• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by anono.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Perfumetrackworld
  • mahalo

Lads please go and ask the Mrs what is the must have perfume this year. Need to get some for Christmas looking for ideas. She appreciates exclusivity so nothing too high Street she doesn’t want to smell of anything mates have got.

theotherjonv

it doesn’t work like that. Different fragrances smell different on different people. Just buying something because it smells nice as a tester is a minefield.

Buy her something you know she likes. If you don’t know what she likes, then what kind of a partner are you?

http://www.thelondonperfumecompany.com/blog/why-perfume-smells-different-on-other-people.html

I’ve just saved you £50 and a potential bollocking.

augustuswindsock

Jo Malone would probably win you brownie points – but it ain’t cheap, you could get a new pair of (expensive)tyres for the price!

jamiesilo
    Free Member

it’s all cnacer causing poison anyway!
    save us all the stink and get something else.

andy4d

Yep, another for jo malone here. Breaks my heart spending this amount on a fragrance BUT the brownie points you get are huge.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Different fragrances smell different on different people. Just buying something because it smells nice as a tester is a minefield.

^This^

Hence why good places, such as Jo Malone, will actively encourage you to try some. Go away for an hour or so. Then see if it works for you.

scaredypants

I smell gorgeous in Chanel #19

get her that and think of me when, you know …

stevede
    Free Member

My mrs has brutally expensive taste and has a terrible habit of wanting stuff that’s sold out everywhere or just ridiculously expensive. In the case of the perfume she’s just asked for it appears to be readily available. Just expensive! Gypsy water by byredo. Never heard of it. Just ordered a 100ml bottle which has ensured that I will never forget the name……
    https://byredo.co.uk/gypsy-water-eau-de-parfum-100-ml?gclid=CKeyrc6X99ACFaWw7Qod2iIHhQ

russyh
    Free Member

Wife swears by Jimmy Choo perfume is in a pink a bottle, smells alright to me. She is 30’years old if the demographic adds some context.

mahalo

Joe Maloned it. Ouch! Thanks for heads up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, let’s hope it suits her…..

Which did you go for?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Atkinsons Her Majesty the Oud

mahalo

Well I thought she might like that I chose what I think she will like… but I also got some samples etc so if she doesn’t like it she can exchange it. Got talked into a matching candle too!!

It’s the one with sea salt in it, dunno it’s all gift wrapped…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wood sage?

A bold choice. Quite manly, in fact. Also, a fairly weak scent, that doesn’t work on all.

(Disclaimer – I buy Mrs CFH a lot of Jo Malone at Heathrow. So much so the staff there now know me. 😳 I know what she likes, though, as we try stuff out whenever we get a chance. )

andy4d

AND a candle…..oh boy brownie points heaven and unlimited biking passes coming your way.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Diptique, tom ford private blend stuff, Hermes, Oritigia, Acqua de Parma and JoMalone as mentioned above.

london_lady
    Free Member

Personally I cannot understand the fascination with Jo Malone – always smells quick sickly.
    Diptique, Narciso Rodriguez – my current perfume of choice is Les Classiques de L’OCCITANE Ambre or Kiehls Musk

Kamakazie

Creed do some nice stuff.

anono

Surely just a quick squirt with GT85 does the job – built in lubricant too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Perfumetrackworld’ is closed to new replies.