Perfect fitting road bike – replicate or upgrade?

Home Forum Bike Forum Perfect fitting road bike – replicate or upgrade?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Perfect fitting road bike – replicate or upgrade?
  • crikey

Try some others; 9/10ths of the comfort is probably familiarity, so anything will feel odd when new.

Sue_W

My old Tricross bike (original spec but with road tyres) fits me perfectly – not just in the basic geometry but how it somehow ‘suits me’ in terms of getting the best out of my performance. It’s an excellent climber (partly due to the gearing) and very comfortable so I can be sat on it for 100 mile rides.

But, it is heavy, with basic and clunky components, and I would like something lighter and more responsive.

I have tried for several years with a lighter road bike which ‘should’ have fitted me better, but it didn’t work to ride.

So, should I upgrade the components on the Tricross and accept the heavier aluminium frame? Or try a find a carbon bike with exactly the same geometry (if that’s even possible)? Or go down the custom build frame route to get a lighter frame which matches the Tricross?

Any advice or suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Perfect fitting road bike – replicate or upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.