Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • People who work in the bike industry
  • pinhead
    Free Member

Why is that in the bike trade either be it,bike shops,manufacturers,pro riders,biking videos etc etc they all sound lardy dar posh middle to upper class? ex university alot of em.

yep i know its a middle class sport but..

jam-bo

You live in a posh area?

cynic-al
    Free Member

that doesn’t match hardly any of folk I’ve met in the retail side.

Suggsey
    Free Member

You aint been in Halfords have you 😆

jedi

Oi, I’m deffo not posh 🙂

sc-xc

lardy dar posh middle to upper class

It’s Lah-Di-Dah, you lower class oik 🙄

bm0p700f
    Free Member

What do you mean by posh? there is hardly an accpeted definiation.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Maybe you’re just REALLY rough?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Have you seen Steve Peat or Rob Warner??

pinhead
    Free Member

steve and rob are the minority.

the majority-middle class,ex uni types.
    the accent’s

mrmo
    Free Member

steve and rob are the minority.

how many pros histories have you explored? most road pros are from working class backgrounds.

Lifer
    Free Member

Do you want some fish with your chip?

Hadge
    Free Member

I have never been to Uni and the only accent I have is a Stokie’s so I must buck your trend. I am well mannered though and say thanks after a shag.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Since when did getting a decent education make a person posh.
    And does it matter. People end up in the bike trade because they love bikes

CHB

Send him to shop at on one for some proper Yorkshire accents.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Pinhead = ZERO knowledge of the industry. And yes, I am qualified to say that.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Yeah, Bmx is a notoriously well-heeled sport.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

and the award for the most obvious and lazy troll goes to…..

bullheart
    Free Member

Hadge you old romantic….

pussywillow
    Free Member

Yep I for one must agree that the majority are from exceptionally rich backgrounds ie, private school boys and such. With how expensive the sport is it’s quite hard for working class folks to appreciate just how good it can be on a right bike, which is a real shame for the sport. The athertons have had it on a plate, and theyve been spoon fed into it so no doupt to them becoming pro’s. Peaty on the other hand hasn’t, and this shows he’s had the raw talent from the start! He’s a legend! 8)

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s does not have to be exspenisve. The hard tail I race on was mostly used bits and outof date bargains
    Cost about £800 spread out over a many months and weights in at 19 lb

pinhead
    Free Member

Well it goes without saying the ones defending are the ones i refer to!
    thisissheffield spoon fed uni types.steel city i was surrounded by middle classes every bloody where.!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

…some pathetic Trolls on this site this weekend. go ride your bike.

pinhead
    Free Member

Lifer – Member

Do you want some fish with your chip?

ahh lifer forever the life and soul of the party

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Get out of your cave.

STW esp is a notorious Tory bashing ground.

I’ve met very few people in this industry that are “posh”

shifter
    Free Member

Posh people ride horses, not bicycles.

Rorschach
    Free Member

1/10.
    Idiots ride steeds, not bicycles.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member
    …some pathetic Trolls on this site this weekend. go ride your bike.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yep exactly! So why aren’t u out on yours! 🙄

scaredypants

they’re not all as posh as they make out – even cap’n flasheart works the tills at WH Smiths

kaesae
    Free Member

Not so much posh but MTBing has become the new bling for those with money!

tazzymtb

who cares?

If your issue is that those with with a customer facing role in the bike industry can present themselves in a professional manner without sounding like an educationally sub normal pleb, then welcome to the real world.

I wouldn’t buy something from any company where their representative couldn’t string a cohesive sentence together, regardless of how good the product is.

As for sponsored riders again who cares, but it tends to be the ones that can ride well and represent their sponsors well by being able to come across as more than a oik wiv an attitude

pussywillow
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy something from any company where their representative couldn’t string a cohesive sentence together, regardless of how good the product is.

That is very shallow man! U sound a bit stuck up yerself there! If something is good, I would buy it regardless of how the representative sounds!!

tazzymtb

no, that is business, welcome to the real world. 😀

grum
    Free Member

Yep I for one must agree that the majority are from exceptionally rich backgrounds ie, private school boys and such. With how expensive the sport is it’s quite hard for working class folks to appreciate just how good it can be on a right bike, which is a real shame for the sport.

Hmm, I see quite a lot of the work vans of brickies, sparks, plasterers etc parked up at trail centre car parks. Quite a few DHers I’ve met are tradesmen of some variety.

Funnily enough I’m middle class and most of those people earn way more than me and have fancier bikes. WGAF. :shrug:

pussywillow
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    no, that is business, welcome to the real world.
    POSTED 24 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Business is getting the best deal u can regardless of someone’s background! I am very much in the real world! U however…………….. 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Yep I for one must agree that the majority are from exceptionally rich backgrounds ie, private school boys and such. With how expensive the sport is it’s quite hard for working class folks to appreciate just how good it can be on a right bike, which is a real shame for the sport.
    Hmm, I see quite a lot of the work vans of brickies, sparks, plasterers etc parked up at trail centre car parks. Quite a few DHers I’ve met are tradesmen of some variety.
    Funnily enough I’m middle class and most of those people earn way more than me and have fancier bikes. WGAF. :shrug:
    POSTED 17 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeh I too see tradesmen vans, good to see as I’m a tradesman myself. But I never had the best bike growing up is what I’m trying to say! Infact it were an old knackers third hand cast iron piece of shite!!! 😆
    I do see a lot of rich kids with big burly expensive DH bikes that must cost at least £5k! I wish my daddy would have bought me one when I were a kid! 😆

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘People who work in the bike industry’ is closed to new replies.