• This topic has 49 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • People who order lattes and cappuccino's in pubs?
  • binners

Should they be:

A) told that the big silver machine is there purely for effect, forcefully marched from the premises, and pointed in the direction of the myriad surrounding Costas and Starbucks?

B) taken outside and shot? Possibly ‘falling down the stairs (officer)” on the way?

If they also want to pay on a card, then it’s straight to option B, obviously. But are there ever mitigating factors which might place option A on the table as a viable warning not to do it again?

molgrips
    Free Member

They’re not as bad as people who CAN’T GET THEIR APOSTROPHES RIGHT!

You aren’t even consistent in the same thread title!

rossi46
    Free Member

Would you prefer the driver to have an alcoholic drink then?

ton

and twits who order water or pop.

binners

I colour things in for a living! I’m semi-literate! Deel wiv eet!

crikey
    Free Member

Shoot them in both feet. Scum.

molgrips
    Free Member

And I like coffee. So there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fight it out in the car park after you have had 8 pints and they have gone 2 days without caffeine?

binners

Oh Christ Molly! You’re not one of them, are you? Freaks!

crikey
    Free Member

And I like coffee. So there.

Then you can go to the coffee shop with the other people.

Pub = beer shop.

crikey
    Free Member

…have a cake while you’re there.

ross980
    Free Member

tbf if I were nominated driver for the night I’d rather have a coffee than some carbonated syrupy shit.
    Having said that, I don’t think I’ve ever had a coffee in a pub when I’ve not been eating. Maybe next time – just to piss off the locals (I’ll make sure I pay with a card too) 😀 .

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have had a mug of tea in a pub before, after a couple of pints, but I was just too tired to drink more beer. Am I to be shot?

footflaps

Given the profit margin is about 20x higher on coffee than beer, I think the landlord would much rather everyone ordered coffees…..

andyrm
    Free Member

A coke, or a water or maybe even an orange juice is an acceptable non-booze tipple in a pub. Coffee/tea etc is not. It’s just not right.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I have a coffee every time I have breakfast….in a Wetherspoons, always pay by card too. And I take the kids in.
    What do I win?

ross980
    Free Member

Given the profit margin is about 20x higher on coffee than beer, I think the landlord would much rather everyone ordered coffees…..

I bet the margin on soft drinks is even higher than that.

jekkyl

ton – Member
    and twits who order water or pop.

Well excuse me for having children.
    Nothing wrong with having a brew in a pub if that’s what you fancy, perhaps I’m on antibiotics or a recovering alcoholic and fancy spending some time with a friend or 2 who does want to drink. Pah!

Marge
    Free Member

It is a bit weird but as a teetotaller there’s only so much coke you can drink…
    A nice tea or a cappuccino is most welcome.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coffee should only be served in Pubs between 11am and 3pm, after that it’s beer only.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I drink coffee all the time, mind your own business.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well if you will go drinking in Chorlton..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like a peppermint tea after eating sometimes. Thankfully my local serves this kind of thing. I dunno, you’d swear it was responding to a demand or something. Poncey bloody place.

convert

Latte in general, anywhere – don’t get it! Kind of posh mellow birds.

Cappuccino – a proper little one not a big voluminous pint of milk with a frothy top – that’s a 10am drink in the right sort of drinking establishment with a paper.

Of an evening, a hot drink kind of feels wrong but a mug (has to be a mug) of black coffee(filter or americano) is the least wrong.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I would lock up with those who want food more complicated than crisps. And those who bring kids in as well. And those who let women in by themselves.

CountZero

Maybe if there were places where you could go to get a coffee late in the evening, perhaps, but seeing as how all those ‘myriad surrounding Costas and Starbucks’ shut after 7.00pm, a pub is the only other option should a person want a non-alcoholic drink that is fizzy ersatz fruit juice.
    Exactly this situation in Bath last Friday after a gig finished at around 10pm. Me and the mate I was with didn’t want a pint, we’d already had beer at the gig; we wanted to go get a coffee before heading home, but there’s nowhere in Bath, which is bloody stupid.

br
    Free Member

I have a coffee every time I have breakfast….in a Wetherspoons, always pay by card too. And I take the kids in.
    What do I win?

Only if you were in your pyjamas 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’m generally happy with women in the bar area as long as they wear slutty clothes, if they’re frumpy they really need their own room…..

tomhoward

If y’all must insist on having a hot drink in the pub, please ensure Eva (iirc) thebarmaid doesn’t fleece you extra for milk….

benji
    Free Member

I usually have a glass of milk, so come on you brawlers who’s up for a fight

teasel
    Free Member

tea etc is…not right.

If it’s good enough for the Slaughtered Lamb it’s good enough for any pub, surely…

binners

You went for coffee after a gig? Who’d you been to see? Cliff Richard? 😆

simonbowns
    Free Member

this is why I love mainland europe – you can get a decent coffee, pretty much anywhere at pretty much anytime and not get looked at funny for asking.

Sandwich

I can recommend you don’t order coffee in the Fox outside Hathersage. Cup filled through the grounds for an americano. Yuck

Bregante

binners, if the pubs you are drinking in serve fancy coffees then surely you are drinking in the wrong kind of pub?

hmm, I wonder if the church can fix me up with a hazelnut macchiato next monday?

Assuming that Mondays haven’t been cancelled

rewski
    Free Member

I mix the two

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

this is why I love mainland europe – you can get a decent coffee, pretty much anywhere at pretty much anytime and not get looked at funny for asking

So long as you don’t order a cappuccino after midday when you’re in Italy.

MrSmith
    Free Member

If choosing a non alcoholic beverage boils others piss why not order a coffee?
    The only thing that stops me is the fact the coffee is shite in pubs. The tea is usually o.k. though 😀

neilco
    Free Member

Drinking coffee. Paying by card. Each person paying for their own rather than doing rounds.

Ban them.

neilco
    Free Member

…and whilst I am on it… I hate this time of year in pubs… Christmas parties bring out all the people who never normally ‘do’ pubs. You know, those who take 10 minutes to decide what to drink and have no idea of the etiquette around waiting at the bar. Roll on January.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘People who order lattes and cappuccino's in pubs?’ is closed to new replies.