People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !

Home Forum Chat Forum People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !
  • noltae

Pardon my triviality but this seriously irks me – Usually the case that these people have zero regard for the ensuing que that invariably develops in part due to their refusal to utilise the available pump because it’s on the ‘wrong’ side – Witnessed this twice today – just seems really inconsiderate especially when they make zero efforts to give space to vehicles behind that would otherwise be happy to use any pump regardless – Rant over !

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

I don’t mind if they wait for one pump. There a few who seem to want everybody to wait behind them while they block every pump. Happens a lot at my local due to its poor layout.

Some cars are small enough that you can stretch the pump across.
    Some aren’t.

Some pumps are long enough to stretch to the other side.
    Some aren’t.

Some people are tolerant and patient.
    Some aren’t.

Gary_M

Usually the case that these people have zero regard for the ensuing que that invariably develops in part due to their refusal to utilise the available pump because it’s on the ‘wrong’ side

How does waiting for a pump on a particular side form a queue? Surely they leave a pump free for the ‘I’ll use a pump on any side’ guys? Therefor the only people queuing will be the ‘I’ll only use a pump on the ‘right’ side guys.

Plus as above from perchypanthe. Sometimes using a pump on the ‘wrong’ side means dragging the hose across the rear of the car. That’s not something I’m happy doing.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

I can’t find a hose long enough to reach at the majority of stations. Sorry to irk you.

Freester

1/10.

Legible. Punctuated. Good spelling and paragraphs. No random use of caps.

Poor rant.

thecaptain

Hard to do it in my van. I do pull up so as to not block others though. Don’t recall it having been a problem at the pumps I frequent.

I’ve yet to find a pump who’s hose is not long enough to stretch around the sizeable rump of my smax. Sometimes I have to park closer to the pump than usual but no problem. I suspect most people don’t even think about it and just are on auto pilot.

One thing that irks me are people who won’t drive between two cars to go to the front pump if someone finishes on that one first. I’ve jumped the queue a few times doing this when the person in front of me refuses to drive through.

Premier Icon silverT4
    Subscriber

People pulling into the “wrong side” when I’m in my van irks me. Just goes to show you can’t please anyone. 😕

noltae – Member

Pardon my triviality but this seriously irks me –
    I gave up at this point. 🙄

jekkyl

some people are retired and have all the time in the world and are happy to wait, at least that’s my observations. Dam you old people with your bags of time and wrinkly skin.

gobuchul

It’s the one who decide to do their shopping while leaving their car at the pump.

They should have a place reserved for them in the 9th circle of hell. 😈

Premier Icon oliverracing
    Subscriber

I’m yet to find a hose that I can’t stretch over my car, but then again it is only 61 inches wide and less than 43 inches tall

joshvegas

My party piece at the local petrol station which has not long enough hoses is to pass all the queing people in reverse.

There is never a wrong side just direction.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Most cars are narrow enough and most pump hoses are long enough – not yet found one that didn’t work and my car’s not small.

BUT

I got told off for fuelling from the other side by a garage, because the hose came straight out of the nozzle handle and didn’t have an articulated connector. Apparently pulling it across (even though I didn’t pull hard) breaks it quite quickly.

It’s only one petrol station that said that though. How we’re supposed to know before we get to the pump I have no idea.

As said by gobuchul, now every garage seems to have an M&S or Waitrose in it, it’s the people that leave their cars on the pumps while they prat about in the shop for twenty minutes. I had this the other day, and when the driver finally emerged he proceeded to pop his bonnet whilst still on the pump, and check and fill his oil up ignoring the massive queue building up.

How long, in reality, do you have to wait? Five minutes maximum I reckon. Just chill out for five minutes. It’s not like your world will end because you’ve had to wait a bit 🙄

finephilly

I used to work in a petrol station and a customer came in piss wet through cos the carwash had jammed.

butcher

I got told off for fuelling from the other side by a garage, because the hose came straight out of the nozzle handle and didn’t have an articulated connector. Apparently pulling it across (even though I didn’t pull hard) breaks it quite quickly.

Right or wrong, I was always of the understanding that pulling the hose across damages them.

I don’t really get the complaint tbh. Using the correct side seems a perfectly sensible thing to do to me, and if they choose to queue up when other pumps are available, then surely that leaves a free pump for you??

joshvegas

silverT4 – Member
    People pulling into the “wrong side” when I’m in my van irks me. Just goes to show you can’t please anyone.

