racefaceec90

nice one 😀

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Wahey, bet that felt great! 😀

fourbanger
    Free Member

Congrats. Gotta keep on pushing!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers everyone! Buzzin to be back riding

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Good on ya bw, I feel another cotswolds masiv ride coming on……..

thomthumb
    Free Member

high 5.

jedi

bushwacked, we need a bmx session with the atkins for old times!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

FACT! and a visit to Herts too 🙂

nbt

It’s great when you start to get things together. Mrs NBT suffers from the same thing and from experience my advice would be to be sensible and take things slowly.

Can you offer you a tandem ride in the peaks if you fancy scaring yourself 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

What’s she got?

Hohum
    Free Member

Good on you chap!

Thanks for writing something uplifting for us to read on a wet and windy Sunday.

Bunnyhop

What’s she got?

Hi bushwacked mrs. nbt here. I suffer from fatigue syndrome, which is mostly under control.
    However nbt bought me a new frame from STW a few weeks ago and I haven’t felt well enough to ride it yet. So it’s all built up in the garage and I just go in and stare longingly at it.
    The longest I was off the bike was 7 months and then it got to where I could pootle along the local canal and gradually got back into biking.

This is great news that you have managed a ride, there will be many more in the future, but for now just take it easy.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers, yeah CFS for me – been a rough 12 months but had a change and been 4 weeks of doing more and more with no real after effects. Gonna slowly build up overtime but I’m amazed at how normal life is becoming and riding my bike without relapse was a big moment in my recovery 🙂

Goz
    Free Member

The road to recovery starts for me shortly once I get the all clear…..have been off the bike for over 6 weeks with a busted elbow.
    Good luck Barney with your recovery.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, Hope you’re back on it soon.

Second milestone for me yesterday – FOD red and blue 🙂

jedi

bmx!!!!!!!!! oh and get your arse to herts

Bushwacked
    Free Member

😀 it’s in the plan 😉

jedi

i’m meeting atkins monday eve for a session at corby

Sue_W
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Fantastic! Really pleased for you, you must be loving every minute of riding now 🙂

Hope you take it steady and carry on improving.

Bunnyhop – I really sympathise. I has PVF for 12 months (3 months of not being able to do anything at all, not even basic tasks, 3 months of being able to only to a small amount, and 6 months of slowly, slowly building back up again). I found it incredibly hard, not just physically but also emotionally. But in coping with CFS, you must be an extremely strong person. And good on NBT for obviously being so supportive.

oldfart

Will be getting wife to read this as she’s recovering from a broken leg and is getting really frustrated .

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Tony – love to be there but thinking it’ll be near mid oct once I’m fit enough.

Sue – things turned around for me after hearing about Ashok Gupta

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Fair play.

Best stw thread of the day.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Personal milestone reached :)’ is closed to new replies.