Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • People that whistle all day in the office
  • Harry_the_Spider

Are you allowed to kill them?

maccruiskeen

Whilst they work?

onewheelgood

Absolutely. Nothing worse than a whilster.

slackboy

wither is this office?

bearnecessities

It’s whilstful dithrepect.

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks. Done it.

Now there are bloody sirens outside making a racket.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Well, you would take a job in a gemstone mine.

“Hi ho, Hi Ho , It’s off to jail I go……….”

Jamie
    Free Member

Sauron’s outside?

I bet everyone is tolkein about that.

maccruiskeen

Thats not a racket, thats a harp

rocketman
    Free Member

Our resident whistler tells us he started whistling to drown out the continuous white noise from his wife and 3 daughters and now he can’t stop poor sod

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ooooh! Do you work in Wimbledon? Is Venus with her? Isn’t it spelled racquet? COME ON TIM! He’s only Scottish when he loses…..

Jamie
    Free Member

Tim Henman has the look of a whistler.

Harry_the_Spider

Kill him

Jamie
    Free Member

Seeds 10-1 already did.

Even his hill is now another man’s mound.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My desk neighbour did some loud humming recently.

Harry_the_Spider

Kill him

perchypanther
    Free Member

Kill him

I’m seeing a pattern emerging…..hmmmm ,let’s see.

There’s this bloke on t’internet who’s really gettin on my tits with his insistence on brutally murdering anyone who is annoying.

What should I do Harry?

yunki
    Free Member

I whistle at work..
    My bil has a theory that chronic whistlers and hummers are subconsciously trying (and failing) to convince themselves and others that they are not already dead inside… even though they clearly are

Scapegoat

Lyre

Jamie
    Free Member

that they are not already dead inside.

Don’t worry. Harry will be along to kill you on the outside as well soon.

martinhutch

Kill them all. Utter scum.

nickhit3
    Free Member

boss has a habit of bursting into the area I work (not an office) in full song at about 200db. And i don’t work in a theatre. Typically a single line form a song he’s clearly heard in the morning. You’ll hear the same line later in the day, under his breath and then later, back at full Wembley vol.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

My bil has a theory that chronic whistlers and hummers are subconsciously trying (and failing) to convince themselves and others that they are not already dead inside… even though they clearly are

I’m convinced! Having caught self (emerging whistler?) whistling I am somewhat concerned. Picture this:

Chin raised noticeably skyward at a jaunty angle in the supermarket aisle late last Thursday. It had been a particularly challenging day, yet I felt light-hearted to be momentarily carefree. Maybe the piped-music and cool air, maybe the promise of a bottle of ale? Maybe a combination of contributory factors? Carefree and whistfully whistling. But then I realised I was becoming ‘that whistler’ and promptly ceased. I now look at the floor if tempted to begin whistling. I find this helps.

Office whistlers? No excuses. Show them the door. Really.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I just opened STW for the first time this morning and saw this thread first, while sat at my desk, in the office and whistling.

Personally I think that my whistling is in fact brightening up everyone else’s, otherwise dull and quiet day. I am sure they love it.

Coyote
    Free Member

Harry is approaching…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I think Yunki has it, at least his BiL does.

It’s starting to get a little Mumsnet in here with all these abbreviations sneaking in.

RustySpanner

nickhit3 – Member
    boss has a habit of bursting into the area I work (not an office) in full song at about 200db. And i don’t work in a theatre. Typically a single line form a song he’s clearly heard in the morning. You’ll hear the same line later in the day, under his breath and then later, back at full Wembley vol.

Play the earworm game.
    Great in a big office.
    1 to 3 players.
    Each player picks a song and attempts to plant it in the brain of as many non playing colleagues as possible, making them sing it out loud.

Decide on a time limit before hand, but people tend to get a bit jumpy and annoyed after a few weeks.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s starting to get a little Mumsnet in here with all these abbreviations sneaking in.

HTS says KH

wwaswas

Whistling or humming is a good way to quite down the voices in your head telling you to go on a killing spree amongst your work colleagues.

Just sayin’

Sandwich

Perchy yabu!

Is that my coat.

JoeG
    Free Member

CountZero

Scapegoat – Member

Lyre
    That’s a bit harsh!

piemonster

I whistle at work..

And now I understand my previously irrational hatred of you is entirely justified

pitduck
    Free Member

i whistle all the time,and this is the important bit, if i see spider i generally stamp on it. careful out there Harry!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

we had one, whislted Greensleeves every single sodding day. His nick name was “Thrush”. He asked why, Is it because I whistle like a bird??we said because he was an “irritating cu$$”

CountZero

That’s being too kind to them – solitary confinement in a room with soft walls should be the rule.

We had one, whistled Greensleeves every single sodding day. His nick name was “Thrush”. He asked why, Is it because I whistle like a bird?? We said because he was an “irritating cu$$”

😆

tjagain

I whistle at work – people tell me its nice to hear and nice to see someone happy at their work.

So up yours you miserable non whistlers.

Harry_the_Spider

I know where you live.

Harry_the_Spider

Update.

We’ve had Jingle Bells and The Sound (oh, the irony) of Silence on a continuous loop all morning.

I am about to commit a crime so vile and terrible that they won’t know what to arrest me for.

stevied
    Free Member

I whistle at work

Me too! Nowt wrong with being happy in your work. I bet you like Patience by GnR though?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘People that whistle all day in the office’ is closed to new replies.