It irks you that people who got there before you get their fuel before you?

jekkyl

fine though your story is finephilly it is completely unrelated to the thread subject.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

If it doesn’t reach around, I just open the windows and pass it through.

johndoh

I used to work in a petrol station and a customer came in piss wet through cos the carwash had jammed.

I was once almost that person – it was one of those car washes that drags the vehicle through on a conveyor belt and the warning sign outside said something like ‘Engage the handbrake in the off position’. I just read the ‘Engage handbrake’ bit and proceeded to set off various alarms and get myself stuck in the middle.

LOL!

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

then surely that leaves a free pump for you??

Not if they block access to those pump too. Not often but does happen, especially in small urban petrol stations.

thomthumb

Waves.

that’s me. 😀

finephilly

As the supervisor, I had to bollock people for naughtiness. I guess if the OP whinges to the staff, they’ll ensure satisfactory fuelling procedures are followed!

finephilly

Being Sherlock Holmes when there’s a ‘drive-off’ was fun.

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

It’s a right ball ache using the wrong side to fill my Freelander due to the filler position & there’s a high likelihood of the hose scratching the crap out of my paint.

136stu

What irks me is when I’ve queued behind someone, they take the first pump and I take the second. They only part fill, pay and drive away then some moron comes from behind and takes the first pump.

Then I’m sat waiting for them to finish and pay.

cheekyboy

I dont give a shit ! I only ever fill up in works time 😉

devash

Some cars are small enough that you can stretch the pump across.
    Some aren’t.

Some pumps are long enough to stretch to the other side.
    Some aren’t.

This.

Not every garage has extendible pumps.

136stu – Member

What irks me is when I’ve queued behind someone, they take the first pump and I take the second. They only part fill, pay and drive away then some moron comes from behind and takes the first pump.

Then I’m sat waiting for them to finish and pay.
    :lol I’m laughing at you, not with you.

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Noltae – that’s a poor effort for a friday afternoon end of working week rant.
    Must try harder…… 😀

teasel

find a pump who’s hose

*squints*

Here ya go…

teasel

OT – If the pump is on the opposite side to my cap I just reverse in.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

every pump i’ve used has been extensible enough to reach around

and of course the ones that hold things up, also are the ones that pump the last quids worth really slowly to pump an exact £xx.00 but then go and pay on card

least here in Germany the hands free catch always works so you don’t have to squeeze the handle for the entire duration

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

I find adopting a crazed look, holding the nozzle in one hand & a lighter in the other clears the queue quickly.

nostoc

I’m in full agreement with OP
    They are the same people who slow down to 2mph to cross speed bumps.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

least here in Germany the hands free catch always works so you don’t have to squeeze the handle for the entire duration

That’s a bad idea.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

it’s a damn good idea when tanking up and it’s -17C outside like it was the last time I filled up!

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

I scratched a lease car badly once dragging the pump across as the hose must have been full of dirt and grit and it scratched the rear quarter.

Had to get it touched in before it went back, cost about £80.

I use the Ultimate or V Power fuel in mine and at a few stations near me, they only have this on one pump so I sometimes have motorists queuing behind me when their is a pump in front which doesn’t have my fuel.

Well it’s tough, not my fault I can only get the fuel at one pump it’s the garages so take it up with them.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

I’m yet to find a hose that I can’t stretch over my car, but then again it is only 61 inches wide and less than 43 inches tall…

Nice. Is that. A later version of the old Cox GTM? A mate built one just after we left school. Most envious at the time.

joshvegas

They are the same people who slow down to 2mph to cross speed bumps.

Thats me since i spent boxing day taking a cracked sump off.

noltae

I don’t buy into the notion that using the ‘wrong’ side causes the hose to drag /touch the back of vehicle – Its ridiculously straightforward to use other hand to guide the hose..

I don’t buy into the notion that using the ‘wrong’ side causes the hose to drag /touch the back of vehicle – Its ridiculously straightforward to use other hand to guide the hose..

I’ll full up on the side of the filler cap. If you can’t deal with that, I suggest you learn. I’ll continue doing it now that some people find it irksome.
    Dare I ask what else irks you enough to write a post about?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘People who wont fuel up unless the pump is on the closest side to their tank !’ is closed to new replies.